It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Zimmerman Trial

page: 56
<< 53  54  55    57  58  59 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by IvanAstikov

Oh I would say with that much adrenaline and being beaten you could easily forget you had a gun.

Was he full of adrenaline when he left the safety of his vehicle? What is the point of having a concealed weapon permit if you are going to forget you are carrying it while following the trail of a suspicious person who has entered an unlit area? What George wants the jury to believe is that he did not realise he had a gun on him until Trayvon went for it, and that then, despite being beaten without any resistance up until that moment, everything suddenly went in his favour. It might fly in a Tom Cruise movie, but this is real life we are dealing with, not George's fantasy world.

As for how he was able to get to it? Simple. Trayvons focus was Zimmermans head and if he wasn't holding arms down and Zimmerman was free to move them he would probably be more able to get his gun then get his hands in front of his face.

Sorry, but read George's statements. He didn't take Trayvon by surprise because Trayvon was too busy beating him, he says Trayvon stopped attacking him and tried to get his gun, and that he did some sort of wrist controlling move on Trayvon and was able to draw it, aim it carefully to avoid his own hand, then fire a bullet into the one place it was guaranteed to kill Trayvon instantly. All after supposedly being beaten almost senseless. Real victims rarely get that lucky, and I have no good reason to believe it happened here.
edit on 29-6-2013 by IvanAstikov because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by WonderBoi
The "killed him in self-defense" argument is hilarious.
It's about as hilarious, as the people here who speak, like they were at the crime scene.

It's pretty much been established by eyewitness accounts and the forensics that Zimmerman did indeed shoot in self defense. And the people here are speaking based upon the evidence given at the trial. Have you been watching the trial at all? THat's what this thread is about ... the Zimmerman Trial. That's where the information is coming from to discuss on this thread.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by WonderBoi
The "killed him in self-defense" argument is hilarious.
It's about as hilarious, as the people here who speak, like they were at the crime scene.

It's pretty much been established by eyewitness accounts and the forensics that Zimmerman did indeed shoot in self defense. And the people here are speaking based upon the evidence given at the trial. Have you been watching the trial at all? THat's what this thread is about ... the Zimmerman Trial. That's where the information is coming from to discuss on this thread.

It's far from established. Seeing as you've been watching the trial, tell us when the prosecution's forensic expert was on the stand?

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by IvanAstikov
It's far from established. Seeing as you've been watching the trial, tell us when the prosecution's forensic expert was on the stand?

Shooting forensics hasn't been on yet. The eyewitness' to the fight say that Martin was on top and was beating the heck out of Zimmerman who was on the bottom. The forensics of that part of the fight have been shown. Zimemrman was beaten up so much that his own neighbor couldn't identify him at the scene. So yes, it's been established that the shooting was in self defense. Heck .. even the Martin cheerleading squad at MSNBC are now saying that. What hasn't been presented is the bullet with it's trajectory along with the coroner stating that the single bullet shot killed Martin.

I dont' know if the trial will take place today (Saturday) or not.
I'm looking to see ....

ETA .. okay I just looked. No trail until Monday. Sometimes they'll go over the weekend to speed things along. But not with this one. Resumes Monday morning ....
edit on 6/29/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Shooting forensics hasn't been on yet.

I knew that.

The eyewitness' to the fight say that Martin was on top and was beating the heck out of Zimmerman who was on the bottom.

ONE witness says he saw them on the floor together struggling and was not certain he saw any blows being landed at any point during the short period he was an observer. Another witness says they saw 2 people stood struggling near the spot where Trayvon's body ended up, which totally contradicts George's account of being knocked down with a sucker punch and then immediately mounted and ground and pounded.

The forensics of that part of the fight have been shown.

They've shown he had a few minor injuries that needed no further treatment after his encounter. The kind of injuries he could be expected to get any day in a full contact sparring session, only he wouldn't be allowed to carry a gun on his hip in such circumstances, fortunately, as who knows what George might have done had he feared serious injury?

Zimemrman was beaten up so much that his own neighbor couldn't identify him at the scene.

That just suggests she didn't know him too well, as he wasn't beaten up that badly.

So yes, it's been established that the shooting was in self defense. Heck .. even the Martin cheerleading squad at MSNBC are now saying that. What hasn't been presented is the bullet with it's trajectory along with the coroner stating that the single bullet shot killed Martin.

I thought we'd all agreed the msm were agenda-driven scumbags and not worth listening to on these matters?

I dont' know if the trial will take place today (Saturday) or not.
I'm looking to see ....

edit on 6/29/2013 by FlyersFan because: spelling

They're off for the weekend now.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   
what the MSM are carrying ...

FOX - Is the Prosecution Still In The Game?
Pretty good information from both the defense and prosecution sides.

