It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Zimmerman Trial

page: 62
<< 59  60  61    63  64  65 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by dudeman351
Here's an interesting little tidbit I found floating out there. It explains why thug life didn't have a criminal history even though he should have.

patdollard.com...

Was George aware of any of this information on the 26th Feb, 2012? Let me guess where you are going with this. Rachel Geantel was actually phoning Trayvon to put an order in for some bling, and the reason he took so long getting home was because he was casing the neighbourhood to try and accomodate his clients order, or something along those lines, amirite?

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by IvanAstikov

I'm not going anywhere with it. Just putting out facts that can establish a behavior pattern for thug life.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by dudeman351

I'm not going anywhere with it. Just putting out facts that can establish a behavior pattern for thug life.

You've not exactly established a pattern, have you? Or, more accurately, the blogger hasn't. All he's done is provided one instance where Trayvon MIGHT have been involved in a burglary. You'd need to have an unreasonably low opinion of a person you've never met, to believe that link was conclusive about anything. If Martin is to be suspected of being a burglar because he'd been found with a screwdriver and some cheap bling, shouldn't that mean we can fairly suspect George of being a murderer after him being found carrying a gun and with a dead body at his feet?
edit on 29-6-2013 by IvanAstikov because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by WonderBoi

I don't know why the person that made the thread is the least informed, but this whole incident happened in only a few minutes. He did put in a simple call to the police, I actually think the dispatch kept him on the phone a long time and asked him for a lot of info leading Zimmerman to look for Martin after he inexpliably ran. So maybe it's time to move past repeating the same questions over and over after we've answered them.

I'll even give you that Zimmerman is guilty of making a stupid decision, but not breaking any crimes. You said He's guilty of being stupid, believe that if you want, but he's not guilty of a crime.
edit on 29-6-2013 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Dude you need to take off those rose colored glasses and take a hard look at reality. Trayvon Martin was a thug that was involved in illegal activities and drugs. Face it he was a felon in the making. Its a good thing he was taken off the streets before he actually killed someone. Yes George Zimmerman wasn't squeaky clean, but he passed a NICS background check to buy his PF-9. Plus he passed an FDLE background check and a finger print check with the FBI to get his CCL. They don't give concealed carry licenses to criminals. Did Trayvon pass a background check for his SW40VE? No his mother made a straw purchase for him being he was under 18 and couldn't purchase one himself. Now ask yourself what was a 17 yo going to do with a .40 S&W pistol? My feelings are it was not going to be legal. Plus his mother should be investigated by the ATF for said straw purchase. If it wasn't for police corruption, thug life would have a felony on his record and not legally able to posses a firearm or ammo, not that it would have mattered to him much.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Sigh.. again ot understanding the importance of information. Zimmerman would't know of course, but it creates basis for the possibility that Trayvon could be casing the area and could be acting very suspicious. That is undeiable, it helps pait a real picture of him rather than the media perpetuated one, and that he is capable of being suspicious. He probably wasn't skipping home, with a hoop ad a stick right?

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   

The pattern is created and an image takes shape when you add all of Martin's information. Saying blogger doesn't mean that blogger isn't reporting facts. We KNOW from his school he was in trouble in multiple instances. One inncluded burglary tools and jewelry, the one that got him suspended involved drug residue on a bag (that's the one that ended him up in Sanford Fla), then there are reports of assaults, there were Zimmermans own texts where he sent pictures of drugs and guns, and texts where his friends discuss his excessive propensity for fighting. It established a pattern that was likely repeated the night he died.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by dudeman351

Wow, I didn't know about the straw purchase, just texts he sent of gun pics. I have to say I don't disagree. Think of all the people who jumped because he loved to fight (apparently a bus driver once). I run across Trayvon Martins all the time going out to the bars, guys that look for any reason to fight no matter how you try to ignore them. With a gun and the track he was heading he was going to continue to hurt people and very possibly kill someone.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Its just one of the things that was suppressed by the media in order to vilify George Zimmerman. I hope the prosecution opens the can of worms known as innocent little angel trayvon's past so the defense can put out there what he was really like and establish the need for Zimmerman to defend himself and cull the thug.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
It looks like the law states as long as his mom gave it to him and it was unloaded and at home, it would be OK in Florida

