It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Zimmerman Trial

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
reply to post by GrantedBail

www.wftv.com... This is what I'm watching and reading.
Oh ... and the commentators are pro-martin. You'll like 'em.

I am watching another site without commentary but I have that site up watching the blog comments. I have three screens so it makes it easy. They filter pro Zim comments quite a bit as well.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I have watched via that network and I watched all of yesterdays testimony again last night cuz I wanted to be sure of some things. I watched every single minute of the Anthony trial on that blog as well. Everyone wanted to lynch Casey Anthony. At least the comments are more balanced this time around. They are not all pro Martin so that is not true. It is about half and half depending upon when you are tuning in. Frankly, I don't let other's sway my opinion one way or another. I use my own critical thinking skills and formulated my own ideas and opinions.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

That was my opinion during the Anthony trial as well. The moderators kept saying there were more pro-prosecution commenters than there were pro-defense because I accused them of that during that trial. Who knows if they are telling the truth or not.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
My thoughts so far are Zimmerman is not exactly being given a fair trial since TM's past is excluded but Z's past is included and scrutinized. However given the poor witness's on TM's behalf I do not think it will make a difference.

As far as the posts on this thread, it seems like most have already made of their mind mostly based on emotions and no facts will make them change their mind. It also seems like their are a bunch of arm chair experts who seem to know what happened better than everyone else, including the investigators.

It is sad when a young man's untimely death has become such a circus.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   

I believe that mother's are going to be more sensitive to insults of this 19 year old girl.

I have made the assumption that she has some type of learning disability based upon her inability to articulate even the simplest of ideas and the way she does not complete sentences. Her thoughts are broken or at least that is how she expresses herself.

But, I have given you the benefit of the doubt.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by jrod

You probably won't find many people that have not formulated some type of bias participating in this thread. Otherwise they really aren't interested and you will find them somewhere else on this message board.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi

He was a concerned citizen trying to look out for his neighborhood. He is OK in my eyes.

Forget the D or R's people try to label others with.

He only got interested in his neighbourhood when a stray dog gave him a fright one day, which caused him to buy a gun and start trying to form a NW team. That'd be like me acquiring a lethal weapon because of that time somebody's loose pit bull attacked my own dog.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Thanks but you must know ad- homs are made from a point of weakness right?

I just wanted to clarify that you believe the jury is stacked against Zim so when he walks there should be zero complaints.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   

I agree with you. Horrid decision. Cursive is being thrown out. Probably the result of the electronic age we live in. Everyone uses a keyboard. How many people use a pen nowadays ... Kinda sad ... But I guess that shows my age.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   

I couldn't watch the Anthony trial. I kept thinking of that poor little girl murdered and left in the woods for months. And that the mother most likely did it. It was too sad for me. I couldn't do it.

I've done a search for the witness to see if anything was said about 'special ed' or learning disability. I haven't found anything. It COULD be out there ... but I haven't found anything (yet?). I'm thinking it's just a case of really bad public schooling where she is and eubonics etc etc .... but I could be wrong.

At any rate ... she was not a good witness for the prosecution.

The 'neighbor' who is testifying now is a much better witness.
Clear. Solid in her memory. Has great details.

Although my 17 year old daughter just asked how anyone could hear sneakers on grass and especially while the rain was falling ... good question

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   

776.032 Immunity from criminal prosecution and civil action for justifiable use of force.—
(1) A person who uses force as permitted in s. 776.012, s. 776.013, or s. 776.031 is justified in using such force and is immune from criminal prosecution and civil action for the use of such force, unless the person against whom force was used is a law enforcement officer, as defined in s. 943.10(14), who was acting in the performance of his or her official duties and the officer identified himself or herself in accordance with any applicable law or the person using force knew or reasonably should have known that the person was a law enforcement officer. As used in this subsection, the term “criminal prosecution” includes arresting, detaining in custody, and charging or prosecuting the defendant.
(2) A law enforcement agency may use standard procedures for investigating the use of force as described in subsection (1), but the agency may not arrest the person for using force unless it determines that there is probable cause that the force that was used was unlawful.
(3) The court shall award reasonable attorney’s fees, court costs, compensation for loss of income, and all expenses incurred by the defendant in defense of any civil action brought by a plaintiff if the court finds that the defendant is immune from prosecution as provided in subsection (1).
reply to post by dudeman351

from your link

THis statute doesn't apply to this case because he has been charged with second degree murder. This statute applies to criminal or civil prosecution resulting from justifiable use of force.

Next.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Although my 17 year old daughter just asked how anyone could hear sneakers on grass and especially while the rain was falling ... good question

Does she thinks it's possible to tell the difference between someone walking or running on a pavement and them doing the same on grass?

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by IvanAstikov

He was a concerned citizen trying to look out for his neighborhood. He is OK in my eyes.

Forget the D or R's people try to label others with.