CNN carried this
CNN has taken to 'just the facts' and doesn't have talking heads or commentary at this point.
This is the transcript linked at CNN from when Zimmermans P.A. was on the stand

MSNBC - Witness to Zimmerman Martin Tussle Says He saw Punches Being Thrown
MSNBC has it in small letters, kind of hidden. And they don't state in the title of the article that it was Martin on top with the punches. They also refer to Martin as the 'unarmed teen'. Zimmerman has a lawsuit against NBC because of their selective editing against him ...

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Don't forget the president ignorantly thrusting himself into the debate. The first black president takes a side on a tense racial issue before the facts are out. A president that a lot of black people percieve as some sort of savior saying if he had a son he'd look like Trayvon? Ever see the crazy things people will do to impress or get the attention of someone they are obsessed with? It didn't go so well for Reagan.
Also there were cases of black people jumping white people and. Shouting about Trayvon. An instance where a class "flash mobbed" a store in his name and stole rushing in and out. Aswell as other things. That's not racist, it's not representative of all black people, but it happened and will happen again. Not saying there will be riots, but things wil happen.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   

I knew that.

YOU asked me if forensics had been on yet. So I answered.

That just suggests she didn't know him too well, as he wasn't beaten up that badly.

No. It means he was beaten up to a point that she couldn't recognize him. And your accounts of what the witness' saw is wrong. It doesn't match the sworn court testimony.

I thought we'd all agreed the msm were agenda-driven scumbags and not worth listening to on these matters?

Sure. I just find it interesting that the pro-martin agenda driven scumbags at MSNBC have even been saying that it's obvious that it was self defense. And considering that Zimmerman has a lawsuit against them for the crap they pulled on him .... that's pretty significant. Even they, with all their agenda and spin, can't realistically deny it was self defense.

Dude .. you are on the titanic. Just admit that you booked passage on a clunker and get in the life boat. There is no shame in admitting you were wrong. The S.S. Prosecution is sinking .. and with good reason. It hit the iceberg called 'TRUTH'.

edit on 6/29/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   

You aren't ignorant, you have to be smart enough to understand that he was trying to watch the guy while onn the phone with the dispatch and stopped when he was getting off the phone. Also you can figure he was aware of his gun but could forget for a moment in the rapid series of events when he was attacked. You have a brain I don't have to walk you through it. At least I wouldn't if your bias didn't make you seek out the wrong end of every answer or just suppress common sense as to create an unneccesary.question.

As for the chance he got.. if he was beating zimmerman and saw the gun then he would likely stop hitting giving zimmerman that opportunity.
edit on 29-6-2013 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Don't forget the president ignorantly thrusting himself into the debate.

I thought about that yesterday.
I'm wondering what other stupid thing he's going to say when Zimmerman isn't found guilty of murder.

The first black president takes a side on a tense racial issue before the facts are out.

Just like he did with the Boston thing. Remember that beer summit?

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Don't forget the president ignorantly thrusting himself into the debate. The first black president takes a side on a tense racial issue before the facts are out. A president that a lot of black people percieve as some sort of savior saying if he had a son he'd look like Trayvon? Ever see the crazy things people will do to impress or get the attention of someone they are obsessed with? It didn't go so well for Reagan.

I have to admit, I was wondering when Obama would be assigned some of the blame for this event. Why don't you throw in that Trayvon might have been a secret love-child and that was the hidden meaning behind his "If I had a son, he'd look something like Trayvon Martin"?

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Oh.. I am super excited for the forensics. I will have a blast in here. Of course forensics have already been done that prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that Martin was on top, but the prosecution will probably be able to get a nice paid expert to say what they want, but the facts will still shine through.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Oh so he didn't make those remarks? Is he not responsible for any effect those remarks might have? You don't think it was ignorant to take a side on a volatile racial issue before knowing the facts?

As for the love child remark. Why would I make an absurd suggestion like that? Why would you even say that? Do you think those kinds of things enhance your argument or make you look particularly intelligent? I mean you might get a pat on the back from some of the other people here that would rather make absurd remarks than actual standing argument, but really what's that worth?

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   

I have to admit, I was wondering when Obama would be assigned some of the blame for this event.

Blame him for what? For helping to hype this case up and make it racial? Sure. He put his hat in the ring on that when he started blabbing that Martin looked like him. Obama, in the position he's in, should have known better than to air his bias like that and to inflame the situation.

Why don't you throw in that Trayvon might have been a secret love-child and that was the hidden meaning behind his "If I had a son, he'd look something like Trayvon Martin"?

Straw Man Absurdum Deflection attempted and failed. Noted.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   

You aren't ignorant, you have to be smart enough to understand that he was trying to watch the guy while onn the phone with the dispatch and stopped when he was getting off the phone. Also you can figure he was aware of his gun but could forget for a moment in the rapid series of events when he was attacked. You have a brain I don't have to walk you through it. At least I wouldn't if your bias didn't make you seek out the wrong end of every answer or just suppress common sense as to create an unneccesary.question.

