It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Zimmerman Trial

page: 221
<< 218  219  220    222  223  224 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by OneisOne

Then today, many tweets on how even talking about the possibility of riots means you're a racist. And that people are just talking "big" and anyone taking them serious is a bigot.

or maybe
. I'm a little undecided, Let's just go with.

But I thought it was for us to judge people by their actions, not the color of their skin. If there are spontanious urban renewal projects. I will be judgeing them by their actions.

If not, then you can color me suprised.
Yet extremely happy.

I'm at the point where I am wondering how long it will take for this to show in print as everybody starts telling their stories. They always do it and some probably already have contracts to publish.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
We're back in the courtroom.....

Hope the judge does the right thing

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Denied

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Judge says 3rd degree murder is out.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Time Magazine called it...

Racial Fear Mongering

The article even goes on to state:

No one seems to be concerned about the possible violence of Zimmerman supporters if Zimmerman is convicted.

And yep.... That's a current twitter sentiment also...

So guilty or not.... there could be trouble.

(makes me concerned for "instigators" that just stir trouble so it can be blamed on "the other side")

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NO CHILD ABUSE CHARGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by MessOnTheFED!

Originally posted by ButterCookie

Originally posted by MessOnTheFED!
Just caught the last 2 minutes or so of the trial before they went and played on the playground. Are they changing the charges or something?

Looks like they are going to list 2nd Degree Murder on the charge list for the jury, but the list the lesser charges after it.

I hate that.

I think they should just go with the 'no seatbelt ticket' and be done with the whole thing already.

MOTF!

then they'll start with a new bumper sticker like the one that was out when bundy was alive.

"i'll buckle up when Zimmerman does"

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeaderOfProgress
I keep hoping that there is at least one gun owner in this jury so that they can cause a hung jury if the others buy into this "we will find something" joke of a court case.

I believe there are already several people on the jury who are members of gun-owning families. I seem to recall them discussing that again today on the MSM while there was nothing else to talk about.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeaderOfProgress

Originally posted by IvanAstikov
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Restraint would have been pistol-whipping him. A bullet to the heart is not restraint, by any stretch of the imagination. He'd supposedly just won his struggle for the gun and all he had to do was hold Trayvon at arm's length and tell him to ease off or die. He could have poked Trayvon in the face with the barrel or hammer-fisted the butt on his head. He didn't have to shoot him.

How about you just accept the fact that if you or any other tough guy decides it's ok to assault some one it can very well lead to your death. See no more need for all of the violence once people take into account that in using violence one may come to a violent end. It is not ok to assault people.

Violence should only be used against violence perpetrated against another. live by that mantra and suddenly there is no violence.....

AMEN!

Assaulting someone is not acceptable, and people truly need to understand that if you are going to break the law, and assault someone there are likely to be consequences of your actions.

That is the problem with many young people these days...they have been raised to believe there are no consequences for their actions. .

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
reply to post by TKDRL

I am hoping there is no violence as a result of this stupid case,

If he walks, expect violence. Not because of the decision, but because some will see it as an opportunity to do some bad things.

Peace

or to get some free merchandize.
just like in LA in 93

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
To those saying he could take on a 17 year old kid withou a gun....

Well Im 6 2" and around 240 pounds alot muscle and I am usless in hand to hand combat......

Give me a Knife or crossbow and you will be ending the week in a coffin but hand to hand? A 10 year old could kick my arse

edit on 11-7-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
So is she deciding on the lessers?

(Bosses walked by at work
)

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Ok....

Looks like second-degree murder, manslaughter (lesser charge) or not guilty will be the options.

And a note: The jury will not know possible sentences for the charges.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I missed something. 17 min after resuming another recess? What gives? Or is it somebody has been eating off the food truck to much.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie
He was already out of his truck when the call was made, and began to go back to it. Tryavon confronted him at this point, before he could make it back to the truck.

