It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Zimmerman Trial

page: 289
<< 286  287  288    290  291  292 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by firemonkey

What are you talking about two adults? And it's not irrelevant because he was percieved as suspicious, but no crime comitted against him. The only crime was him beating Zimmerman. If the cps had gotten there sooner Marti would be facing jail for assault, and possible attempted murder. If the cops showed up late and zimmerman didn't have a fun or trayvon got it then Traycon might be on trial for murder.

I think you sir or in denial about this case.

I have my opinion of this case, as do many others.

It just so happens I am currently commenting on a website that seems to have a huge support for Zimmerman...but that isn't the case everywhere.

We will see what the jury decides, but it won't change my opinion. With the jury out for so long and reports of them crying during the trial...I'd say they more likely share my opinion than yours.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by ButterCookie
I know you want to use all the "facts" in the case but..."

WOW ... they actually put the word 'but' on the end of that? There is no 'but'. The court of law clearly states that this is to be a verdict based on facts and that emotion should not play a part in it. Otherwise, we go to a rule by mob mentality situation. Good for you for rejecting the 'but' .....

Thanks

Yep, of course I am an Uncle Tom because I chose to look at the facts and not cheer for "Justice for Trayvon".

It makes me sick, just looking at the 'mob' outside the courthouse with that mentality who, I bet you $1000.00, couldn't give you 3 facts of the case.

Sadly, that is how it is. If you are black and not liberal, don't praise god, and are not cheering for Zimmerman's conviction, then you are osteracized.

edit on 13-7-2013 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by firemonkey
Yes, if I was on the Jury I would convict him without a doubt.
There is ZERO evidence that Martin was the aggressor. .

There is ZERO evidence that either one was the aggressor. We simply do not know what happened. And not knowing what happened means that no one should go to jail.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   

You still haven't proved that Trayvon STARTED the confrontation...if Zimmerman did, than Trayvon has every right to defend himself.

The defence has no obligation to prove such.

The prosecution has to prove that Zimmerman started it.

Full Stop.

End of discussion.

I couldn't tell you which party started id, but I can tell you this...the prosecution team should be summarily fired. That was one of the worst prepared teams I have ever seen in my life. Not only did they make a mockery of the justice system, they have mocked the intelligence of the average American along the way.

They are a disgrace to the BAR and should be treated as such.
edit on 13-7-2013 by peck420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
firemonkey is a troll who has no dog in this race. They are not even from the US. What people are missing about this trial is it is all about americans right to defend themselves. The outcome will set precident and have rippling effects throughout the us. So if someone has no dog in this race then all they are doing is trolling.
edit on 13-7-2013 by LeaderOfProgress because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by peck420

Agreed , you may find this interesting .......

When I heard the prosecutor say these words I was flabbergasted beyond belief and it looks like I am not the only one who caught this ....

John Guy stated Zimmerman deliberately followed Martin and "shot him because he wanted to" .

Here is the story .... Zimmerman prosecutors should be disbarred

As Alan Dershowitz stated , how did Guy know what was in Zimmerman's mind , they never talked with GZ . This statement was pure speculation and had no place in the trial and biased the jury .

And Dershowitz is right on the money with his statement that no one knows who started the altercation and since no one knows , that IS reasonable doubt .

If you are aware of Alan Dershowitz , a political liberal mind you , he has worked miracles for those who have been wrongly accused/jailed . If Zimmerman is found guilty , I hope Dershowitz takes up GZ's cause .

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

Oh.. I am sure you will be called self hating at some point. A black friend of mine already has. And I was blocked by two white friends on facebook for comments one the "letter to rach jeantel" they shared. One of them is a big proponent of white guilt (as I said he's white) and he organized a group to help African Americans (not just any needy person) and I told him I thought it was racist that he treats being black as a handicap and it gives him ( a poor psuedo hippie) the feeling of superiority like they NEED him, that's not treating others as equals.

also personal preference.. afros are sexy.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Really? I saw two national polls last night that had 70 plus percent of the people saying "not guilty."

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   

The person who finishes the fight isn't always the one who started it

Using your logic then GZ might not have started the fight.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   

. With the jury out for so long and reports of them crying during the trial...I'd say they more likely share my opinion than yours.

Unfortunately, I agree with you. If the jury was just looking at the evidence against Zimmerman ... which there is none ... then this would have been over with by now. However, they are thinking with emotions (which is against the jury instructions given by the judge) and so it's taking longer.

The longer they are out .. the more likely it'll be a manslaughter conviction. IMHO.

3 weeks ago I thought Zimmerman was probably guilty of manslaughter.
I would have been happy with a manslaughter conviction.
Now, after seeing the facts in the trial, I switched to 'not guilty'.
edit on 7/13/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by whenandwhere

I know, right.

I have seen more competent legal representation on Judge Judy, ffs.

The prosecution entered this circus as if they were the defendant. What a joke!

This case will not be resolved here, I can guarantee you that.

Not only does the Martin family have case for misrepresentation from the state, Zimmerman has an endless supply of appeal ready material on hand...

If I was the DoJ of Florida...I would be ashamed.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   

There is ZERO evidence that either one was the aggressor. We simply do not know what happened. And not knowing what happened means that no one should go to jail.

We know 100% for fact that Zimmerman killed Trayvon.

If we know nothing else, we can't use anything else and he should go to jail.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I am sorry to say that this trial is turning me and a lot of other white people who fought for civil rights into racists. We fought for equality for all, not special priviliges for special groups.