I don't have a clue what he was trying to do, as his actions from start to finish were so dumb, I can't relate to them. First off, if I'd been going to the store and seen a suspicious guy outside my mate's house, knowing he'd nearly been burgled a week previously, I would not have drove straight past him and parked where I could no longer see him, at the clubhouse. I'd have wound my window down and asked him if he was lost, or visiting someone, or something. His response would then decide whether I felt the issue needed to be addressed any further.

But, supposing I had been dumb enough not to come up with such a simple idea, and had drove ahead, somehow knowing that he was going to come walking right by again, and I had already phoned the police nen contact #, after I'd let him pass me and then slowly drove behind him in my vehicle, when he started running to the T, had I REALLY just wanted to keep an eye on him, I'd have sped to the first cut-through heading away from the T and waited to see if he came past. On a wet and windy night, the last thing I'd want to be doing is strolling around in the dark looking for someone when the police were on their way and I'd had a good look at him.

As for the chance he got.. if he was beating zimmerman and saw the gun then he would likely stop hitting giving zimmerman that opportunity.

How do you suppose he saw the gun while he was concentrating on Zimmerman's head, in such a dark location? And, even pretending he did see it before George had remembered it was there, considering how much success he was having with his mma-style beatdown, why wouldn't he have intensified his efforts just to make sure Zimmerman had no fancy ideas? Why would he give up such an advantage to try and grab a weapon his opponent hadn't even tried getting to?

ps. My response to the Obama reference was a mis-step. I should not have encouraged any attempt to bring his name into the discussion, and will ignore any future mentions in this thread..

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   

He sat watching Martin, Martin started staring at him, started to approach and then took off running.

As for how do I suppose Martin saw the gun if he was focusing on Zimmerman's head, how do you suppose he didn't? Is it impossible that he looked down? Is anything impossible? There is nothing improbable about zimmerman's story.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   

He sat watching Martin, Martin started staring at him, started to approach and then took off running.

Would you mind giving details of where you think each of these things took place, then we can discuss their likelihood better?

As for how do I suppose Martin saw the gun if he was focusing on Zimmerman's head, how do you suppose he didn't? Is it impossible that he looked down? Is anything impossible? There is nothing improbable about zimmerman's story.

Keep ignoring that mma training of George's. It's going to bite his fat ass and make your protestations look silly.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   
If only Zimmerman had rolled down the window, Pointed the gun at Tre and told him to "get the F out of Dodge" all this would would have been avoided.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Just an observation: it seems some people think that if you take self-defense lessons you'll never lose a fight.
Nothing in fighting is guaranteed. Every dog has his day, and some people just get plain lucky. That's real life.
Brute force isn't everything. Speed and agility are a big part of the equation. Martin was 12 years younger, and much lighter. I would take a wild guess that he was faster, more agile, and had more stamina the Zimmerman.

Does anyone remember when big, bad Kimbo Slice got KO'd in seconds by that tiny white dude with pink hair, ending Kimbo's career. Can someone post a link to that? I'm not savvy, and I think it has relevance to my every dog has his day thesis

edit on 29-6-2013 by riffraff because: Found the fight, tried to post link but failed

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   

I hope Zimmerman takes every one of the announcers on MSNBC to court and sue them Jointly and severally along with all the producers. There is no one more racist than Shapton, Jackson, Maddow, and the joker trying to con Americans out of money to put desks in mud huts in Africa (McDonald). I think Zimmerman has a big payday coming in court. Someone on here brought up the fact that there will be no Civil Suit in Florida, like OJ et.al. faced because Florida Law bans such suits after exoneration for a crime.

I think that the lawyer for Martin's who tried to introduce racism into the mix at the interview of the illiterate black girl friend of Martin, he should be disbarred. I am sure he was a willing participant and was pushed to exploit the situation by the NAACP and the drones who now occupy that dead organization.

The racism bird would not fly, and of course Sharpton and all the other black racists kinda shut their mouths after they found that Zimmerman (in spite of his german namel) was in fact latino. No . . . George was harmed by these commentators including dumb ass Jeraldo on Fox who always believes the minority provocateur is always innocent. I wonder why our prisons are 80% occupied by black or minority inmates. I am sure that no one will be harmed with they walk through South LA, or the South side of Chicago, or through the streets of Detroit, I mean . . . we all know that it is the middle class that comprise the gangs in those cities who prey upon poor working people in those areas.

The blacks are FOS, and of course Martins mother at the trial who did not raise him is just for theatrics. Go get'um George. Adios Amigos. John

<< 53  54  55    57  58  59 >>

join