It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Zimmerman Trial

page: 222
<< 219  220  221    223  224  225 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by JuniorDisco
But without the gun the likelihood is that both of them would be at home right now.

You can't say that. Zimmerman was having his head bashed into the sidewalk. Do you understand what head injuries can do? Have you ever had a concussion? I have. It's, at the very least, life changing for the worse. At the most ... it can kill you ...

Despite your attempts to paint Martin as a gangster

MARTIN HIMSELF described himself as a thug/gangsta. MARTIN HIMSELF did that.
I don't have to 'attempt to paint' anything. He was what he was.

while Zimmerman's actual arrest for beating up policemen were just, y'know, um, him defending his buddy? Sheesh)

That's exactly what happened. And the undercover cops DROPPED THE CHARGES against Zimmerman. That was 8 years ago. SHEESH right back atchya.

I seriously doubt he would have beaten Zimmerman to death.

You have no way of knowing what that angry self described thug would have taken the fight to. He was trying to smash Zimmermans head into the sidewalk repeatedly. So there is no way that you can say, with any credibility, that he woiuldn't have beaten Zimmerman to death .

And since you don't actually know who started the fight,

NO ONE DOES. That's why it has to be 'not guilty'.
edit on 7/11/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by bbracken677

Originally posted by IvanAstikov
Taking out a gun and firing it at an attacker isn't fighting back, it's putting an end to a fight, or it should be if you are competent with your gun.

You have hit the nail on the head right there....

Someone may choose to start a fight, but it may not end the way they expect. Dont start the freaking fight!

I am 58, and I can tell you one thing, I am not wasting my breath duking it out with anyone...they want to start something? Fine...I will finish it.

See this is what I mean. This absolute certainty that the gun can solve this kind of problem in your favour. It reads like a powerless person fetishising a means to have some kind of control, any kind. Guns make you feel big and strong and warm in a frightening world, sure, (and perhaps that's what George felt, a little, as he puffed out of his truck) but they also inadvertently make that world much more fearsome.

Once the criminals know you are armed they tool up as well. And acting macho isn't going to so you much good when someone shoots you in the back. Far from making this sort of thing less likely, the Martin case is going to make real thugs more likely to kill you.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by JuniorDisco

Gangster thugs already have no problem spraying bullets......

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I didn't save any links.

The twitter search stream refreshes with about 20 new tweets containing "zimmerman" about once a minute. I'll grab some of the links when I see new ones pop up.

There are also a bunch of violence related stuff. "Somebody's gonna kill him, somebody snipe him, somebody beat him down, he's dead either way"......

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
PROSECUTION CLOSING STATEMENTS ...
Prosecution - "Martin is dead through no fault of his own" .....
Not true.
Prosecution - "Martin is dead because another man made assumptions and acted upon them" ...
Not true.
Prosecution - "(paraphrase) Martin is dead because Zimmerman didn't try to do CPR."
Zimmerman isn't required to and we don't know if he even knows how.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Once the criminals know you are armed they tool up as well.

I think it’s the other way around…

And acting macho isn't going to so you much good when someone shoots you in the back. Far from making this sort of thing less likely, the Martin case is going to make real thugs more likely to kill you.
Real thugs already kill people. They don’t often kill armed people though.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Really tugging at the heart strings. Can only hope that the jury sees through it.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Far from making this sort of thing less likely, the Martin case is going to make real thugs more likely to kill you.

That's why you take them out first.

Peace

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
PROSECUTION CLOSING STATEMENTS ...
Prosecution - "Martin is dead through no fault of his own" .....
Not true.
Prosecution - "Martin is dead because another man made assumptions and acted upon them" ...
Not true.
Prosecution - "(paraphrase) Martin is dead because Zimmerman didn't try to do CPR."
Zimmerman isn't required to and we don't know if he even knows how.

I like how the prosecution tried to get the 3rd degree murder/child abuse charge thrown into the mix and then referred to TM as a man multiple times in his statement so far.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
IIRC
GZ didn't say he killed someone as prosecution stated, he said tell his wife he shot someone.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by j.r.c.b.
reply to post by IvanAstikov

You make good sense here. The majority here is PRO-zim.....your not trolling, your disagreeing, which last I checked, is ALLOWED!! I love the fact that people want to ignore the Z family for lying to the court about the money they hid, & Georgie's sick past. Yet, lets all gang up on Trayvon, who lived only 17 yrs, was still a minor, definately was followed, scared, & probably thought zimmerman was a molester of some sort...wouldn't be the first time for Georgie boy.......it's called stranger danger, & we all, good parents teach our children to do whatever necessary to get away from the stranger........FYI- none of Georgie's DNA was found on trayvons hands, knuckles, shirt sleeves, & trayvons DNA was never found near the holster of that gun. O, but Georgie said Trayvon was reaching for it, so it must be true.....please......bottom line, zim had no reason to follow. None.

