It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Zimmerman Trial

page: 307
<< 304  305  306    308 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I'm so nervous to watch..

I am emotionally vested in this....

I wish for an acquittal

link   

Originally posted by GrantedBail
reply to post by TDawgRex

Well my boys were still kids then and in their junior years of high school. I am sorry about your life, that is too bad. Today, kids are sheltered a lot more than we were when we were kids.

Don't feel bad for me. I learned a lot of great lessons in life. But I don't think Trayvon was that sheltered either.

From what has been put out about him he seems to me like any other teenage male with a chip on his shoulder. Never really thinking things through or the consequences of his actions. The "I'm invincible" attitude that many his age have. That probably played a role in the initial confrontation.

But then again, who knows? I wasn't there.

link   
reply to post by RickinVa

I don't know. I hope not. I think it's not guilty, but if it's manslaughter I think it will be overturned.

What worries me is that the jury doesn't know what kind of sentence manslaughter carries.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
the verdict is not guilty unanimously BAM justice was served
edit on 13-7-2013 by RalagaNarHallas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   
BOOOOOM!

The case that should have never been ends in a way that indicates it was a trial that should have never been.
edit on 13-7-2013 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

link   
Hot damn not guilty

link   
I am literally CRYING!!!!!!!

YES!!!!!!!!

link   
NOT GUILTY~~~

Omg

link   
Not guilty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

link   
Yes, Not guilty!

link   
And I'm done for the night!

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Fought an uphill battle and won. I am shocked. Great job Omara

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Wow!! Good on the jury!

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Can the State retry this case by Florida or Federal law? I have a feeling that the Martin's will be attempting a civil suit against him though. (Which I thought was already filed)

link   
very good verdict.... there was just way too much reasonable doubt IMO

link   

Originally posted by silo13
reply to post by DeadSeraph

Maybe you're missing my point.

Either the pictures that you posted naming them 'day after' photos are not in fact day after photos,

- OR -

When GZ testified his wife 'cleaned him up at home' he lied. Compounding the lie with he/they intentionally left the dried blood trails on the back of his head for a photo op the next day.

If he lied - he lied.

Whether or not he decided to leave the dried blood trails for a photo op? I’d like to know that too.

I'm only looking for clarification.

peace

The photos of the back of his head are from that night, taken by a crime scene tech. The blood-free face shot is from that same time. The shot with the blood was taken at the scene. Shots should have been taken at the scene of the back of his head as well, but they didn't take those.

link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Oh boy ... here we go ....

Investment Watch
Black Panthers Response to the Zimmerman trial -

“This time we’re doing it right… This time we’re not burning down our communities. This time we’re going out to Whitey’s suburbs and burning down HIS community. We’re going to make Whitey feel the pain.”

Let's hope they choose well armed neighborhoods.

Originally posted by silo13
reply to post by FlyersFan

On the second day she is the direct opposite, to the point that
the judge has to tell her to 'speak up' many times. I don't know if she was just playing
games or if she took a few valiums or what .... it was strange.

I'm only part way through her testimony in fact I was just noticing her 'change'. A very different attitude today.
I was thinking valium myself.

Oh well - there goes 'great' right down the tubes.

peace

Hope you didn't get that headache! Some of the later witnesses (at least through day four) are less painful. The one hysterical witness, though, be warned!

Originally posted by beatbox
Zimmerman was ready for action that night. People were breaking into homes in that community for a while. A week earlier he helped get some black kid arrested for stealing a laptop, even though "as*holes always get away".

Wrong. The person arrested was because some guys working in the neighborhood spotted him, NOT because of Zimmerman.

He also saw a black kid wearing a hoody walking in the rain talking on his phone and labeled him as one of the criminals terrorizing the community (Trayvon). He also called 911 for help, saw Trayvon "grab his waistband" (sign of firearm) while he was on the phone talking to the dispatcher and heard the dispatcher say to not follow Trayvon. He also seems to not like "fu*king punks" that "always get away" so he disregarded the dispatcher's advice in order to stalk Trayvon even further. Even when Trayvon turned the corner and was out of sight.

Wrong again. He was a guy walking ,and wasn't sure at first of the race. he confirmed that only when Martin approached his vehicle. The dispatcher admits that his TWO statements to let him know if the guy did anything, coupled with asking if Zimmerman could tell which way he ran, could be seen as a request to go look. When the dispatcher said he didn't need hm to follow, Z agreed, immediately. Martin was out of sight before Zimmerman exited his vehicle.

And on top of this, you have Zimmerman who has lied several times.Has a criminal record of assaulting police, resisting arrest and domestic violence. You have Zimmerman who has failed to get into the police force. You have a man with a violent history that has "something to prove".

That's three strikes. Zimmerman went to assist a friend when an cop NOT in uniform was apparently after him, and the case was not prosecuted. Had he actually struck a cop, that wouldn't happen, The DV thing was a mutual claim, and both sides were dropped. Get facts, if you want to bring up issues.

You also have Zimmerman with a bloody nose and 2 scratches on the back of his head that were supposedly put there by 26 impacts with concrete and a flurry of punches to the face. But you also have Trayvon with no damage besides a tiny scratch on his left ring finger and a straight bullet wound directly to the heart.

Where do you get a number for the head impacts? I have SEEN a fight when someone did that to another person, and the head looked a LOT like Zimmerman's. That Martin does NOT have fight injuries goes to proving he was, in fact, the aggressor, as ALL the evidence shows.

Originally posted by DeadSeraph
reply to post by beatbox

You seem to have a lot of insider "facts" there...

Like IvanAstikov said, those are "facts" some people refuse to acknowledge....
edit on 12-7-2013 by beatbox because: (no reason given)

No, those are suppositions with no basis in reality.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   
not guilty, i pray people will respect the outcome, although i think he should have been guilty of manslaughter i have to admit there simply was not enough hard evidence to convict him. good luck to george zimmerman and i just hope this verdict will not emboldened future wannabe cops to take the law into their own hands when no law was actually being broken.

link   
Not Guilty!

Well congratulations to the defense for making a great case. I know I seemed very convinced that he was guilty but in a way I'm kind of glad that the jurors gave the defendant the benefit of the doubt.

Glad this is all over with.

link   
Great verdict. The justice system worked (this time)
edit on 13-7-2013 by RUFFREADY because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 304  305  306    308 >>

join