It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Zimmerman Trial

page: 79
<< 76  77  78    80  81  82 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
This guy can't get a fair trial, no way

CNN Broadcasts Zimmerman Social Security Number
www.breitbart.com...

They broadcast his mobile number earlier as well.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
If the state is afraid of going into a "bad character" slanging match with the defence, they are moral cowards. In a muck-raking contest, George is going to lose every time.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Sereno said he was trying to protect him (Z)...

Sereno seemed to keep going back and forth between good cop and bad cop

Z said it doesn't sound like him screaming (Z)

Well .. I'll give that to him. I've heard myself on tape a few times and I thought it sounded strange. I absolutely didn't recognize myself. My own voice sounds different in my own ..

If that was Z screaming.... I thought Trayvon had his hands over Z's mouth....

It wasn't on his mouth the hole time. Martin tried and Zimmerman fought back (allegedly)

This is why I was looking forward to Sereno getting on the stand. I didn't like the tape quality (irritating), but Soreno was lead investigator and said 'manslaughter'. So I figured he'd have a lot to add ....

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by IvanAstikov
If the state is afraid of going into a "bad character" slanging match with the defence, they are moral cowards. In a muck-raking contest, George is going to lose every time.

Oh come on. Martin was a thug. Zimmerman was an idiot.
This is a case of two problem people coming together on a dark rainy night.
Together or separate ..... neither one was brilliant and neither had a clean background.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
The state highlighting the fact George said he didn't recognise the screams as his own is a bit pathetic. Nobody recognises their own voice on a tape when they first hear it.
edit on 1-7-2013 by IvanAstikov because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Oh come on. Martin was a thug. Zimmerman was an idiot.
This is a case of two problem people coming together on a dark rainy night.
Together or separate ..... neither one was brilliant and neither had a clean background.

One was way more likely to shoot another person than the other, and it wasn't Trayvon Martin. If Trayvon had got away that night, this would have just happened at a later time, going by George's distinct lack of good judgement.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   

One was way more likely to shoot another person than the other, and it wasn't Trayvon Martin.

Only because Zimmerman had the gun at the time. If Martin had a gun then Zimmerman would be dead and Martin would be on trial. And yes, Martin had pictures of guns and lots of gun chatter and violent thug chatter .. so it was just a matter of time before Martin plugged someone or someone plugged him.

(you were subjective so I took the liberty of being subjective back.
)
edit on 7/1/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   

One was way more likely to shoot another person than the other, and it wasn't Trayvon Martin.

Only because Zimmerman had the gun at the time. If Martin had a gun then Zimmerman would be dead and Martin would be on trial. And yes, Martin had pictures of guns and lots of gun chatter and violent thug chatter .. so it was just a matter of time before Martin plugged someone or someone plugged him.

)

Why do you think Trayvon didn't have his gun on him? He was a dangerous thug, so he'd have had little respect for Sanford's laws. Seems strange that such a violent criminal wouldn't be armed in an unfamiliar environment where none of his homies were around to back him up in a tight spot.
edit on 1-7-2013 by IvanAstikov because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrantedBail
reply to post by Grimpachi

You want to know what is so sad. You will not be able to accept the Jury's decision. If it doesn't go your way, it is gonna be the judge, or this, or that. You will absolutely incapable of accepting the justice system we have. Look, I want the bastage found guilty no matter what but I will be able to walk away knowing that justice and our system served us all.

Are you just trying to start an argument here. I have no intention of bickering with someone who cant even remember the things I have said. This is the last time I will tell you. I will be ignoring your posts.

The fact is the state has done a great job of proving George isn't guilty of Murder 2 their case has fallen apart and ATM the defense is destroying what little the prosecution has been able to do in their favor.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by marbles87
reply to post by IvanAstikov

Fighting on the streets =\= fighting in a ring. Hey I have some training too but if someone caught me off guard with a sucker punch a gun might be the only defense left. It's not uncommon for lucky punches to lay someone out cold or even kill them. Little know fact some of you might not know is being punched in the . at any skill level can kill someone and therefor deadly force. Lots of instances where fist fights end in death over bare knuckle punches. Just because Zimmerman took classes doesn't mean he could have defended himself in the given situation. Don't jump to such I'll informed decisions

Let me get this straight because i'm not American. In a fist fight, its perfectly legal to pull a gun and shoot the guy? FFS. This go for stabbings also? Or is there a level of reasonable force involved, ie your life must be in danger? If so pretty easy to get a way with murder just say, "well that guy punched me so I shot him".