Actually based on the link provided by the OP Timeline of Events There is a link on that page titled "A Timeline of Events" and based on that timeline He was in his truck and according to the video of the dispatchers testimony posted by hounddoghowliehounddoghowlie

Originally posted by hounddoghowlie
thought i would post the dispatchers testimony.
at about the 4:43 mark is where he says it.

At 0.44 seconds into the video George Zimmerman provides the dispatcher with an address of 111 Retreat View Circle, the dispatcher then at the 1.21 mark requests clarification as to whether he was at 111 or 1111 Retreat View Circle, at which point Mr. Zimmerman clarified the address for the dispatcher by saying it was at the clubhouse which is located at 1111 Retreat View Circle. According to the above noted timeline he initiated the call at 7:11 and was in his truck at the clubhouse. The timeline then goes on to show that at 7:13 Mr. Zimmerman has driven his truck from 1111 Retreat View Circle to Twin Trees and parked in front of the mailboxes, it is at this point that Mr. Zimmerman informs the dispatcher that Martin is running away which is shortly before the 4:43 mark on the above video, when the dispatcher asks Mr. Zimmerman if he is following Martin and Zimmerman answers in the affirmative. At 7:16 or 7:17 the confrontation shows as commencing;

So based on the timeline and the dispatcher testimony, along with excerpts from Mr. Zimmerman's call to the dispatcher, he was in his truck when he placed the call at 7:11, he then drove to Twin Tree's in his truck and at 7:13 parked, informed the dispatcher Martin was running away and responded affirmatively when the dispatcher asked if he was following Martin. I'd like to note that listening to the video of the dispatcher's testimony one is able to hear in part of the call excerpt the truck door open just before the dispatcher asks him if he is following Martin, in fact that is brought up in the video the dispatcher is asked about the sound. Then within 3 to 4 minutes of him parking his truck in front of the mailboxes, getting out of his truck and starting to follow Martin at 7:16 or 7:17 the confrontation between the two occurs between the rows of buildings on Twin Trees and the further side of Retreat View Circle which is not near where he parked his truck. I'd like to point out that Mr. Zimmerman informed the dispatchers that the police could meet him parked in front of the mailboxes, by the end of the conversation with the dispatcher he changes his instructions requesting that they instead call him to determine his location when they arrived.

It seems clear that he was still in his truck when he placed the call. It is unclear at what point in those 3 to 4 minutes before the altercation occurred that he attempted to return to his truck.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by IvanAstikov
Taking out a gun and firing it at an attacker isn't fighting back, it's putting an end to a fight, or it should be if you are competent with your gun.

You have hit the nail on the head right there....

Someone may choose to start a fight, but it may not end the way they expect. Dont start the freaking fight!

I am 58, and I can tell you one thing, I am not wasting my breath duking it out with anyone...they want to start something? Fine...I will finish it.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by OneisOne
I've been following a twitter search on the word "zimmerman". Over the past few days I've seen many a tweet about "my riot wish-list". Pretty much, let's riot cause I want a 50" tv. I've seen several tweets that some plan to do something either way it goes.

I'd be interested to see all that. I think it speaks to this trial and what is surrounding it.
Do we have links to something that talk to the 'riot and looting' people are planning???
Thanks.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

That gun could easily have saved Zimmermans life.
Considering that the so-called 'kid' was beating the snot out of Zimmerman and all ....

Maybe. But without the gun the likelihood is that both of them would be at home right now. Despite your attempts to paint Martin as a gangster (an arrest was "just a matter of time", while Zimmerman's actual arrest for beating up policemen were just, y'know, um, him defending his buddy? Sheesh) I seriously doubt he would have beaten Zimmerman to death.

And since you don't actually know who started the fight, perhaps Zimmerman deserved to be beaten to death. Or is it just people with guns who are allowed to kill people for attacking them?

Obviously I'm being facetious. But this readiness to consign someone who was a teenager to an early grave because that's what he somehow "deserved" is pretty sad. A sign of a society that is trying to wrest some power back from a rudderless world. And it's guns which are the agency by which all you terrified Americans seem to want to do this. I just think it's a shame, really.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 218  219  220    222  223  224 >>

join