It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Zimmerman Trial

page: 70
<< 67  68  69    71  72  73 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Yep. The prosecution has been doing that. Its' smart of the prosecution to do. They are getting the defense witness' done so they can put on their own and that will be what is foremost in the minds of the jury.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Libertygal

Originally posted by IvanAstikov
reply to post by FlyersFan

When I start using "what if's" as desperate as libertygal's, I'll start worrying. Maybe you want to take a stab at what they could possibly have been plotting before they even knew Trayvon was dead?

And your remark about Trayvon being forced to one knee wasn't desperate?

It wasn't only desperate, it was absurd. Witnesses have placed Trayvon straddling Zimmerman, yet, you can't handle that, and pull something out of thin air about him being forced to one knee to explain the dirt on his pants in the death photo.

Smh.

One witness claims he saw Trayvon on top of George. It was very dark out there and he couldn't see anything distinctly.

Originally posted by Libertygal
Btw, in the video I posted where the girlfriend said he went to the store and came home and was sitiing on the porch, they obviously knew Trayvon was dead. This was not before they found out.

Do you have ANY actual proof they were both in the house with Chad at the time it all happened? What is it you are even suggesting? That they knew he'd just been chased by George and sent him back so they could profit from their son's death?
edit on 1-7-2013 by IvanAstikov because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   

The prosecution has been doing that. Its' smart of the prosecution to do. They are getting the defense witness' done so they can put on their own and that will be what is foremost in the minds of the jury.

Seems smart thing to do, but some of the prosecution's key witnesses already testified and it played well for the defense. Not sure what else the prosecution has to offer.

Peace

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Do you have ANY actual proof ...

The thing with this case is that there isn't much proof of anything for either the defense or the prosecution. And the rain that was coming down that day washed away what little forensic proof was on the scene and the one recording was unable to be analyzed. Conviction has to be 'beyond a reasonable doubt'. WIthout solid proof of a 'beyond reasonable doubt' nature, a jury can't send a man to prison for the rest of his life.

My thought .. the prosecution should have gone with manslaughter.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321

The prosecution has been doing that. Its' smart of the prosecution to do. They are getting the defense witness' done so they can put on their own and that will be what is foremost in the minds of the jury.

Seems smart thing to do, but some of the prosecution's key witnesses already testified and it played well for the defense. Not sure what else the prosecution has to offer.

Peace

Can a recorded phone call be tracked to establish where a connection was made and where the phone moved while in use?

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   

some of the prosecution's key witnesses already testified and it played well for the defense.

Yep. So far the prosecution has nothing.

Not sure what else the prosecution has to offer.

If they can prove that the gunpowder residue is from a weapon discharged from a distance over a few feet, and not from a distance of Martin being on top of Zimmerman ... that would be huge. So I'm looking forward to whatever the gunpowder forensics say.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Can a recorded phone call be tracked to establish where a connection was made and where the phone moved while in use?

I don't know. I know some phones 'ping' towers and general areas can be known. But as far as if someone can be tracked down to square footage .... I have no idea. I'm not 'technically savy'. (that's an understatement)

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
FF, you mentioned Sorreno on the last page. Who is that?

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
FF, you mentioned Sorreno on the last page. Who is that?

Spelled it wrong. Sorry.
New York Times

The prosecution is also expected to call Chris Serino, the Sanford police officer who was the lead investigator in the case. Mr. Serino, who said Mr. Zimmerman had a “little hero complex” and felt his statements sounded “scripted,” recommended a manslaughter charge.

But that testimony could get complicated. Mr. Serino later told the F.B.I. that he had been pressured to make an arrest. He told the federal agents that he did not think there was enough evidence for a manslaughter charge.

High-ranking officials in the Sanford Police Department and the original state attorney in the case agreed: they decided not to arrest or charge Mr. Zimmerman in February and March because they felt they lacked enough evidence to rebut self-defense.

This fella may be called later today (according to the blog). He was the lead investigator.
And his situation is convoluted. I'd like to know exactly what went on with him ....

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Peace

i think some can and some can't.

if remember right, phones with gps a location can be established at a given point in time. phones without only to the closest tower at a given time.

edit on 1-7-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   

So, he's going to testify that you can't tell who the voice is. And the prosecution is calling him to take the steam out of the defense calling him? (I read that on the blog.)

They are setting the stage for a later witness.

This expert is testifying that he can not tell you who was yelling, but someone who knows the individual would be able to tell you who was yelling.

This will set up one of Trayvon's relatives who will take the stand and say they are sure it was Trayvon's voice. Score one for the prosecution? I doubt it. Cause the defense will put on one of Zimmerman's parents or another relative who will then say it was Zimmerman yelling.

Honestly, I think this is some pretty pointless testimony.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by IvanAstikov

I believe it just gives a general area of where the call was made.

Peace

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I don't think everyone may realize that TMs parents are not going to testify... that is why they are allowed in court and Zimmerman's is not.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by IvanAstikov

the reason i say phones with gps can, two reasons.
1. there was a parts house next to my old building, and they a bunch of salespeople and runners on the road all the time and they could pull up locations of them on their phones.

2. and there use to be some sale pitches for peoples children's phones with gps to know where they were.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal
This expert is testifying that he can not tell you who was yelling, but someone who knows the individual would be able to tell you who was yelling.

Yes but that'll be convoluted as well. The mother wasn't involved with Martin and hadn't been for years. The step mother raised him but has been given the cold shoulder by the family and is rather put out. The fathers fiance (to be wife #3) has disappeared from the scene while Martins father and mother put on a united family front at the trial, so she might not be disposed towards ID'ing him. The father who knew him best but who didn't notice his son was missing until the next morning, already said it wasn't his son on the tape recording.

Honestly, I think this is some pretty pointless testimony.

Yes .. seriously long winded.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Thanks.

I am free as a bird today, so will be watching this trial and posting here.

One thing that bothers me... If Trayvon hit Zimmerman repeatedly, why was there no blood found on his hands?

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by dreams n chains
I don't think everyone may realize that TMs parents are not going to testify... that is why they are allowed in court and Zimmerman's is not.

Wasn't it covered at the beginning that because of the minor they can be present even if they are going to be witnesses.

Anyone remember that point?
edit on 7/1/2013 by roadgravel because: typo

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   

One thing that bothers me... If Trayvon hit Zimmerman repeatedly, why was there no blood found on his hands?

It's been established that Martin was on top and hammered Zimmerman. There was no blood on Martins hands and, even though it was raining and washed away a lot of the other evidence, Martins hands were protected under his body so if there had been blood on them, it would have stayed there.

I havent' ever gotten into a fist fight so I don't know if you can break someone else's nose and not get blood on yourself. I suppose you could ... but I just don't know.

There would be no reason for Martin to have blood on his hands from the back of the head wounds. That blood would be on he cement but it was raining so it washed away.

But the blood from the nose break? I just don't know how that would work ....

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

I think you're right. MANY commentators are talking about the parents testifying. Very possibly today.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Defense cross examination .... same witness ...
Bringing up bias in listening to the recordings.

Good blog question ... wondering if these people could pick out the voices and identify them if they were included in a blind study ... put the recording with voices of others and see if they can pick out the voice and ID it as the person in question.

Or do people just say 'that is zimmerman' or 'that is martin' because they are told it could be.

Kinda interesting idea. I wonder if that's done ......

top topics

<< 67  68  69    71  72  73 >>

join