It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Zimmerman Trial

page: 66
<< 63  64  65    67  68  69 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
@
MrWendal

Let me ask you a question. If your head is being bounced off a sidewalk, even though your injuries are superficial, wouldn't you be in fear for your life? Or are you superman?
edit on 30-6-2013 by dudeman351 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

I notice Mr Wendal that you didn't answer this. I have no need to answer anything else until you explain this.

Unlike yourself, I will not pretend to know what another individual was thinking. Perhaps you can explain to me how I am in any position to explain why Trayvon Martin ran? This is like asking me to explain why he bought a Watermelon Arizona Iced Tea. I have no idea, I can only speculate and assume.

Perhaps he ran because the girl on the phone told him to. Perhaps he ran cause he was being followed by a "creepy ass cracker". Perhaps he ran because he was scared. Maybe he ran because he wanted to avoid any possible confrontation. Maybe he ran cause he is a fan of Forest Gump and wanted to run. Fact is, there is no way I can answer this question with any degree of certainty.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

You avoided my question 3 times now.
If Trayvon wasn't scared (as you agreed with me that he likely wasn't considering he didn't go in his home and then confronted Zimmerman) then WHY did Martin run?

As for who hit first, and as I've shown a million times, all evidence suggests Martin hit first especially considering there is no evidence that Zimmerman ever hit Martin.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by riffraff

A big part is that doom and gloom is the bread and butter for the big news outlets. I would think they would try to let it just die down in order to save face otherwise it could hurt advertising. Were the individuals making the audio acting on their own or was there an atmosphere that supported less than honest reporting. Bonus for staff producing the best rated news pieces?

Once something like that is out, many people are influenced and will fail to change their thinking even it shown it was incorrect. It is hard to undue that damage.First impressions.

Even with a civil suit, I bet the real facts will never be released. Just another lesson about news reporting for those who pay attention to some degree.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Well you certainly have in other instances regarding Zimmerman. Just give it a guess. Using your brain you can come up with a possibility. If he wasn't scared, he still ran for a reason. You don't want to answer why because it will further support the defense.

And no, he didn't run at her suggestion he ran later. He ran like people run from cops, and most likely to do exactly what he did (get a better position on Zimmerman. He ran, waited, confronted and attacked. All one long action.
edit on 30-6-2013 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Perhaps he ran because the girl on the phone told him to. Perhaps he ran cause he was being followed by a "creepy ass cracker". Perhaps he ran because he was scared. Maybe he ran because he wanted to avoid any possible confrontation. Maybe he ran cause he is a fan of Forest Gump and wanted to run.

Maybe he ran to get a better tactical position. But as you state, we may not know the actual reason.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by dudeman351
@
MrWendal

Let me ask you a question. If your head is being bounced off a sidewalk, even though your injuries are superficial, wouldn't you be in fear for your life? Or are you superman?
edit on 30-6-2013 by dudeman351 because: (no reason given)

What makes you think my head has never been bounced off a sidewalk?

Am I Superman? Not at all.

Let me tell you what I do know......

I know that for a guy who was "losing consciousness", he had enough awareness to know to move his whole body off the sidewalk and into the grass (Zimmerman's own words from reenactment). For a guy who was "losing consciousness", he had enough awareness to know when someone was "reaching for his gun". For a guy who was "losing consciousness", he had enough awareness to know his jacket had ridden up and his gun was exposed.

I have to ask, have you ever lost consciousness? Have you ever been knocked out? Have you ever just been hit so hard you see stars? have you ever been hit so hard that you are "knocked silly"? If you answered yes to any of these questions, then ask yourself. How aware were you at that moment?

I don't disbelieve Zimmerman's entire account, I also do not believe every single word he has said. Much like the women who was on the phone with Trayvon. I do not disbelieve her entire account. I also do not believe every single word she has said either. I personally believe there are portions of truth is both accounts, just not the whole truth. What is the old saying? There are 3 sides to every story. My side, your side, then the truth.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