Now let's see why this trial is doing this. Let us assume that Zimmerman upon seeing Martin decided to intentionally kill him. That he stalked Martin, set him up, and shot him down in cold blood. Let us assume that Zimmerman did EVERYTHING that he has been accused of. Assuming all of that if Zimmerman does not walk free with a judgement of not guilty, even if he is guilty of everything, then this is not a trial by law but a trial by political racism. That is the problem. Zimmerman should never have been charged to begin with.

Why do I say this? Do I WANT a murderer to go FREE? YES!!!!! Because no crime has been proved against him! Regardless of his motive, regardless of what he might have done, regardless of what you THINK he should of done, there is no evidence he committed any crime. Following someone is not a crime, walking up to someone is not a crime, calling the police on someone is not a crime, being suspecious of someone is not a crime. A citizen profiling another citizen is not a crime. So all of that does not matter in a court of law or should not matter.

The only thing that MIGHT be a crime is WHY he shot Martin and he has a alibi for THAT which should hold up in ANY court. Martin was NOT a child no matter how many times the DA wants to say that. We send people that age off to kill or be killed every day so Martin's age should have nothing to do with it! As to hitting someone's head against the sidewalk. I have never heard so many lies and BS in a court room or on here in my life. Having been knocked out by having that done to me, the only reason I lived was others pulled the man off me before he could finish the job! I did not wake up for an hour and even than they had to carry me into a washroom to pour water on my face. Anyone who has had that done to them knows that is reason to KILL whoever is doing it before you die. Anybody in police work or in the DA's office, or work as a ME would KNOW that. Probably why Zimmerman was not charged in the first place until racial politics came into play.

As to the wounds on Zimmerman's head. He was lucky his head was shaved or he probably would have had none to show! I did not and neither did others I know who had the same thing done to them. We ALSO did not go to the hospital after! So the severity of his wounds after do not matter as anyone who has been in that position can testify too.

So what do we have here? A trial that never should have happened to start with, caused by racial politics, mob mentality, and special rights because Martin was black? This is a conspiracy site. How about this was caused to start a racial war or to see how far the government can push it before there is one? This was started by Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, Obama, and a number of other black politicians, ALL of which whipped the flames of racial hatred at the start. The New Black Panther Party put out a reward for MURDERING Zimmerman. They were not arrested. Try doing that to any of those I have named and I can gurantee you will be in jail on charges. What about the rapper who gave out the WRONG address for Zimmerman so he could be killed? That is called reckless endangerment! He was not arrested nor would he have been even if the old WHITE couple who lived at that address been killed as a result of his actions. Now we see Obama finally staying out of it, Al and Jesse saying back off, other black politicians saying the same. Maybe they are practicing to see how much control they have over the black race? I really do not know.

What I DO know is that a lot of us who fought against the racism in this country, for equal rights for all including females and gays and whatever color your skin might be, are getting a little sick of what the equality for everyone that we fought for is turning into. THAT is what I fear about this trial. Which may easily be the reason there is a trial in the first place! A trial run so to speak.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Wrooong. Rachel Jeantel said TM confronted Zimmerman first. Also evidence didn't show Zimmerman had thrown any punches. If he threw none.. then he didn't throw the first.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   

There is zero evidence Zimmerman was the aggressor. State has burden of proof. You can't convict because there is no proof TM was the aggressor you can only convict if there WAS prove GZ was. And there isn't.

I think you meant all Martin did was go to the store, then wander around a neighborhood in the dark and rain looking at houses for 45 minutes, then ran, made racist commets (showing ill will), then viciously assaulted a man and possibly tried to kill him.
edit on 13-7-2013 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   

reply to post by ButterCookie

Oh.. I am sure you will be called self hating at some point. A black friend of mine already has. And I was blocked by two white friends on facebook for comments one the "letter to rach jeantel" they shared. One of them is a big proponent of white guilt (as I said he's white) and he organized a group to help African Americans (not just any needy person) and I told him I thought it was racist that he treats being black as a handicap and it gives him ( a poor psuedo hippie) the feeling of superiority like they NEED him, that's not treating others as equals.

also personal preference.. afros are sexy.

Thanks

A few of my co-workers have that 'white guilt' going on too, and I make them look silly when I explain that they should not feel the need to play 'rescue' to blacks, because that in itself is racism.

These are the ones who look completely 'shocked' when I say "I hope Zimmerman is acquitted".. its as if they expect me to follow that 'black script'.

Then they say "Why??"

I then intelligently articulate the facts (omg!!) and explain that race was never an issue.

Then they walk away.

link   

That means self defense should be removed from the laws. That means that if someone attacks you, you hit them and they die, you are guilty.

link   

Really? I saw two national polls last night that had 70 plus percent of the people saying "not guilty."

You have the links?

Hope they aren't internet polls.

link   

We know 100% for fact that Zimmerman killed Martin in self defense.
If we know nothing else, we can't say he should go to jail for self defense.

The question for manslaughter .. was Zimmerman responsible for the event happening?
The answer .. we don't know who threw the first punch so we don't know who was responsible.

Simply saying that 'he got out of his vehicle so he's responsible' is wrong.
He had the legal right to do so. And the lead investigator said he did nothing wrong when he got out.

Both Zimmerman and Martin did stupid things that night.
But none of those stupid things raises to the level of Manslaughter.
Prior to the trial ... I thought they would. But as it turns out ... they don't.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Yipee!!

That's at least one FACT that you have about this case.

Got any more??

new topics

top topics

<< 286  287  288    290  291  292 >>

join