It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Zimmerman Trial

page: 47
<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by dudeman351
reply to post by IvanAstikov

Just because he had the training doesn't mean he had the ability to use it effectively.
Since when do people take lessons and not use what they learned? Sure, i'm going to train for something that i'll never use effectively. Not sure why the Military even bothers with "basic training". The soldiers will never use the training effectively.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
In the military we trained in hand to hand but it takes a long time before it become muscle memory you will not develop it in basic alone it is up to you to stay proficient. It is also one thing to be taken by surprise and going into a situation ready for such a thing. Mindset plays a huge role in ones preparedness for such an instance.

If I am clearing a building I am mentally prepared for all confrontations if I am just walking in a building if I was sucker punched it would take me back quite a bit.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Just because he had the training doesn't mean he had the ability to use it effectively.

True. But wouldn't you like to know for sure before you accept that he got rag-dolled by a 40lb lighter opponent?

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by IvanAstikov
So, now we know. George was involved with mixed martial arts 3 days a week. I wonder how much training Trayvon had?
edit on 28-6-2013 by IvanAstikov because: (no reason given)

didn't you hear her say he went for diet and excise and because of sleep problems.
not to learn how to fight.

and just 18 lessons doesn't make you a mma champion.
tryvon was a football player, you half to be in pretty good shape to play ball.
and to look at the two, tryvon in the pictures might have been lean, but he was pretty damn well defined.
zimmerman looks pretty dumpy in all pictures and video that i seen.

and she just said that zimmerman was obese.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   

True. But wouldn't you like to know for sure before you accept that he got rag-dolled by a 40lb lighter opponent?

I know in my instance, I could have all the training in the world. But as bad as my back is I couldn't use it. Hence why I carry a firearm at all times.

remember: God created man. Sam Colt made them equal.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   

I know in my instance, I could have all the training in the world. But as bad as my back is I couldn't use it. Hence why I carry a firearm at all times.

remember: God created man. Sam Colt made them equal.
Noooooooooow i get it. You're afraid they're gonna take your guns. God also said: "Thou shall not kill". But hey, let's not get religious. This is about guns. lol

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by hounddoghowlie

So, now we know. George was involved with mixed martial arts 3 days a week. I wonder how much training Trayvon had?

didn't you hear her say he went for diet and excise and because of sleep problems.

and to look at the two, tryvon in the pictures might have been lean, but he was pretty damn well defined.

OBESE? hahahahahaha Excuses, excuses, excuses. Zimmerman HARDLY looks "obese". The defense team has WEAK arguments. And i'm not talking Zimmerman's defense team. lmfao

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by WonderBoi

Nobody is going to take my guns. I will fight to the death to defend My God given rights, and the Constitution of the once great United states. And I can guaranty there are millions of others in this country who feel the same. Especially in the illegally occupied South. And the correct translation is thou shalt not murder.
edit on 28-6-2013 by dudeman351 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Mindset, preparedness really comes into play. The element of surprise is talked about in all instances of combat…WHY…. Because it is so effective. If you can take your opponent by surprise whether it’s a fist fight or a firefight you have a huge advantage. The first blow is usually the most devastating and can determine the outcome. That isn’t speculation it’s a proven tactic.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi
Mindset, preparedness really comes into play. The element of surprise is talked about in all instances of combat…WHY…. Because it is so effective. If you can take your opponent by surprise whether it’s a fist fight or a firefight you have a huge advantage. The first blow is usually the most devastating and can determine the outcome. That isn’t speculation it’s a proven tactic.
The element of surprise might catch you off guard, but someone that has been trained will trigger that training during survival mode. We never forget what we've learned, no matter what it is that we learn.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by WonderBoi

OBESE? hahahahahaha Excuses, excuses, excuses. Zimmerman HARDLY looks "obese". The defense team has WEAK arguments. And i'm not talking Zimmerman's defense team. lmfao

the witness on the stand his physicians assistant, resonding to the prosecution questions said that. no defense witness said that. this is what has been happening all day the prosecution witnesses just keep on making the defenses case stronger.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
There's a lot of focus on George's injuries here, but do we know how hard he'd been sparring that week? He was 16mth into his training in a gym that trained full contact drills, so how do we know he didn't have any of those lighter injuries already?

ps. Does anyone know what Roy Nelson or Mark Hunt's BMI rating is? I'd like to see anyone call either of them "Fatty."

