It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Zimmerman Trial

page: 269
<< 266  267  268    270  271  272 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
any one watching the chief of police and the county sheriff speak on the live feed? they are pretty much appealing for calm and wanting people to respect the verdict ,now hes talking about community togetherness

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by firemonkey

Zimmerman's knuckles were photographed that night, not a mark. Not a single bruise on Martin. There is no evidence Zimmerman harmed a hair on his head, and no witnesses that disputes that he was suckerpunched.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by RalagaNarHallas

Yep, I am listening. Sounds like they believe he is going to be aquitted.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

One hundred stars for your post if I could. The Judicial process was interfered with by the Executive branch of the government. Something that specifically isn't supposed to happen in our system of government.
edit on 7/12/2013 by suz62 because: clarification

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeaderOfProgress
reply to post by muse7

Stand your ground only applies if you are not the one who instigated confrontation. You lose the right to stand your ground the moment you break the law in doing so. Assault is breaking the law, the assault that occured was felonious in nature.

Why is it so hard to understand that assault is the illegal act that occured which lead to the untimely death of martin?

Because they have decided to excuse Martin's behavior (felony assault).

And I just explained to my brother that people who keep insisting that "Zimmerman should have stayed in his truck.." have painted Trayvon as a WILD ANIMAL; as if society should know better than to 'bother' thugs.

link   
reply to post by PLASIFISK

Won't happen. You obviously don't know what it is like to live in a tight community. We live without a police force, by choice. We know when a neighbor is going on vacation, etc. For that to happen, a neighbor would have to move, then another neighbor would have to move in, which we would know about.
edit on Fri, 12 Jul 2013 14:07:17 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by firemonkey
There are no eye witnesses of the start of the fight.

We have Zimmerman saying Trayvon started it...but he never testified...did he?

The defendant in a trial does not have to testify. He gave statements countless times on video.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I asked this a few pages back but think it was over looked... since the night of the incident, February 26 2012, has the crime rate within Zimmerman's gated community increase, decreased or stayed the same?

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Rulkiewicz

I don't think there is any real way to check a very local statistic like that. I could be wrong though. Would be interesting to look at if possible though.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rulkiewicz
I asked this a few pages back but think it was over looked... since the night of the incident, February 26 2012, has the crime rate within Zimmerman's gated community increase, decreased or stayed the same?

My guess is that you would have to find someone that lives in the community and ask them, that might be the only way to find out. Because I don't think that you could get the police to release info on that small of a place.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by RickKilgannon
The defendant in a trial does not have to testify. He gave statements countless times on video.

I think he was referring to Martin.

Regardless, what he doesn't get is that the burden of proof lies with the prosecution. Its up to them to find eyewitnesses and evidence to counter Zimmerman's version of the events of that night. If they can't do it, its their problem, not that of the defense.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   

The legal guy on the live stream (Bill Sheaffer) stated this morning he believed that was a HUGE win for the defense. He indicated that in self-defense cases the defendant needs to testify. By the state admitting those multiple Zimmerman interviews into evidence, it was as good as testimony, but with no cross examination.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   

That kind of data is crunched on a annual basis for the most part. And includes the whole town, rather than just specific communities.

But it is possible if you want to spend days upon days looking at the crime reports within those addresses over the years.

Let's get the intern to do it!

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL

Zimmerman's knuckles were photographed that night, not a mark. Not a single bruise on Martin. There is no evidence Zimmerman harmed a hair on his head, and no witnesses that disputes that he was suckerpunched.

He didn't have to land a punch to start the fight...Trayvon has the same right to defend himself if Zimmerman lays a hand on him...like grabbing him.

No one knows who started the fight...I don't believe the defense even tried to argue that Trayvon started it...only that after the confrontation started, Zimmerman feared for his life. That is the defense they are going with...not that Trayvon was commiting a felony against him. That is argument is just in this thread by the internet lawyers on here.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   

And any competent jury would dismiss his statement saying Trayvon started the fight.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Again, it is up to the prosecutor to prove that. Many things could have happened, but nothing was proven to dispute self defense!

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   

With what evidence to counter it?

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by PLASIFISK

Won't happen. You obviously don't know what it is like to live in a tight community.

Can happen. The variables are as endless as lottery numbers. And I live in a gated community in Texas where just about all of the fathers and husbands in my neighborhood carry concealed and are mainly military or retired or law enforcement of some kind.

My community is very tight and of all races.

My point here is. Under what pretense would anybody be required to answer you George?

link   

It would be a interesting, but in all fairness it would prove nothing. Drifting back to science 101, when any number of variables can be placed and withdrawn, or even the focus can be set towards, can in fact change any out come. In observing nature you do indeed impact the impacts of your observation.

link   

Originally posted by caladonea

Originally posted by RUFFREADY

Nope. He will serve no time.

Please tell me why you think he will do no time.

see the Casey Anthony verdict..

I think this will be a fast verdict of not guilty 6 hours or under...

unless there is one hold out going for guilty.

new topics

top topics

<< 266  267  268    270  271  272 >>

join