Because this is a conspiracy site I will throw an idea out there ; see if it sticks.
The National Broadcasting Channel (or NBC) is Washington DC's propaganda channel. I love some of their shows too: the event, the biggest loser, the revolution, SNL. But I think it's common knowledge someone in the White House calls up NBC producers regularly on the flashing red "batphone" and says "make it sound like this" or "give it a twist to make it look more like this".
NBC was the channel airing the doctored 911 calls.
Couple that with Obama throwing his two cents in(an unprofessional precedent)
Is the White House trying to start a race war? Is this an attempt to implement martial law indefinitely?
I know I'm going to extremes on this one, but this is a conspiracy site, what do you guys think

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Its sad to say, but the way things are going and the infringements to our rights the govt is blatantly trying to accomplish. It is very plausible. Now the question is will you defy tyranny? I know I will until I have no fight left in my cold body.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by dudeman351

There is not a more honorable way to die. If I can kill two traitors before they kill me, I will have died happy.
Don't tread on me
From my cold dead hands

edit on 30-6-2013 by riffraff because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   

As I have asked MrWendel twice now. If Trayvon wasn't scared then why did he run only to confront Zimmerman later? Why did he run if he wasn't afraid? What was the motivation? No one seems to want to answer that,

You avoided my question 3 times now.
If Trayvon wasn't scared (as you agreed with me that he likely wasn't considering he didn't go in his home and then confronted Zimmerman) then WHY did Martin run?

As for who hit first, and as I've shown a million times, all evidence suggests Martin hit first especially considering there is no evidence that Zimmerman ever hit Martin.

Ok first of all... NO ONE, especially myself has "avoided" your question. Since obviously I must explain myself to you- I actually left this thread to go to work. See, I have this thing called a job. It allows me to pay my bills, and keep my internet turned on so I can come to threads like this and argue with some one such as yourself who likes to pass things off as fact, when the reality is they are in no position to know what is fact or fiction. They can only speculate, which is exactly what you are doing.

Secondly, you are asking me a question I can not possibly know the answer to. I do not know Trayvon Martin. I know you better than I know Trayvon Martin cause at least you and I have exchanged words over the internet... but I don't know you either. I am in as much of a position to answer you're question as you would be if I asked you why I skipped breakfast this morning? Sure, you can speculate as to why I skipped breakfast, maybe I was late. Maybe I was not hungry. Maybe my food was cooked wrong and I just tossed it out. Maybe I just do not ever eat breakfast. Maybe I forgot. Guess what? You would be wrong on all counts. I skipped breakfast cause it was my break time at work and I decided to go smoke rather than eat.

I gave you a whole list of reason why Trayvon could have ran from Zimmerman. Would you like to see them again?

Originally posted by MrWendal
Perhaps he ran because the girl on the phone told him to. Perhaps he ran cause he was being followed by a "creepy ass cracker". Perhaps he ran because he was scared. Maybe he ran because he wanted to avoid any possible confrontation. Maybe he ran cause he is a fan of Forest Gump and wanted to run. Fact is, there is no way I can answer this question with any degree of certainty.

So stop pumping your ego up and pretending people are "avoiding" your questions. That is simply not the case.

Furthermore, regarding who hit whom first, you can not possibly know Trayvon hit George first. No one saw the first punch. You were not there. There is no evidence of who him whom first, there is only evidence that a fight took place.

You claim to have shown us all "a million times", then let's make it a million and one. What concrete, solid evidence do you possess that shows us all who threw the first punch? Do you have video? An eyewitness? A picture? Did you see it yourself?

Please, spare us all the typical nonsense about Zimmerman's bumps and bruises. Again, his injuries are not proof of who threw the first punch, it is evidence that a fight took place.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   

The more unsettled the population is, the more a police and government oversight can be deemed appropriate. Many people are willing to give up freedoms at just the hint of trouble headed their way. A fear filled populous plays into their hand.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   

To be honest there is an agenda.. whether it is more nefarious than grabbing ratigs I don't know. It does seem a little orchestrated though.

I am interested to see what happens when he goes free. I do think almost all the racist rhetoric is coming from African American communities when it comes to this case. There is no attempt to hide it. Give me a second and ill show you an article that will make you cringe. Things will happen, but will it go to riots? I don't know.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   

I think most people have a "thing called a job" that "you know, pays the bills" I'm at mine now. I called you out for nmot answering the question because you were still in the thread answering other posts at the time. So obviously you werennt gone to that job you were making snarky comments about.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   

To be honest there is an agenda.. whether it is more nefarious than grabbing ratigs I don't know. It does seem a little orchestrated though.