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   

but someone that has been trained will trigger that training during survival mode. We never forget what we've learned, no matter what it is that we learn.

That isn’t true at all. As I said it would come into play after it becomes muscle memory or instinctual. As I said before I avoid fighting because of that. It is now muscle memory with me. Up until then I had been in dozens of fights in fact ask any soldier (just about all) as soon as basic is over most will get into fights. They didn’t teach us to fist fight they taught us to kill. If what you said was true they wouldn’t let us on the streets. Fact is we got into bar fights mostly with each other and civvies sometimes. When your training becomes instinct you wise up and don’t fight or go to jail. There are so many moves that can kill easily it really is scary and I stopped myself just short of crushing some wind pipes but that was after 12 years of service and training up until then a fist fight was just a fist fight.

Now I did box in the military and that became muscle memory pretty fast but it wasn’t all that affective in a bar brawl past the first couple hits then grappling came into play which we as soldiers would usually do for fun truth is no real fight ever goes as planned there are no rules.

Rule in life if you want a fair fight find a ring the real world can be brutal.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   

ps. Does anyone know what Roy Nelson or Mark Hunt's BMI rating is? I'd like to see anyone call either of them "Fatty."

i don't have any idea who these guys are, i'm guessing that they are mma fighters, seeing how you keep on trying to push this failed argument.

if this is the case, comparing the bmi, of a regular joe blow who goes to the gym three days a week for maybe a couple of hours a day. compared to professional fighters that spend all day long training at least 5 days a week if not more is, like apple to oranges instead of apples and apples.
edit on 28-6-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   

You call that blood SOAKED? Looks photoshopped to me.

Oh stop it. The policeman who was first on the scene said that Zimmerman looked exactly like those pictures. Those pictures aren't photoshopped. :shk:

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi

That isn’t true at all. As I said it would come into play after it becomes muscle memory or instinctual. As I said before I avoid fighting because of that. It is now muscle memory with me. Up until then I had been in dozens of fights in fact ask any soldier (just about all) as soon as basic is over most will get into fights. They didn’t teach us to fist fight they taught us to kill.

So, seeing as you were always getting into fights, and you were all trained to kill, how come we aren't hearing about dead soldiers from fist fights every week?

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   

1st off....i started this thread; not sure how you think i'm "trolling".

Off topic posts are off topic posts. It doesn't matter who posts them ... even the person starting the thread. The title fo this thread is THe Zimmerman Trial. Obviously you haven't been watching the trial.

But, wasn't George stalking Trayvon? So, didn't Trayvon have the "right" to defend himself?

Martin did NOT have a right to assault Zimmerman. No one has a right to jump and beat on someone who hasn't touched them. It's against the law.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   

i don't have any idea who these guys are, i'm guessing that they are mma fighters, seeing how you keep on trying to push this failed argument.

if this is the case, comparing the bmi, of a regular joe blow who goes to the gym three days a week for maybe a couple of hours a day. compared to professional fighters that spend all day long training at least 5 days a week if not more is, like apple to oranges instead of apples and apples.
edit on 28-6-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

The point is, you don't need to have a specific body shape to be a good fighter. Different body shapes favour different kinds of fighters, and just because George had a BMI of 31, it doesn't mean he couldn't fight or defend himself properly.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   

I remember a point during any of these fights that I distinctly thought "This guy is trying to kill me!" I've always been too busy defending myself to be allowing thoughts to enter my head.

That's you. Different people think differently. And according to the law, if Zimmerman realistically thought his life was in danger he had every right to use lethal force to survive. Having his head bashed in by a very angry man who was sitting on top of him made him think his life was in danger. I would have thought the same thing.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   

You aren't a doctor. Different people have different thresh holds as far as staying awake or being knocked out. Your statement that he should have been knocked out is silly. You don't know.

Since when do people take lessons and not use what they learned?

Basic Training. I went to basic training but never went to combat.
Karate. My husband has a black belt and is an international champion.
He's never needed to use it in the street.

etc etc
edit on 6/28/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join