790.17 Furnishing weapons to minors under 18 years of age or persons of unsound mind and furnishing firearms to minors under 18 years of age prohibited.—
(1) A person who sells, hires, barters, lends, transfers, or gives any minor under 18 years of age any dirk, electric weapon or device, or other weapon, other than an ordinary pocketknife, without permission of the minor’s parent or guardian, or sells, hires, barters, lends, transfers, or gives to any person of unsound mind an electric weapon or device or any dangerous weapon, other than an ordinary pocketknife, commits a misdemeanor of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.

(3) A minor under 18 years of age may not possess a firearm, other than an unloaded firearm at his or her home, unless:
(a) The minor is engaged in a lawful hunting activity and is:
1. At least 16 years of age; or
2. Under 16 years of age and supervised by an adult.
(b) The minor is engaged in a lawful marksmanship competition or practice or other lawful recreational shooting activity and is:
1. At least 16 years of age; or
2. Under 16 years of age and supervised by an adult who is acting with the consent of the minor’s parent or guardian.
(c) The firearm is unloaded and is being transported by the minor directly to or from an event authorized in paragraph (a) or paragraph (b).
(4)(a) Any parent or guardian of a minor, or other adult responsible for the welfare of a minor, who knowingly and willfully permits the minor to possess a firearm in violation of subsection (3) commits a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.

Link

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

That is true, but my guess is it wouldn't have stayed at home. He had a good start to being a career criminal. Plus with his propensity to violence his mental state could be brought into question.
edit on 29-6-2013 by dudeman351 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Maybe so.

Bet it would be difficult for a teenager to have a fancy hand gun and no ammo to load in it or not take it out to show to the boys.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   

If that's true, that's super f'ed up. Minors have no reason to possess a handgun. That is the one gun law I am ok with. If this is fact the mother should be charged.

Ok. Looked it up myself. It's f'd up. He also had pictures of an illegal plant he was growing. And pictures of him smoking the illegal substance. And pictures of him holding his 40cal. I know you guys are rooting for the black guy because no one wants to look like a racist. But at some point you gotta call a sp.... Well you gotta face the facts... Martin was another troubled, lost thug wannabe and it is well within the realm of probability that he attacked Zimmerman.
edit on 29-6-2013 by riffraff because: (no reason given)

I'm not saying he did. I'm saying I wouldn't argue that he didn't

Ok I see its legal in FL for a parent to buy their kids a handgun as long as its always unloaded and always in the house. What a rediculous law. Why spend 500$ on a paperweight you can't take outside?

The picture of his pistol has a fully loaded magazine on the table, and looking at the position of the trigger it appears the gun is loaded too.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I am not particularly in favor of teenagers possessing hand guns.

As far as the trial, the outcome should be based on the evidence.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I am not in favor of minors possessing handguns either however in fairness I have some pictures of my youth with handguns as well and there were occasions when I took my friends target shooting but at the same time I had a upbringing with them my father even taught me demolitions at 15. I am just not ready to jump to any conclusions over a picture.

However in fairness at that age if I was dumb enough to jump an elder like he did and wound up dead then I wouldn’t expect anyone to blame the guy for defending himself. Luckily I was taught by my parents to not be so stupid.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

Looks illegal to me? I mean you can get away with it as long as they live with you, but he can't carry it or have it alone. You have to be 21 to possess a handgun.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

In Florida you can posses and transport a handgun at 18. You can also buy from a private individual. But to carry or buy from an FFL you have to be 21.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by riffraff

Are those pictures available online? If so can you post them here.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   
This case would be so much more interesting if Zim had defended himself with a knife.

I am not saying it would have been better or worse as far as outcome but just think how the trial would be different.

new topics

top topics

<< 59  60  61    63  64  65 >>

join