It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Zimmerman Trial

page: 242
<< 239  240  241    243  244  245 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by IvanAstikov

While I've never been to jail, It's not legal for me to carry a gun in my country, so I would have to rely on my fists in such a situation. Unfortunately for you, that doesn't make Zimmerman guilty of second degree murder under Florida's laws, given the circumstances.
edit on 12-7-2013 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

On the second day she is the direct opposite, to the point that
the judge has to tell her to 'speak up' many times. I don't know if she was just playing
games or if she took a few valiums or what .... it was strange.

I'm only part way through her testimony in fact I was just noticing her 'change'. A very different attitude today.
I was thinking valium myself.

Oh well - there goes 'great' right down the tubes.

peace

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

I was in jail for defending myself against an attacker in my ex-g/fs home, and who had grabbed hold of an empty beer bottle because he couldn't fight with his fists. If he'd been quicker off the floor, he might have got a chance to use it, but after my kick to his jaw stunned him, I didn't finish him off, just in case. I showed restraint. It doesn't look like it even entered Zimmerman's head to do the same to an unarmed teen.

edit on 12-7-2013 by IvanAstikov because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Today the defense has closing arguments, members are reminded to please stay on topic and post in a civil manner.

• You are responsible for your own posts.
  • We expect civility and decorum within all topics.

• Go after the ball not the player.
  • I Don't Agree with YOU...

• Don't Respond to Obvious Trollery, Just Alert It
  • What is a troll?
  • Trolling, And What To Do About It

Thanks for keeping this thread informative and civil!

• posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 06:43 AM
    link   

It couldn't "enter Zimmerman's head" because he had already been sucker punched and was having his head beaten into concrete.

All the self bravado any hind-sighted, after-the-fact comments made on the internet will not change the evidential facts of the trial.

It was self-defense and Zimmerman is being persecuted because of pure hatred by a few racists whose livelihood depends on racism leading the puppety people. An army of puppets.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 06:47 AM
    link   
    reply to post by dreams n chains

There is no proof that Trayvon ever "sucker-punched" anyone. We have Zimmerman's say so and an injury that could have occurred in numerous ways that didn't involve the fist of an alleged attacker.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 06:49 AM
    link   

I guess he just punched himself in the nose and bashed the back of his head against something so he could run with the self defense story. Zimmerman was such a racist after all, and just wanted to shoot a black kid. Nevermind the fact he volunteered with african american youth on a regular basis and was not known to have any racist leanings whatsoever.

edit on 12-7-2013 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 06:52 AM
    link   

Originally posted by IvanAstikov

There is no proof that Trayvon ever "sucker-punched" anyone. We have Zimmerman's say so and an injury that could have occurred in numerous ways that didn't involve the fist of an alleged attacker.

And there is no poof that he didnt?

As everyone keeps saying the burden is on the prosecution to prove that did not happen not for the defence to prove that it did.

If on the jury you have to go with his story unless it is proven to be bunk.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 06:52 AM
    link   
    Zimmerman was ready for action that night. People were breaking into homes in that community for a while. A week earlier he helped get some black kid arrested for stealing a laptop, even though "as*holes always get away".

He also saw a black kid wearing a hoody walking in the rain talking on his phone and labeled him as one of the criminals terrorizing the community (Trayvon). He also called 911 for help, saw Trayvon "grab his waistband" (sign of firearm) while he was on the phone talking to the dispatcher and heard the dispatcher say to not follow Trayvon. He also seems to not like "fu*king punks" that "always get away" so he disregarded the dispatcher's advice in order to stalk Trayvon even further. Even when Trayvon turned the corner and was out of sight.

Question: If someone "showed" signs of having a firearm and runs away, why would you chase him?

Oh yeah, because you have a firearm as well and are ready to use it. These facts and including the additional fact that Zimm chased after Tray while speaking about "fu*king punks" and "as*holes always getting away" is enough to prove that Zimm had malicious intent and that he was ready to take the "law" into his own hands and take care of the perceived "criminal" that was young Trayvon Martin. This is also backed up by the fact that Zimmerman gave the location to his car (where he was supposed to be going) but then changed his mind and decided to ask the dispatcher to have the police call HIM when they arrive so he can tell them his new location after he was done chasing after Martin.

