It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Zimmerman Trial

page: 302
<< 299  300  301    303  304  305 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by RalagaNarHallas

They are on a dinner recess but the lawyers are on stand-by in case a more specific question comes back right away.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
what happens if the jurys question is what is the sentence for manslaughter? would the court be allowed to answer that or is that not allowed under Florida law?

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by RalagaNarHallas

I think they can. they can also recommend length of sentencing to the judge.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

WRONG AGAIN. It is back in the jury room with them.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

I won't swear by it, but I think sentencing is the discretion of the judge. However, there are mandatory minimums.

I know that there is a pre-sentencing evaluation, and then there are character witnesses, and victim impact statements. I am not sure what the jury's part is in that.
edit on 13-7-2013 by GrantedBail because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

i thought that minimum sentences would come into play if hes guilty of manslaughter like the gun enhancement charge so i dont think the jury has a say in sentence in that sense i mean they cant just request he do little time or less time the the minimum sentence or am i waay of base?

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrantedBail
reply to post by ButterCookie

The jury wants to understand the law regarding manslaughter. It really wasn't ever explained to them thoroughly. Only the 2nd degree murder charge. I think they are very intelligent and thoughtful and taking the process seriously.

You are right.

See, this is why this case reeks of mistrial, and I think mistrial elements have been cooking ever since the state realized that they didn't have a case.

rush the jury so that they don't really understand, and they feel it is a nice little compromise...

Hoping its at least Self-Defense or Manslaughter.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

that's not true, after reviewing the evidence lead investigator serino wanted to charge zimbo w manslaughter, exactly what i have felt he deserves all along

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Buttercookie: That is not correct. It was only right before closing arguments where the lessor included charge of manslaughter was included. The state tried to add also, a third degree murder charge of a minor which was rejected by the court.

If you listened to the arguments before the court you would have realized that because of a recent Florida Supreme Court ruling, the judge had no discretion and was mandated to include manslaughter.

link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

Thats why I was careful with my words. its up to the judge but the jury can recommend the length of the sentence.

link   
This judge should of NEVER had the authority to add extra charges against Zimmerman after the fact..

It is just unprecedented, and really a dishonor to our justice system.. So if things are not going the states way they can trump up extra charges that can be used against you like 3rd degree murder, manslaughter, and crimes against a child..>>?? This was suppose to be a 2nd degree murder case and since they knew that wasn't happening they throw more crap against the wall to try and get something to stick.. DISGUSTING this judge needs to be thrown in prison for undermining our justice system..
edit on 13-7-2013 by starfoxxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   

You are only going to get a mistrial if this jury is hung. If it is hung it will be days before you know that. This is our criminal justice system.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracy nut

that's not true, after reviewing the evidence lead investigator serino wanted to charge zimbo w manslaughter, exactly what i have felt he deserves all along

I suppose I stand corrected, then. Could you give me a link to this information? I'd like to read about it just for curiosity's sake.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by starfoxxx

She didn't add extra charges. Jeez people. A recent ruling by the Florida Supreme Court demands that lessor includeds must be in the charging document.

That was the argument. The judge had NO choice. She was mandated to do so.

Stop with the ignorance.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by starfoxxx

it is Florida law...

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracy nut

The penalty still the same though.

If it was 1-5 years ok maybe.

But thats only for the stupidity of getting out the truck when adviced not to.

Anymore is not right for a stupid mistake. Infact anything over 1 year is In my opinion too much.

But because of the meddaling of the Goverment and race baiters the Judge cant be trusted to hand out the right sentance.

Infact I would argue because of the disgracefull coverage of this case by MSM and interferance from the Goverment I would submitt it is impossible to have a fair trial in the first place and that he should walk just for the stupidity alone of those in charge. The only way he can get a fair trial is if the USA sent him to the UK were no one has ever heard of him and hire out a UK courtroom and UK Jury (I know that would never happen but would fix the problem) and then after send him back
or falling that try and wake up 6 coma patients that have never heard of him and put them on the jury

edit on 13-7-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

You don't think he had a fair trial?? He had the best defense attorneys money could buy in that state.

Usually people facing 2nd degree murder have to rely upon public pretenders who are paid for by the state and are required to pressure you into a plea agreement after the threat of spending the rest of your life behind bars. If you are innocent, well tough luck.

Zimmerman had a fair trial. Not everyone sees his actions in the same light as you.

On edit: ha ha ha, I wonder if a public defender would have access to the investigators, animators, and volunteer paralegals that Zimmerman had. He had three lawyers. For the love of all that is holy!!!

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   

OH I found out. They have some of it with them, but not all. If they want to hear audio or see video, that is what they must request. Makes better sense now.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   

You can't have a fair trial really, when the MSM was screaming for your head, releasing false evidence long before a jury was even selected and sequestered.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

That's cool. Yeah it is a complicated process. And, I believe they can come back into the courtroom and have portions of the testimony read back.

top topics

<< 299  300  301    303  304  305 >>

join