He only got interested in his neighbourhood when a stray dog gave him a fright one day, which caused him to buy a gun and start trying to form a NW team. That'd be like me acquiring a lethal weapon because of that time somebody's loose pit bull attacked my own dog.

Actually he bought a gun and qualified for ccw because his wife was attacked by a stray dog and a police officer recommended buying and obtaining a permit.

The neighborhood watch was affective against stopping home burglaries in his neighborhood. The testimony from Monday showed that one burglar was caught because he was followed to his home by concerned citizens. (Sound familiar?) The other burglar just happened to be a teen and black as well but that is just a coincidence.

edit on 27-6-2013 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   

I never said that. Quit putting words in everyone's mouth. I said that mothers would probably be more sensitive to insults of this 19 year old girl.

Seriously, in the sake of justice, I hope that the jurors weigh all the evidence and apply the instructions given by the judge before they go to deliberation.

My point was, is that it is not good form to insult a young person who clearly has trouble communicating. Being a protective mother-type it would make me angry at the attorney and cause me to turn him off a bit.

Yes, I will be angry if he is acquitted. Yes, I don't like the little punk. Yes, I would like to see him get his arse handed to him by someone his own size and of his same ability. That is why I would have never made it to the jury and either would have you.
edit on 27-6-2013 by GrantedBail because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by IvanAstikov
Does she thinks it's possible to tell the difference between someone walking or running on a pavement and them doing the same on grass?

Okay I'm asking .... hold on ...

She said 'in sneakers, right?'

She put her sneakers on ... we are going out side ....

We are back. I heard her on the pavement but not the grass.

Do you want us to do this again with the hose sprinkling like it's raining??

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
They played the 911 .... most folks on the pro-martin blog are saying it's Zimmerman yelling.
I can't tell. The FBI can't tell. But the people listening seem to think it's Zimmerman.
Anecdotal evidence that isn't court-worthy .. but something for a discussion board.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrantedBail

776.032 Immunity from criminal prosecution and civil action for justifiable use of force.—
(1) A person who uses force as permitted in s. 776.012, s. 776.013, or s. 776.031 is justified in using such force and is immune from criminal prosecution and civil action for the use of such force, unless the person against whom force was used is a law enforcement officer, as defined in s. 943.10(14), who was acting in the performance of his or her official duties and the officer identified himself or herself in accordance with any applicable law or the person using force knew or reasonably should have known that the person was a law enforcement officer. As used in this subsection, the term “criminal prosecution” includes arresting, detaining in custody, and charging or prosecuting the defendant.
(2) A law enforcement agency may use standard procedures for investigating the use of force as described in subsection (1), but the agency may not arrest the person for using force unless it determines that there is probable cause that the force that was used was unlawful.
(3) The court shall award reasonable attorney’s fees, court costs, compensation for loss of income, and all expenses incurred by the defendant in defense of any civil action brought by a plaintiff if the court finds that the defendant is immune from prosecution as provided in subsection (1).
reply to post by dudeman351

from your link

THis statute doesn't apply to this case because he has been charged with second degree murder. This statute applies to criminal or civil prosecution resulting from justifiable use of force.

Next.

Did you read 776.012? Getting your head bashed against a sidewalk is grounds for fear of your life. Which falls under assault which is a forcible felony. Grounds to use deadly force. Remember this happened in Florida not Kommiefornia. Y'all don't even have a castle doctrine law. We have no duty to retreat, like y'all do.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Actually he bought a gun and qualified for ccw because his wife was attacked by a stray dog and a police officer recommended buying and obtaining a permit.

How does him buying a gun protect his wife when she's outdoors? Did he plan to follow her everywhere she went? That's even worse than him buying it because he felt threatened by stray dogs.

The neighborhood watch was affective against stopping home burglaries in his neighborhood. The testimony from Monday showed that one burglar was caught because he was followed to his home by concerned citizens. (Sound familiar?) The other burglar just happened to be a teen and black as well but that is just a coincidence.

One burglar caught in how long a period? And George wasn't even involved on that occasion, amirite? As to the place being burglary prone, they could have tried sticking up a few floodlights in the darkened areas, before they took onboard George and his trusty kel-tec.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   

It isn’t putting words in your mouth it is my interpretation of you saying.

Good, that is going to pi@@ the jury off.

Remember there are 6 woman jurors, most of which I would imagine are mothers.

So you didn't mean the odds are against him because the jurors are female.

OK
right
whatever makes you feel better.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by IvanAstikov

Not sure what you are reading, he got involved after his neighbor was robbed and his wife was frightened.

How about this ?

The young man had no respect, the entire situation could have been avoided if THUGBOY would have simply said " I am going to my fathers house over there"

Secondly if the concerned parents have put as much effort and attention while the thug was alive as they have after his death, maybe just maybe he would have been a success instead of a victim of self induced stupidity.

new topics

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join