It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Zimmerman Trial

page: 271
<< 268  269  270    272  273  274 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Wait until someone is following you on a dark, rainy evening and you haven't got a gun to protect you, and let's see what tune you are whistling then.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by RickKilgannon

Originally posted by firemonkey
Dismiss it because it is a conflict of interest...Zimmerman would have a direct benefit in lying about this.

So it is a conflict of interest for the defendant to give his side of the story? If that is a conflict of interest then why would there ever be a need for a defendant in any case to give their side of the story? Why not just believe whatever that the prosecution says, no need to get facts for justice.
edit on 12-7-2013 by RickKilgannon because: (no reason given)

Because someone is personally invested in GZ's guilt and therefore would likely violate all of his rights to get him convicted.

Kinda reminds me of the judge siding with the prosecution on virtually ever decision made.

Forget the facts, the testimony, the witnesses....emotion is king and rules the day! Muahahahaha
oops, sorry, I got carried away there....

link   
As long as I had 4min like he did, I would get away...but generally speaking, I dont do shady things and walk around in the dark in peoples yards and stuff

link   
reply to post by IvanAstikov

Almost sounds like you know exactly what was going through TM's head at that point in time.

are you a psychic?

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by IvanAstikov

Wait until someone is following you on a dark, rainy evening and you haven't got a gun to protect you, and let's see what tune you are whistling then.

But if you fight them, what exactly would you be protecting yourself from?

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by IvanAstikov

Common sense says escape and evade, not confront someone whom you have no idea what they are capable of or armed with. The boy could most definately out run zimmerman.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

Exactly, no matter how tough or trained you are, still too many variables involved to go around fighting like that. One lucky shot and your life could be over...... Knife could come out, who knows, they might have a gun

edit on Fri, 12 Jul 2013 14:38:55 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
any one see the poll they just ran 8% guilty of murder one 15%ish for manslaughter and then 74% seemed to think he was innocent im not getting the numbers exact but they are pretty close to what the guys on the live stream were talking about

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by PLASIFISK

I know every single person that lives in the town, as does everyone else. No one is going to move out, and another move in without the word being spread. That is how it is here, and yeah, we don't take kindly to strangers that don't belong here. Could be why we have no crime? Nearest town is 30 minutes driving at 100 kmph, you aren't going to wander here by accident.

You know what. Your right.

There is absolutely no way a person could move into your town and you not know who they are.

I've driven through towns like that before. And I made it a point to be out before the sun went down.

Didn't want to get hung and lynched you know.

By you saying " don't take kindly to strangers" is one thing, it's the whole don't belong part that reads loud and clear.

We have no room for your kind either where I live.

With that being said. There is a firm understanding between us.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
In closing the prosecution said he was 16 years, 21 days old - what happened to 17 years old.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeaderOfProgress

In the town I live in there is a population of about 300, we have to keep an eye on each others saftey. The closest law enforcement is 30min away. People in our town have folloewd and question the youth as to what they were doing on countless occasions. Never once did the children feel like they should assault some one bause of this. Never once has the adult population felt that in some way their childrens rights were violated because someone asked "what are you doing".

It is sad times when members of the community can be villified for watching out for each other.

It's the sense of entitlement all over again. I should be able to behave as i please, be a wannabe gangsta, dress like one, talk like one. If you follow me though, I have the right to pound you into the ground and it is murder if you defend yourself. You do not have the right to follow me, but I have the right to assault you.........and you have no right to defend yourself with deadly force.

There is something awfully disturbing about this kind of thinking.....

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel
In closing the prosecution said he was 16 years, 21 days old - what happened to 17 years old.

Obviously he didn't feel 17 was dramatic enough....

One parting tug on the heart strings!

This prosecution was a JOKE! They had no case from day one and GZ should have never been arrested for defending himself.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel

He either misspoke because TM was a few weeks past his 17th birthday or he was just trying to play up the child part of their case by saying 16 years and 21 days.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Exactly, that is why I live here. I would rather live here in the "wild", and be free, and master of my own destiny. If I wanted to do some victimless illegal thing here, no one will call the cops on me. We watch each other's backs, look out for each other's kids etc. It's the life I choose, and its not that we would just lynch someone for being here. Plenty of people have gotten lost, ran out of gas. We help get them back on the road, and back on the right track. That's way different than a hostile stranger lurking around lol.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by RalagaNarHallas

here is a poll

The Blaze

If this poll is any accurate... looks like zim will walk free.
edit on 7/12/2013 by ugie1028 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by bbracken677

It's the sense of entitlement all over again. I should be able to behave as i please, be a wannabe gangsta, dress like one, talk like one. If you follow me though, I have the right to pound you into the ground and it is murder if you defend yourself. You do not have the right to follow me, but I have the right to assault you.........and you have no right to defend yourself with deadly force.

There is something awfully disturbing about this kind of thinking.....

It’s years of intentional conditioning, friend. This is the entitlement society that conservatives have warned about for years. This is a result of decades of failed, race-based, race-baiting democrat policies going all the way back to LBJ’s war on poverty and the first use of the race card in politics.

Shameful!!

edit on 12-7-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

You can bet it was not a slip or he forgot the age. Yes, emotion.

edit on 7/12/2013 by roadgravel because: typo

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
The problem with polls is that it is not the jury and it does necessarily require the responsibility that the jury will hopefully be aware of in their deliberation.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

It's interesting though, since the jury did not get all the information we did, like seeing how the judge acted when they were not in the room. The cell phone information, social media etc.

top topics

<< 268  269  270    272  273  274 >>

join