It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Zimmerman Trial

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

I saw the extended clips. She was different in her attitude. Even people in the court room and on the blog site from Florida that I'm following say the same. She is playing games.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

My son just finished the third grade and at least Orange co. school system teaches it. They started with it last year and will get further into it in 4th grade. They also introduced them to algebra in 3rd grade.
edit on 27-6-2013 by dudeman351 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by dudeman351

No it is based upon facts in evidence. I made that clear and pointed out what we know from your heropunks own words and the recoded 911 call. Tell me where I have made any assumptions other that what has been established by fact in this court of law?

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrantedBail
He was the one that formed the neighborhood watch in his complex.

Big bad evil guy formed a neighborhood watch to help his neighborhood stay safe.
Bad zimmerman .. bad bad Zimmerman. (*hits him on the nose with a newspaper).

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   

reply to post by Grimpachi

Good, that is going to pi@@ the jury off. She clearly is uneducated, does not have command of the English language and has some type of learning disability. Remember there are 6 woman jurors, most of which I would imagine are mothers. They are not going to take too kindly to insulting this young woman. It is gonna go over just as well as his knock knock joke.

So are you saying women are biased and easily swayed by such things. Wow here I thought they could be just as discerning as male jurors.

Thanks for clarifying that the jury is stacked against Z.

BTW where is your source for proving she has a learning disability? Plain stupid isn't really a disability.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   

You are lucky. THe live bloggers on the Florida news site that I'm watching say that their kids don't learn cursive and it shocks the heck out of them that they aren't learning it.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   

do you have to have others interpret things for you. I prefer to watch and do it myself. I feel I am a pretty intelligent and don't need polls or group think.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi
Plain stupid isn't really a disability.

People speaking in eubonics sound like they have learning disabilities ... but they don't.
Or I should say .. they might ... but just because they speak in eubonics and play games
with the level of their speaking voice doesnt' necessarily mean that they do.

link   

Again, wrong information. Cursive is taught in grade school. To suggest otherwise is just freakin ridiculous.

link   
Immunity in certain cases seems correct.

Florida law is specific on this point. Immunity is immediate and real.

You need to look at two statutes to get the whole sense:

776.013(3) A person who is not engaged in an unlawful activity, and who is attacked in any other place where he or she has a right to be has no duty to retreat and has the right to stand his or her ground and meet force with force, including deadly force if he or she reasonably believes it is necessary to do so to prevent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another or to prevent the commission of a forcible felony.

And directly to immunity:

776.032 Immunity from criminal prosecution and civil action for justifiable use of force.—
(1) A person who uses force as permitted in s. 776.012, s. 776.013, or s. 776.031 is justified in using such force and is immune from criminal prosecution and civil action for the use of such force, unless the person against whom force was used is a law enforcement officer, as defined in s. 943.10(14), who was acting in the performance of his or her official duties and the officer identified himself or herself in accordance with any applicable law or the person using force knew or reasonably should have known that the person was a law enforcement officer. As used in this subsection, the term “criminal prosecution” includes arresting, detaining in custody, and charging or prosecuting the defendant.
(2) A law enforcement agency may use standard procedures for investigating the use of force as described in subsection (1), but the agency may not arrest the person for using force unless it determines that there is probable cause that the force that was used was unlawful.
(3) The court shall award reasonable attorney’s fees, court costs, compensation for loss of income, and all expenses incurred by the defendant in defense of any civil action brought by a plaintiff if the court finds that the defendant is immune from prosecution as provided in subsection (1).

Florida law gives true immunity and not just an affirmative defense. It actually criminalizes the arrest of someone who claims self-defense unless there is probable cause he broke the law. That is a high standard considering this is just for an arrest – most jurisdictions would arrest and let the ADA sort it all out. The law also means indictments are harder to get and easier to get out of

Link

link   

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   

They don't interpret for me.
But the other posters watching sure do validate my observations.
My observation to date ... Both Zimmerman and Martin were bad blood.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   

There are people of color who speak correctly. That is what primary education is all about. Unless of course there is something wrong with their learning skills. This girl is not always speaking "Eubonics". She has difficulty articulating even the simplest of ideas.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Your avoiding my question dudeman and resorting to name calling and insults. Let's keep the discussion about the case. So again, I ask, where have a misinterpreted ANY facts. You have a whole body of work to chose from.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Again, wrong information. Cursive is taught in grade school. To suggest otherwise is just freakin ridiculous.

No. I"m correct. The witness said it wasn't taught in her school and ... drumroll... she actually told the truth for a change. The online bloggers from Florida are confirming that it isn't taught in all the Florida schools. It is taught here where I live in Delaware. It's taught in most places. But apparently not in all Florida schools.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Are these the same people that claim that cursive writing is not taught in the public school system in Florida?? Are these the same people that didn't watch the direct examination of this witness?? Just checking.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Phone records testimony ... both sides forgot to ask the witness if the records first went through the NSA.
Sorry .. just had to say it.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Your avoiding my question dudeman and resorting to name calling and insults. Let's keep the discussion about the case. So again, I ask, where have a misinterpreted ANY facts. You have a whole body of work to chose from.

So, what was your question? You've been so toxic and attacking in your replies I guess I just didn't pay enough attention to what you were trying to say.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   

www.wftv.com... This is what I'm watching and reading.
Oh ... and the commentators are pro-martin. You'll like 'em.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   

I was wrong. I had no idea, I just looked it up. It is left up to the districts now since 2010. My youngest just turned 19 and I am in California. It has been a minute since I had kids in grade school.

I think it is a horrible decision since most historic documents are in cursive writing. But I guess technology and "core standards' are replacing handwriting. I stand corrected.

new topics

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join