It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Zimmerman Trial

page: 60
<< 57  58  59    61  62  63 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

I answered to show that there were many answers that made since before jumping to assaut. If he would've asked I bet Zimmerman would have talked and Trayvon could say "I'm staying with my dad who lives here" and he'd still be alive. If you assaulted the person and continued beating them the person would be justified in defending themselves with deadly force.

He may have said yes to the question are you following but saying following close behind as if he remained in visual conact is a fantasy situation.
edit on 29-6-2013 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

Actually it is.. if a cop did anything like arrest or assault you following them for a short bit (as long as it's not repeatedly as it would then be stalking) he could be prosecuted.

Also I would like to point out the great irony of this thread in the fact that you are a ron paul supporter that doesn't support an individuals rights. I can guarantee you Paul and I would be in agreement on this case.

Seems like the only individual rights you are interested in are those that allow gun owners to shoot people when it's convenient, without a big fuss being raised. If I'm off base here, I'm sure you correct me.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   

reply to post by olaru12

I am invested because I have a huge problem with this new fad of trial by media. I wish people like Nancy grace were locked up. They take cases and turn the country (apparently most of which are brainless) and turn them against a defendent before they hit trial. They polluute the jury pool and subvert justice. So I insist on being vocal if it helps at all.

Yeah you do have a point. Nancy talking about the internal safety proved she had no idea in the world what she was talking about. Telling millions what think. I wonder if she ever has a clue what she is talking about (i dont watch)If she's always as ignorant about her subjects, she should be forced to retire.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Speaking to zimmerman would have been the civil thing to do and it would have been resolved right there. But trayvon had to go into thug mode and sealed his fate. Zimmerman was not acting in an aggressive way by following, he was acting like a concerned resident in a neighborhood with a crime problem.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by IvanAstikov

Well you do seem in a constant state of needing to be corrected. It's defending the guys right to defend himself. Has nothing to do with gun owners or gun issues.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by riffraff

Watch her for one episode. If you don't curse at your t.v. out loud once then I owe you a coke. She is an idiot.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   

It's funny how people are questioning whether Martin actually feared for his life since he supposedly didn't just run home (because clearly he wasn't initially trying to mind his business and go about his way that night right?). People have different reactions when they are in fear, for me personally if somebody was a threat and was harassing me, my natural instinct would be to stand my ground and question them and this is what actually happened one night, A pair of goons began harassing myself and a friend on our way from a bar one night, I feared for my life but I didn't walk away, my natural instinct told me to stand my ground. What's more, I didn't start the physical confrontation. My natural instinct was not to run away when myself and my friend were harassed. There's no one natural reaction to being in fear.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Sigh.. Zimmerman didn't start the fight Martin did. Done with our line of conversation.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

Uh.. yes all the evidence, physical, witness, and circumstantial indicates Martin started the fight. He wasn't technically following Martin. He was looking for him. It's hard to follow someone when you don't know where they went or where they are. So he started following him, lost him, and then was jumped while returning to his truck (again no longer following), which he was never told NOT to do btw. Listen to the tape.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   

He didn't stand his ground though, and he didn't run home. He successfully escaped, but rather than being done with the situation he got an advantage with the element of surprise and confronted Zimmerman. I bet if you could have run home during your incident and knew there was no chance the goons could catch you you would have right? Well you might not admit to it since you're alive and it would be agreeing with me.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by IvanAstikov

Originally posted by Grimpachi

I think that is a fair question and they may explore that at the trial however the states star witness seemed to describe an angry teen not a frightened one.

Because he called George a "creepy-ass cracker"? So, what does that make George with his "#inh punks" and "assholes" comments about someone he'd never interacted with before in his life?

Originally posted by Grimpachi
If he was so frightened why didn’t he go home, call the police or get his dad.

For starters, he knew his dad was out at that time, and I'm sure he wouldn't have wanted to risk leading Zimmerman right to his temporary home when he had no idea what his problem was yet. As for phoning the police, maybe if Florida leo's were a bit more approachable to black male teens, he might have considered that, but like most people who live in the real world know, sometimes phoning the police can land you in far more trouble than not phoning them, particularly if you belong to certain demographics.

