It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Zimmerman Trial

page: 301
<< 298  299  300    302  303  304 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

More than likely, they have disregarding and disagree with the self-defense argument.
edit on 13-7-2013 by GrantedBail because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
No verdict tonight. IMHO. The jury hasn't even had dinner.

The lawyers have to agree on a question to send back to the jury.
The question has to go back to the jury.
Then the jury has to re-send a question out saying what they need.
Then the court has to get them the information they need.
Then the jury has to think about it and talk about it ...

I said I thought this would come in on Sunday .. heck ... this might go all week at this rate.

I shouldn't whine ... the jury is making sure they get it right ... (I hope)

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
So far it goes like this.................The jury will have to be more specific with their inquiry...........so both sides are drawing up a note back to the jury to be clear on exactly what you want to know about............paint drying
edit on 13-7-2013 by Lysistrata because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
i think this decision is gonna help the defense as i see once they find out self defense negates manslaughter they have no choice but to vote not guilty as the state never disproved Zimmerman self defense claims

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
No matter what you personally think about this case, I feel this has been one big interesting thread. Appreciate everybody's comment.

Peace

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
It it almost a given it is manslaughter if it is not self defense.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

300+ pages and we haven't got the verdict yet.
I'm wondering what the longest thread here is and if this is in the running.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   

japan eq thread is at something like 1300+ pages so we arent close but its been a long decent thread

link   

Originally posted by GrantedBail
reply to post by sonnny1

Maybe their doubts are reasonable. Can they disagree with you and still be thoughtful and intelligent individuals??

The Pitchfork Mentality has taken hold of this case. Those that carry pitchforks, and those that carry buckets of Water to put out fires.

I don't see many intelligent individuals that care about justice, with this case.

link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
reply to post by RalagaNarHallas

The majority of talking head legal eagles on TV have said that this case should have been dropped and in fact it never should have been brought forward. No solid evidence and just a lot of appeal to emotions instead of facts.

Isn't that what happened in the first place? From what I understand, the police never charged Zimmerman because all the evidence backed up his claims. The only reason he was charged is because of the media frenzy that ensued and all the social backlash as a result of it.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by RalagaNarHallas

You are really insulting the intelligence of these 6 women. The jury instructions were very clear regarding manslaughter and how a justifiable use of force would negate a guilty finding.

That is not it. They need to know the law regarding manslaughter.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Yup!

Ats Threads of all time

Look at most All Time: discussed. (Scroll down a bit)

On topic. How is it so difficult to ask the jury. like.. Can you be specific with what you have a question about?

edit on 7/13/2013 by ugie1028 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
A few minutes ago the jury asked the court to explain to them what exactly the instructions are regarding (manslaughter).

The Judge has said for the jury to give more specific questions; and the court will give them specific answers.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
WTH....

So their answer is "The court will be more than happy to help you."

Now the jury has to decide their freakin question, which probably will take 2 weeks, meanwhile, their next question will be "Can you explain what is meant by 'Not Guilty?'

Sheeesh....

I guess I'm just getting impatient.

The jury has ordered dinner -in. Maybe they are trying to get done with this after all....
edit on 13-7-2013 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

It still baffles me that the jury don't have all the marked evidence in the deliberation room, and have to beg the court if they want to see evidence. That makes no sense to me.
edit on Sat, 13 Jul 2013 18:02:11 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Wrong. The jury asked a question. The lawyers felt it was not specific enough to provide an answer. They sent a note back to the jury to please be more specific in your question. Now, we are on pins and needles.
edit on 13-7-2013 by GrantedBail because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

The jury wants to understand the law regarding manslaughter. It really wasn't ever explained to them thoroughly. Only the 2nd degree murder charge. I think they are very intelligent and thoughtful and taking the process seriously.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
is it just me or does the mic keep randomly playing muttered conversations? i thought every one left the court where is the sound coming from(like what room in the court house,media tent etc)

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

They do have all the evidence. They wanted it cataloged. You are dealing with people that are taking this job seriously.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

No they do not. If they want to see evidence, they have to request it.

top topics

<< 298  299  300    302  303  304 >>

join