It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Zimmerman Trial

page: 277
<< 274  275  276    278  279  280 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ugie1028
Judge just said that she will inform the jury on how long they want to deliberate tonight. could be as early as 6 or as late as 12.

who knows...

in courtroom: O'Mara tells wife in gallery jury'll likely go til 8/9 tonight b4 break 4 night or verdict.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

well if the jury finds him guilty its because they feel there is evidence to support a conviction. the fact that the verdict hasn't come back yet makes me feel there will be a conviction. if it was that simple that the jury felt there was no evidence to convict they would have come back with not guilty by now.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
It could mean anything at this point. Could be one or two people that think evidence exists, and are being debunked as we speak.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by OneisOne
FlyersFan mentioned this graphic earlier today when the defense was giving it's closing.

Yep, that sums it up pretty well.
They should have called that the "chart of reasonable doubt"

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
and the jury has been sent home...

deliberations continue at 9am tomorrow if possible.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
No decision today.

Jury will come back at 9 am.

Peace

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Looks like a protest fail so far, more people show up for PTA meetings here lol.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by RUFFREADY
reply to post by TKDRL

Remember July 18th Jodie Arias starts again "with a new jury", everybody knows about that (almost)

"The judge scheduled a retrial for July 18. A new panel likely will be seated to try again to reach a decision on a sentence — unless the prosecutor takes death off the table agrees to a life sentence.'

edit on 12-7-2013 by RUFFREADY because: (no reason given)

I hope she frys she reminds me of my Ex but without the mudering part

Originally posted by jam321
No decision today.

Jury will come back at 9 am.

Peace

awww cliff hanger

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

Me too. She has the crazy ex vibe going on for real.

I think she's guilty and I don't go for the easy conviction (I still think Casey Anthony is completely innocent of murder.. and it has very little to do with her being my same age and hot), but Arias seems like a total sociopath, though rarer in women.

If they can't prove it wasn't self defense I wouldn't convict, but man.. it looks pretty solid. I think I understand why it was a hung jury.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracy nut
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

well if the jury finds him guilty its because they feel there is evidence to support a conviction. the fact that the verdict hasn't come back yet makes me feel there will be a conviction. if it was that simple that the jury felt there was no evidence to convict they would have come back with not guilty by now.

I don't think so. There wasn't a lot of deliberation hours today and the jury was the one that decided they would just finish tomorrow instead of going on today.
They could (and likely do) just have one or two people who are on the fence and need to have their minds changed. I find a conviction very unlikely.

And you are incorrect, if they find him guilty it DOES NOT mean they thought the evidence suggested guilt because it doesn't. There is NOT ONE PIECE of evidence that contradicts Zimmerman's story. There is not even a testimony that really contradicts his story (that includes the star witness for prosecution). If they found him guilty of anything (which would be manslaughter, definitely not murder 2, and he isn't guilty of and shouldn't have been included) it could be because they felt they need to give him something lesser and are unaware of the sentence that can come with it, or they could base their opinion (wrongly) on emotion, or they could have lied to get on the jury and be a covert juror that lied for the sole purpose of convicting Zimmerman. Also the jury could be afraid for their safety if they know about the threats surrounding the case.

Mark my words, not matter what happens Zimmerman WILL go free of this charge. Whether now or during an appeal.

There are a lot of strange things. People have suggested and I can't completely disregard that political pressure (all the way from the president and eric holder) could be coming down on this case. They could try to force a conviction and acquit on appeal. That way they could quietly overturn it and lessen the risk.

No matter what happens this case has a lot of shady happenings and an innocent man is stuck in the middle, but he will go free.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Actually, due to my having bugged the jury I can tell you what the conversation is all about:

So...we can't just leave with a verdict this quickly...they will think we didnt give the verdict much consideration.

Ok. We should ask for something. Sandwiches?

No...why don't we ask for some evidence? What should we ask for?

We can't give the verdict away...let's ask for a list.

Sure! That works! *asks for list*

Now what do we do? ..............

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

Originally posted by roadgravel
Will the president comment on this trial, since he has in the past?

if he does it will be like after the gun bill.

SHAME ON YOU, MY SON WHO WOULD LOOK LIKE TRYVON GOT NO JUSTICE.

edit on 12-7-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by UnBreakable
It'll be a hung jury.

The jury at this point is split. If it wasn't, then we would have had a verdict based on the first initial vote they take right after picking the fore-person. I can't see anyone realistically finding this guy guilty. But at least one of them thinks he is guilty and at least one of them thinks he isn't.

or it could be that they all voted and have a verdict , but decide that they had better come back tomorrow and burn some time. so people don't riot, or get out raged like the 4 hour oj verdict.