And on top of this, you have Zimmerman who has lied several times.Has a criminal record of assaulting police, resisting arrest and domestic violence. You have Zimmerman who has failed to get into the police force. You have a man with a violent history that has "something to prove".

You also have Zimmerman with a bloody nose and 2 scratches on the back of his head that were supposedly put there by 26 impacts with concrete and a flurry of punches to the face. But you also have Trayvon with no damage besides a tiny scratch on his left ring finger and a straight bullet wound directly to the heart.

edit on 12-7-2013 by beatbox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 06:55 AM
    link   
    reply to post by beatbox

You seem to have a lot of insider "facts" there...

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 07:02 AM
    link   

Nope. They are just blatantly obvious ones that you and others refuse to look at. I can understand a lawyer making excuses for the killing of a teenager - it's all in a day's work for them - but for anyone else, you need far better evidence than you've got to convince a reasonable person that Zimmerman killed him lawfully.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 07:10 AM
    link   

While I know it seriously disturbs the prosecution and puppets.... there are photos, audio recordings, eyewitness accounts and just a tad of Zimmerman's past history that the jury can refer to today in the evidence to make their decision.

For those who's hatred cannot allow them to see the obvious.... I would remind them of how Mr. Zimmerman risked everything and went out on a limb to defend a homeless black man once. You are attacking and hating a person unworthy of hatred.

Georg e Zimmerman's acts for Sherman Ware

We can only hope and pray that the jury does not mistakenly decide on the added option of Manslaughter in thinking it is a "lesser offense" and will appease the possibility of racist rioting. It will not. Innocents have already been killed in the name of TM.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 07:16 AM
    link   

Originally posted by DeadSeraph
    reply to post by beatbox

You seem to have a lot of insider "facts" there...

Like IvanAstikov said, those are "facts" some people refuse to acknowledge....

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 07:16 AM
    link   

I don't hate Zimmerman. I have no right, nor desire to. I definitely dislike him, because he is a pathetic excuse for a man, who at best is an incompetent do-gooder who almost lost his gun to a skinny teenage thug, or at worst, is a cold hearted killer of an innocent teen. Neither is going to get me to waste any energy hating him.
    edit on 12-7-2013 by IvanAstikov because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 07:17 AM
    link   
    You have got to be kidding me...

George Zimmerman is 5'7, Trayvon was 5'11. Those are facts. Things like the injuries to Zimmerman which the police documented when they first arrived (and later when they brought him to the police station) are facts. Things like this are facts:

How the media wants to portray Trayvon:

How the media doesn't want to portray Trayvon:

Or how about Zimmermans wounds which are not only consistent with his own testimony but with "ear witness" testimony (just as good as anyone elses in this case).

These are day after pics and can be corroborated with the police photos from the night of the incident.

There is NO way you can convict Zimmerman under florida's laws unless you have an agenda.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 07:20 AM
    link   

Originally posted by IvanAstikov

Nope. They are just blatantly obvious ones that you and others refuse to look at. I can understand a lawyer making excuses for the killing of a teenager - it's all in a day's work for them - but for anyone else, you need far better evidence than you've got to convince a reasonable person that Zimmerman killed him lawfully.

And I can argue you need far better evidence he didnt kill him lawfully.

Even there star witness is about as unrealible asyou can get.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 07:21 AM
    link   
    If anyone has any interest.....

Here is a link to the final jury instructions. (PDF posted on Scribd. 27 pages)

George Zimmerman Trial Final Jury Instructions

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 07:22 AM
    link   

George Zimmerman is 5'7, Trayvon was 5'11. Those are facts.

You left out a couple. Zimmerman was 204lb, Trayvon was 158lb. Now, explain what those facts tell you in a way that makes sense to people who've actually been in such situations as these 2 were.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 07:22 AM
    link   
    Hey I can find pics of people throwing up the middle finger all day...does that make them criminals or bad people??

And what's your point? Still ignoring the real facts...

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 07:23 AM
    link   
    reply to post by crazyewok

The "star witness" couldn't be budged on her core statement, no matter how much she was harrassed by a notably unsympathetic defence lawyer.

top topics

<< 239  240  241    243  244  245 >>

join