I am interested to see what happens when he goes free. I do think almost all the racist rhetoric is coming from African American communities when it comes to this case. There is no attempt to hide it. Give me a second and ill show you an article that will make you cringe. Things will happen, but will it go to riots? I don't know.

Here is that cringe worthy article.

Someone I WAS friends with on facebook, this poor sap that went to the Martin candle light vigil in our small town, posted that and talked like it was a piece of brilliant art. Now naturally I said she never would have been on the stand if she had told the truth from the start (I did say in her defense she was likely used by the Martin famil and their lawyer to sue the HOA and left out to dry in the criminal case). I noticed no one else commented or at least I didn't receive any notices. Now this friend and his friends all believe in white guilt (truly he has brought it up to me) and so hee blocked me for my comments. I imagine they have all been going on at lengths about me being a racist. But come on! That article is absurd. It compares rachel jeantel to Harriet Tubman! So, even though we weren't great friends, I was deleted and blocked for making comments against an article. Honestly I think people like that guy are the racists. I don't think anything about someone based on their skin, I would put more consideration into their clothes and demeanor, but that guy and his friends treat black people like they are handicapped and require kids gloves. White psuedo hippies are the last people anyone needs defending their honor.
edit on 30-6-2013 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Yeah that was like a train wreck. A pompous, disingenuine,melodramatic, self-serving trainwreck. I wanted to look away but I couldn't stop reading.
Khadijah White is just trying to secure a Pulitzer nomination.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   

I mean maybe I am a sociopath but I thought it was exactly as you say melodramatic, but i'd add piece of trash after. If stuff like that gets pulitzers, please kill me. The guy posted it with "powerful" over the link and the girl that deleted me said she was crying and quoted the part where it lists soujourner and tubman. I mean how f'n stupid are these people? It's like opposite day. They can't admit any faults. I guess you can't help but sound racist when this is the direction.

I don't know, I can't articulate. It's just uncompromising bull#.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   

You didn't understand. His use of the word black doesn't prove he is racist or not racist. No one is implying that (well pro trayvon supporters seem to think his saying "black" has some implication only they can sense).

Apparently you didn't understand. Reread my paragraph and try to get to grips with it. Because you have literally just restated its premise.

The reason we presume he is not racist is because he has black ancestry (his great grandmother I think)

So you think that anyone can be racist towards anyone else - and that this identifies Martin as a racist for using the term cracker - but you enlist the fact that Zimmerman has some mixed-race ancestry to imply he can't be racist?

You realise how stupid that is, right?

Zimmerman has never said or done anything that would make one assume he is racist against black people.

He's shot one though. One might at least examine the potential for prejudice within that context.

The rest of your comments were just deflection or ignoring the points made. You were shown to be wrong and you couldn't admit to it.

I'm not wrong. I'm discussing this with people for whom simplicities and bromides are easier to swallow than the intricacies of my argument (which frankly isn't that intricate but still goes whooshing over plenty of heads here). Partly because they prop up their world view, and partly because, to be brutally honest, they aren't sophisticated thinkers. Take for example your inability to actually answer my points. Do you actually think that's redolent of someone who is in the right?

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

My god .. are you still on that?
Dude .. black people can be racist and/or bigoted.
Hate is hate. Just deal with that REALITY already Geeeeze ....

True. But then why do Gogovicmorrow and LadyGreenEyes say that Zimmerman's black heritage means he can't be racist?

You guys don't seem to have thought this through.

edit on 30-6-2013 by JuniorDisco because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   

I think most people have a "thing called a job" that "you know, pays the bills" I'm at mine now. I called you out for nmot answering the question because you were still in the thread answering other posts at the time. So obviously you werennt gone to that job you were making snarky comments about.

And yet here you are, ignoring the answer to your question.

If I was not at that job, why is it that your first time asking me your question appears on page 63 directly above my final post before I went to work? As you can clearly see for yourself on page 63, after the first time you ask your question, I post one time and then there are no further post until we began this current discussion, which by the time stamp you can see is clearly a span of 8-9 hours.

So what other post was I answering?

Answer: None.

So would you like to continue to stray off topic and ignore the responses and question asked of you or are you ready to continue our discussion/debate?

new topics

top topics

<< 63  64  65    67  68  69 >>

join