ETA: you can bet they know what kind of fallout can come from their decision.
edit on 12-7-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by bbracken677

great minds think alike.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
ONE aspect that i failed to see the defense Ever even consider or put forth to the court:

If Trayvon was fearful for his safety and only 'self defense', then why did he pursue further physical engagement with Zimmerman after he'd already basically dropped him to the ground with the initial punch to the nose/face.

That point right there seems quite pivotal no matter the 'side'.

At which point, for those who support/think that Trayvon was the victim, does it go from victim to aggressor.

Give him the one punch knockdown, BUT ...

after that he becomes the agressor. plain and Simple.

I've no dog in the fight. just followed it through from near beginning to end.

yeah. I'm nutZ!

edit on 7/12/2013 by 12m8keall2c because: speeling.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12m8keall2c
ONE aspect that i failed to see the defense Ever even consider or put forth to the court:

If Trayvon was fearful for his safety and only 'self defense', then why did he pursue further physical engagement with Zimmerman after he'd already basically dropped him to the ground with the initial punch to the nose/face.

That point right there seems quite pivotal no matter the 'side'.

At which point, for those who support/think that Trayvon was the victim, does it go from victim to aggressor.

Give him the one punch knockdown, BUT ...

after that he becomes the agressor....

Obviously no one was right there to give the blow by blow but it is not uncommon that when someone gets punched & knocked down that they instinctively grab on to whats in front of them, in this case it would be Trayvon. I find it completely plausible that this was the case and may have been the reason Trayvon continued to throw punches, to get Zimmerman to release him.

Obviously this is all speculation, but I think it may be the reason they did not focus on that one fact, because reasonable doubt could easily be made with regards to your assumption that Trayvon was simply teeing off on a helpless and defenseless Zimmerman.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by HomeBrew

Obviously this is all speculation, but I think it may be the reason they did not focus on that one fact, because reasonable doubt could easily be made with regards to your assumption that Trayvon was simply teeing off on a helpless and defenseless Zimmerman.

The entirety of the State's Prosecution is no different, no matter.

never once spoke to nor lean towards any reference, insinuation, allusion that trayvon was'Teeing off' on ANYTHING. Not sure where that came from.

My Point simply being,

THAT... given the circumstances it is entirely possible that Zimmerman was 'initially' acting outside the bounds of the housing association neighborhood watch, BUT....

despite and no matter...

Trayvon certainly crossed the line between self-defense and aggressor once he pursed inflicting further hamr on Zimmerman, after the initial knock to the ground blow to his face/nose.

indisputable.

unintentional escalations happen. he initiated just that by further striking/causing/ wanting to cause injury in, by and of his actions.

It's really not that difficult. once you cast aside all the extraneous BS that's barnacled itself to the same throughout.

sadly. and mostly in the name of 'justice'... when it truly couldn't be anything further from the same that the man is 'on trial' in the first place.

edit on 7/12/2013 by 12m8keall2c because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12m8keall2c

The entirety of the Sate's Prosecution is no different, no matter.

never once spoke to nor lean towards any reference, insinuation, allusion that trayvon was'Teeing off' on ANYTHING. Not sure where that came from.

My Point simply being,

THAT... given the circumstances it is entirely possible that Zimmerman was 'initially' acting outside the bounds of the housing association neighborhood watch, BUT....

despite and no matter...

Trayvon certainly crossed the line between self-defense and aggressor once he pursed inflicting further hamr on Zimmerman, after the initial knock to the ground blow to his face/nose.

indisputable.

unintentional escalations happen. he initiated just that by further striking/causing/ wanting to cause injury in, by and of his actions.

It's really not that difficult. once you cast aside all the extraneous BS that's barnacled itself to the same throughout.

sadly. and mostly in the name of 'justice'... when it truly couldn't be anything further from the same that the man is 'on trial' in the first place.

Huh? I think you may be a touch overreaching for something here. I simply offered an opinion directly relating to the quoted question you posed. And 'Teeing Off' was a nutshell reference for when you said...

If not for repeatedly throwing blows while atop of Zimmerman (Teeing Off), what did your quote above allude to when you stated 'further physical engagement'? I think the reason many are unwilling to provide their input in this thread is because of overblown and overstated retorts like your was here.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Not at all. I firmly believe Trayvon Martin had some extent, egree or right of self-defense throughout...

however.. I find fault with his actions throughout, in that when did they go from 'reactionary'/cornered/self-defense to the point of further accosting someone they had physically removed as a potential 'threat', per se. -first pucnh sent Zimerman to the ground. (?)

What further reason to enact violence than to ....... (?)

new topics

top topics

<< 274  275  276    278  279  280 >>

join