Well actually I was talking about how his friend told him to go home and he could have. BTW how do you know his dad wasn’t home this is the first I have heard that.

Still he lost him then went back that has been confirmed by both sides. TMartin didn’t see Zim anymore then spotted him Zim defiantly lost sight of TMartin as the 911 call shows. There was an ample break in the phone call Martin had with his friend. The big thing there has been that Martin had ample time to go home but he chose to confront Zim. 2 minutes or 2 hours that shows contact was broken and the pursuer became the perused. The prosecution will have an impossible time proving Martin was in fear because his actions and language dictate different.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by riffraff
Just an observation: it seems some people think that if you take self-defense lessons you'll never lose a fight.

I've a feeling I'm one of those people you are referring to, so let's clear this up. I am not claiming that ANY amount of training makes you invincible, I'm saying that some training is better than none at all. If George has had any experience of full contact sparring, where you finally learn if you've really got what it takes to be hit hard and come back firing, or fight through the pain barrier, don't you think it is a relevant fact the jury deserves to know?

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

You keep saying "he lost him" as if Trayvon had slipped into the Twilight Zone. All he'd done was gone behind some houses.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   

I don't think he had done that really. But sure bring it in. In a statement his trainer referred to Zimmerman as soft.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Uh.. yes all the evidence, physical, witness, and circumstantial indicates Martin started the fight.

Circumstantial you say? Physical evidence you say? Witnesses you say? There's apparently ample evidence, you just can't seem to point to what these are eh? It's also fairly evident to anybody actually paying attention to this case that none of the witnesses had claimed that they saw Trayvon initiate the fight, only that there was one and that Zimmerman was getting his ass handed to him.

You keep on pretending this evidence exists, it doesn't change the actual facts of the case at hand.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   

That's the point of losing someone right? Just because he didn't go to the mean doesn't mean Zimmerman had any more clue. He could've run straight out of the neighborhood or into any house. What's the point of what you are saying. Zimmerman still lost track of him and was returning to his truck. Familiarize yourself with the map.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   

I can, but we are talking about the trial so if I said everyone just jumps and repeats "hasn't been submitted" so I just figure you can see it when everyone else does. A good place to start for a sample would be the fact Trayvon was the first one to make contact in both stories, but the only one with damage to his knuckles indicating he was the only one that threw a punch that landed. That is evidence, but there is more. Of course even if not enough to prove first punch there is NONE to show Zimmerman made first contact or ever threw a punch, but plenty to show Martin was beating him from the top until he shot Martin.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by dudeman351

Speaking to zimmerman would have been the civil thing to do and it would have been resolved right there. But trayvon had to go into thug mode and sealed his fate. Zimmerman was not acting in an aggressive way by following, he was acting like a concerned resident in a neighborhood with a crime problem.

Erm... George admits that Trayvon spoke to him before the physical altercation began, not that Trayvon lay in wait and attacked him completely without warning, and he also says Trayvon asked him a question. This matches what the girl talking on the phone to Trayvon shortly before he died says, but there's competing versions of the actual question. In one, George answers a question with a question of his own, and in the other(George's own version), he tells a lie and says he didn't have any problem with Trayvon.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   

I don't think he had done that really. But sure bring it in. In a statement his trainer referred to Zimmerman as soft.

Hey, if you have a link to this information, I'll be happy to consider it's merits, but I'm not just going to accept your word. Sorry, but in this age of misinformation, it's never wise to accept everything you are told by random strangers.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   

The girls testimony wasn't reliable and obviously coerced to paint Martin in the best possible light. The kind of question we are discussing isn't the same as the one that was in reality asked which was Trayvon's rhetorical "do you have a problem?" And a quick and subsequent "you do now" punctuated with a blast to Zimmerman's nose.

new topics

top topics

<< 57  58  59    61  62  63 >>

join