It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Zimmerman Trial

page: 266
<< 263  264  265    267  268  269 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
reply to post by muse7

Common sense is not a law. And it can't be enforced.

Besides, GZ was known by all within the community to be part of the Neighborhood watch. So why wouldn't he be on the streets that night?

Because being a member of neighborhood watch does not empower you to follow someone through the neighborhood with a gun. That's the job of the police.

link   
If he is found guilty there is a whole list of reasons he can and will have a retrial, but if found not guilty its over.

The adding of Manslaughter at the end alone is reason enough. At that point there is no way for a fair trial, even more so than this round. Maybe that is what they want, draw it out long enough to let it go away for mistrial. He will not serve any more time than he has already, if you dont count the hiding he will do the rest of this life because of emotion

link   
reply to post by muse7

Where I live i can carry and follow anybody, I do it all the time and I have never been arrested.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by muse7

Yes, I believe in the right to bear arms, even while following a suspicious person.

So someone like Trayvon Martin would look suspicious to you? Why?

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

For looking in the neighbor's window for one thing......
If I saw that, I would confront the person, not only armed, but openly armed with my rifle strung on my back. That is how it is done here.
edit on Fri, 12 Jul 2013 13:28:33 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by freedom12

Originally posted by firemonkey

Originally posted by freedom12
I have a question for those ATSer's who are questioning the use of "emotions" by lawyers in a CLOSING ARGUEMENT-

Is this the first time you have watched a trial?

Closing arguments are whatever the attorney's want to say, and "facts" or lack of them, doesn't matter.

It's Basic Lawyering 101, to attempt to appeal to the jurors emotions during closing arguments.

People in this thread don't seem to mind the defense appealing to emotion when they are trying to paint Trayvon as a scary black guy that deserved to be killed for walking while black.

And therein lies the reason for lawyer jokes. Most people tend to bad-mouth lawyers.

Good, cut-throat lawyers, do what is necessary to defend/prosecute their side.

You and I may not like it, but it's what happens sir.

funny how most of our "wise" and "uncorrupted" politicians are lawyers and former lawyers. Funny how when you "follow the money" you will stumble over a few lawyers on the way to finding the culprits.

I have known a few lawyers in my life...moral, ethical people is not how I would describe them.

On the other hand...you know when you see a wooden barrel that has contained water for a very long period of time? You know that stuff that's right there on the bottom of the barrel after the water has drained off?

link   

Originally posted by firemonkey
reply to post by bbracken677

What HAS been said is that TM committed a felony in his attack on GZ.

Was Trayvon convicted in a court of law of commiting a felony against Zimmerman?

If not, then no...he did not commit a felon against him. Plenty of you are accusing him...but that means absolutely nothing. They can't use the "felony" defense because Trayvon was not convicted of commiting any crime at all.

Felonious assault is a felony and as such, a person can be charged with the crime.

Not to sound cold, but since Treyvon is deceased…what would he be charged with?

link   
reply to post by muse7

He didn't say that....People can act suspicious even dressed in a suit, we have all seen someone doing it, I have in the past, kept my eye on him and the dude shoplifted....my spidysense was correct.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

It's also the right of a citizen.

'Nuff said.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7

It's called common sense.

It's common sense not to follow someone through several streets with a gun tucked in your waist. especially if the person you are following has not committed a crime.

and that's why its up to the jury.

We in the US have a right to carry firearms, also Zimmerman had his CCW(conceal/carry of a weapon permit)

It may sound crazy to someone not from the states, or even Florida but as a lifelong Florida resident I can tell you many of us carry a firearm everywhere. Nothing unusual, suspicious, or hateful for a CCW holder to carry gun, it may have saved his life or serious injury that night.

link   

Originally posted by ugie1028
reply to post by muse7

where is the law that states that i cant follow someone?

ill wait...

Lol

It's called common sense.

It's common sense not to follow someone through several streets with a gun tucked in your waist. especially if the person you are following has not committed a crime.

and that's why its up to the jury.

It's common sense not to steal, yet we have laws...

It's common sense not to rape, yet we have laws...

It's common sense not to assault, yet we have laws..

Get the point yet?

Following is not illegal, else the law enforcement comunity would be out of a job...

The only unlawfull act in this situation was assault. If it cannot be determined by whom then you must go with the only testimony to account, and the evidence to back it. Zimmerman was assaulted and at that point in time he was given the right to defend himself. ONLY ONE LAW WAS BROKEN.

link   

So you think its okay to arm yourself with a gun and start following a person? a person that you have not seen commit a crime?

Sorry, yes, it is okay.
Under that logic of your's it is forbidden to address anyone as suspect unless you are a cop - eg; you may not follow someone who you are 99% sure is attempting to steal your mother's vehicle unless you are a police officer.

Surely you see how amusing this sounds.
edit on 12-7-2013 by InstantRemedy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
AND THERE THEY GO ... the jury has entered deliberations ... the clock starts counting ....
Could be hours .. could be days ...

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I get the feeling that many people here have never been a juror.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   

reply to post by muse7

If I saw that, I would confront the person, not only armed, but openly armed with my rifle strung on my back. That is how it is done here.

Got anything that backs up that statement? Anything that says Trayvon Martin was caught looking into a window?

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel
I get the feeling that many people here have never been a juror.

Obviously. I have the same feeling that the vast majoriy here have never been in court at all. But what is your point if I may ask?

link   

reply to post by muse7

Wow...you're a nice guy. I would have had my weapon squarely pointed center mass when confronting while yelling at the top of my lungs to get down and lace their fingers on the back of their head.

That draws attention, all without hopefuly having to pull the trigger. But If need be...well, I'd be ready.
edit on 12-7-2013 by TDawgRex because: Spelling

link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Felonious assault is a felony and as such, a person can be charged with the crime.

Not to sound cold, but since Treyvon is deceased…what would he be charged with?

Innocent until proven guilty?

You can't claim Trayvon was commiting a felony against Zimmerman if he has never been convicted of it.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Hopefully the jury will have a little more common sense, than the one that is shown around here

Vigilante justice is not acceptable.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by muse7

He didn't say that....People can act suspicious even dressed in a suit, we have all seen someone doing it, I have in the past, kept my eye on him and the dude shoplifted....my spidysense was correct.

I'm suspicious of what you're doing to that cat in your avi.

Some people are just suspicious. We used to have a guy that lived in the neighborhood that really made my spine crawl. I even stopped walking in the evenings unless my husband could go with me. Turns out he was a violent rapist that had violated his parole and was living unregistered in the neighborhood.
edit on 12-7-2013 by OneisOne because: a s for a m

new topics

top topics

<< 263  264  265    267  268  269 >>

join