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
So how many statements did George give without exercising his right to have a lawyer present?

Hmm I would think someone who thought they did something wrong or is trying to hide something would certainly exercise their rights. You will be sure the defense will point that out.

So either he is a genius and sly or he is telling the truth.

They had 2 trained officers interviewing him and they said there were no major inconsistencies.

This part of the trial is the turning point where George will not need to take the stand.

edit on 1-7-2013 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by marbles87

Fighting on the streets =\= fighting in a ring. Hey I have some training too but if someone caught me off guard with a sucker punch a gun might be the only defense left. It's not uncommon for lucky punches to lay someone out cold or even kill them. Little know fact some of you might not know is being punched in the . at any skill level can kill someone and therefor deadly force. Lots of instances where fist fights end in death over bare knuckle punches. Just because Zimmerman took classes doesn't mean he could have defended himself in the given situation. Don't jump to such I'll informed decisions

I missed this.

The dangers of a sucker punch come from the recipient usually being barely conscious or unconscious when they hit the floor, and as a result they are totally incapable of cushioning their landing. In combat sports, it tends to be the blow that isn't seen coming and that you are totally unprotected from that finishes opponents most often. You only have to watch any boxing or mma contest to see that punches that just flatten an opponents nose do not tend to put them on their back.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
The state brought in GZ's police interviews and statements, so in effect he is talking to the jury through those interviews so now he does not have to testify, the statements did it for him

The next trial, where Zimmerman sues NBC for doctoring the 911 tape is going to be poetic justice.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi
So how many statements did George give without exercising his right to have a lawyer present?

Hmm I would think someone who thought they did something wrong or is trying to hide something would certainly exercise their rights. You will be sure the defense will point that out.

So either he is a genius and sly or he is telling the truth.

They had 2 trained officers interviewing him and they said there were no major inconsistencies.

This part of the trial is the turning point where George will not need to take the stand.

edit on 1-7-2013 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

He's very familiar with the law as he was studying it prior to this incident with a view to being a judge(HA!) and it's not as if he could have ran from the scene, is it. He had to stay and try and bluff his way out of it using everything he'd learned from his law and order interests.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   

)

Yes but I doubt if it was the other way around the news media would have cared.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   

I had the same thoughts. He sure tried to set the matter straight and cooperate without a lawyer. Of course we do not know his take on the law though as to whether he felt he was in the clear or just didn't know better.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   

You know anyone will tell you or should that if you are taken by the police for a crime to not say anything without a lawyer. He did 4 to 6 interviews after being Mirandize all without a lawyer or exercising his rights to have one present. All without any major inconsistencies which the police are trained to pull out of him.

You can believe what you want the only opinions that matter are the on the jury.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   

He did 4 to 6 interviews after being Mirandize

At least one police officer stated we was read his rights, He still cooperated.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi

You know anyone will tell you or should that if you are taken by the police for a crime to not say anything without a lawyer. He did 4 to 6 interviews after being Mirandize all without a lawyer or exercising his rights to have one present. All without any major inconsistencies which the police are trained to pull out of him.

You can believe what you want the only opinions that matter are the on the jury.

Hey, they're your cops. If you're happy with them, who am I to complain?

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I just read legal analysts comments about dropping the charge to manslaughter.

Apparently lesser charges can be added if found guilty of murder 2 but the state at this point can’t drop the charges to manslaughter to get a conviction.

OMG he is going to walk the state never had a case with murder 2 I have even said here that manslaughter was possible but now at this point it doesn’t even come into play. They either convict of M2 or he walks but there will not be a manslaughter conviction because of the double jeopardy laws.

top topics

<< 76  77  78    80  81  82 >>

join