It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Zimmerman Trial

page: 245
<< 242  243  244    246  247  248 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by crazyewok

Originally posted by IvanAstikov
reply to post by crazyewok

I've not seen your views on the case deviating much. Pot, kettle, black, perhaps?

My view is that its too murky to make a clear decisoin

Hence reasonble doubt.

I dont know if he is guilty or not. There is not enough information from either side. So reasonble doubt applies.
edit on 12-7-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

There you have it! That's what I've been saying all along.

Only one of the jury needs to think this way (of the 6 and 3 alternates) and poof! Not guilty.

This WILL take place.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I've had nose bleeds that would come and go for a few days. Granted, that's not a broken nose situation, but what I'm saying is that nose wounds can heal slowly and reopen a lot. That's my experience ...

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

He is not an american lol. They don't have the right to self defense like americans do.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL

He is not an american lol. They don't have the right to self defense like americans do.

Pretty sure you missed the boat there.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

He did NOT see how they got there, and he didn't hang around enough in the scary dark place, with the scary fighting people, for long enough to give an accurate description of what was happening. A person who sees and hears a person begging for help and says "I'm phoning the police!" is not someone whose statements I would ascribe much value to. I already know he is a coward, so believing he is a liar too, is no stretch.

edit on 12-7-2013 by IvanAstikov because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   
TV News .. FOX NEWS .. this morning was asking their reporter who was in the court room what the jury was thinking .. if she could tell by their body language. She said ... the jury is split with four sitting in front and two sitting in back. The two in the back are still very interested and leaning forward and taking notes. Consensus is that this means those four have made up their minds already. The four who are sitting in front are relaxed and not taking notes. One of the four in front wouldn't look at the prosecution attorney yesterday. The hispanic/black woman is one of the women in the front.

TV news also showed a chart this morning showing when jurors make up their minds.
They got the data by questioning juries.
More than half make up their minds during when the evidence is coming in.
Only 20% make up their minds during deliberations.
A mall portion make up their mind during closing arguments.

I'll look around and see if I can find that chart.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Well we do now kinda. The law has being changing abit here lately. Let not turn this into a bash the UK thread.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   

reply to post by FlyersFan

He did NOT see how they got there, and he didn't hang around enough in the scary dark place, with the scary fighting people, for long enough to give an accurate description of what was happening. A person who sees and hears a person begging for help and says "I'm phoning the police!" is not someone whose statements I would ascribe much value to. I already know he is a coward, so believing he is a liar too, is no stretch.

edit on 12-7-2013 by IvanAstikov because: (no reason given)

Ah. So average guy that is scared due to the assault in progress in an otherwise quiet neighborhood is now a liar because he's a coward.

Let me guess... #&!@ snitches?

Your argument is weak at best, and beneath me at worst.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by IvanAstikov

Dude ... John Good stated that Martin was on top and doing the ground and pound on Zimmerman. He said that Martin was raining down blows on Zimmerman. Good didn't say that he saw the head being pounded into the cement, but forensic evidence showed clearly that it was from the cement (the indents from the cement was clearly visible). Just accept it .... the facts are clear. Martin caused Zimmermans injuries.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

I was not bashing, just saying you dont have self defense laws like we do, didn't say you didn't have any at all. Just they are not the same.
edit on Fri, 12 Jul 2013 08:12:37 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   

He did NOT see how they got there, and he didn't hang around enough in the scary dark place, with the scary fighting people, for long enough to give an accurate description of what was happening.

Ummmm....he did give a description of what he saw. It's key to this case.

A person who sees and hears a person begging for help and says "I'm phoning the police!" is not someone whose statements I would ascribe much value to.

So you don't believe female witnesses either?

I already know he is a coward, so believing he is a liar too, is no stretch.

I'm not following your logic. So if you believe some guy is a puss then he is quite possibly dishonest also??

Have you ever served jury duty? I hope not!

edit on 12-7-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

Quiet neighbourhood? I thought it was a crime-ridden hell-hole that Zimmerman was trying to restore to it's former Apple Pie glory? I wish you guys would make your minds up.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   

reply to post by DeadSeraph

Quiet neighbourhood? I thought it was a crime-ridden hell-hole that Zimmerman was trying to restore to it's former Apple Pie glory? I wish you guys would make your minds up.

Just because there are burglaries in the neighborhood doesn't mean that there were fights outside on the streets to make it a normal thing. My neighborhood has had some burglaries but it is still a quiet neighborhood and if there was a fight outside it would be out of the norm.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

He gave a description of something he saw under very unfavourable viewing conditions. Nothing he said could be relied upon wholly unless he was also filming it with a night vision camera.

And, yes, I wouldn't be surprised if people who were cowards were prone to tell the occasional lie. Not doing something when you could is a moral failing.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Has anyone done any research in regards to criminal activity happening in Zimmerman's gated community since the night of February 26 2012?

Has it declined, increased, stayed the same?

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   

And yet you bash Zimmerman for being proactive lol......

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   

reply to post by seabag

He gave a description of something he saw under very unfavourable viewing conditions. Nothing he said could be relied upon wholly unless he was also filming it with a night vision camera.

And, yes, I wouldn't be surprised if people who were cowards were prone to tell the occasional lie. Not doing something when you could is a moral failing.

Most people I have met that are cowards are to scared to even lie because they were afraid they would get caught and get in trouble.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   

reply to post by seabag

Ah. So night vision cameras constitute the burden of proof. Which witness had a night vision camera that showed Zimmerman killing Martin in cold blood? You alone seem to have seen the footage.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   

He gave a description of something he saw under very unfavourable viewing conditions.

Conditions were favorable enough for him to be able to know who was on top and who was on the bottom ... and to be able to tell what the person on top was doing.

I wouldn't be surprised if people who were cowards were prone to tell the occasional lie. Not doing something when you could is a moral failing.

Did you see John Good. He isn't exactly a whimp of a guy. He was solid. He was obviously educated. He did exactly what he should have done ... he saw a fight in progress and he called the police first. We don't know what he would have done if the fight had continued after he called the police.

For you to say this guy has a 'moral failing' because he did the correct and prudent thing (call the cops) .... that's absurd. Just plain absurd ..... :shk:

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   

And yet you bash Zimmerman for being proactive lol......

Excellent point. So which is it??? ZImmerman was a bad guy for wanting to stop crime and doing something about it ... or John Good was a bad guy and morally depraved for going and calling the cops instead of immediately getting involved to break up a fight?

new topics

top topics

<< 242  243  244    246  247  248 >>

join