Bottom line: GZ is guilty of following TM.

TM, if he was what you described above, apparently forgot the part about getting away from the stranger and thought he was supposed to attack the stranger.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
No, his crime was felony assault.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

You can't say that. Zimmerman was having his head bashed into the sidewalk. Do you understand what head injuries can do? Have you ever had a concussion? I have. It's, at the very least, life changing for the worse. At the most ... it can kill you ...

Oh, dry your eyes. I've had concussion and it's not necessarily life changing at all. Yes, he could have had a bad head injury. Maybe. But you have no idea whether he would have died. What we can say with absolute certainty is that Martin is dead. So at best you have "might have died" versus "is dead".

Do you really think that 17 year old wannabes suddenly start beating people to death? It's seriously rare. I'm not saying it definitely wouldn't have happened - perhaps by accident - just that on the balance of probabilities it's not at all certain. And definitely not as certain as Martin's current condition.

MARTIN HIMSELF described himself as a thug/gangsta. MARTIN HIMSELF did that.
I don't have to 'attempt to paint' anything. He was what he was.

He was 17! With no convictions. He liked a smoke and he was probably on the rob a bit, maybe. But a gangster? If you believed everything every 17 year old said about themselves you'd have a lot of people with very exciting sex lives and dads who used to be in the SAS.

That's exactly what happened. And the undercover cops DROPPED THE CHARGES against Zimmerman. That was 8 years ago. SHEESH right back atchya.

So why is Martin's arrest that never happened more of an indictment than Zimmerman's arrest that did?

OH please. You have no way of knowing what that angry self described thug would have taken the fight to. He was trying to smash Zimmermans head into the sidewalk repeatedly. So there is no way that you can say, with any credibility, that he woiuldn't have beaten Zimmerman to death .

That's why I didn't say it. I just happen to know that it's remarkably rare for tough-talking kids to actually murder someone with their bare hands.

I also know that Martin is dead. On simple balance of probabilities, my scenario without the gun probably ends with both alive. Partly because I doubt little fatty George would have got out of the car.

NO ONE DOES. That's why it has to be 'not guilty'.
edit on 7/11/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

Most likely. But do you concede that if Zimmerman started the fight he also deserved to die? Because that's what a lot of people seem to say about Martin. Or are you only allowed to shoot people who attack you?

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Prosecutor is getting choked up while giving his speech ...

Giving the 'kid minding his own business, eating candy, walking home wearing a hoodie' ... talk.
So far, the prosecution hasn't said anything about Zimmerman breaking a law.
Just sort of degrading him .....

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Yeah, and those gun free zones like chicago and NYC prove that having no lawfully armed citizens makes gangster thugs stop spraying bullets. Oh, wait.....

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
Real thugs already kill people. They don’t often kill armed people though.

Plastic thugs usually don't. But I guess they'll probably start considering it now.

The point is, your country is a fantastically dangerous place to live. Either this is because it's full of people who want to kill each other, or because it's full of guns, or both. Either way more guns is unlikely to be the answer.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

I decided to see if I could find them using Topsy.com. (GREAT website for finding things related to twitter)

Topsy Search zimmerman+riot+tv

I wish I lived in Florida so I can get a free TV during the riot after Zimmerman walks. #zimmermantrial
--------

I'm ready for kneegrows to riot when Zimmerman gets off so I can snatch a 90 inch TV and grab some kicks from Footlocker
--------

And I will go to Best Buy and get me a TV for the freeski RT @JoJo_lOvEsU I'm seeing a Riot if Zimmerman isn't guilty

Just a few that showed up on the search.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Just sort of degrading him ..

The only ammo they have left because they have no proof. Paint him to be a bad person and hope the jury buys it.

Peace

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   

how can you revive someone via CPR when your heart has a bullet in it?

CPR wouldn't of done anything I think.

Prosecution is grasping at any straw they can find. Its sad that they're dragging this on.

top topics

<< 219  220  221    223  224  225 >>

join