It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Zimmerman Trial

page: 217
<< 214  215  216    218  219  220 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracy nut
reply to post by FlyersFan

they told him not to follow him and he said ok. or does george have amnesia about that too? does he also have amnesia that a neighborhood watch person is not supposed to follow or carry a firearm? isn't that the excuse he has for being such a busy body, that he was neighborhood watch?

It is not against the law to follow someone. Also the dispatcher was a civilian, not a law officer, so if she told GZ not to follow, he had no obligation to do what she said.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
So let me get this straight....

Trayvon Martin was walking through a gated community...George Zimmerman decides to follow him while carrying a gun with him...the 911 dispatcher advises Zimmerman not to follow but he follows trayvon anyway...the two get into a fight...a fight that could have been prevented if Zimmerman had controlled himself and not followed martin. and now Trayvon martin is dead.

How George Zimmerman can claim he killed martin in self defense is beyond me really. It was him that instigated the fight and he ended the fight by killing Martin.

I hope they lock up this POS for a long time.

pretty much my sentiments. we are entitled to our opinions, if the jury finds him not guilty on all counts so be it. if he is convicted people on this thread will probably have a panic attack.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   

reply to post by FlyersFan

as neighborhood watch HE WAS ONLY SUPPOSED TO REPORT. HE WAS NEVER SUPPOSED TO FOLLOW OR BE ARMED!

Being part of neighborhood watch does not exclude you from legally carrying a firearm and he spotted a suspicious person while going to the store. He wasn’t patrolling the neighborhood as neighborhood watch. I am sure you knew this at some point but maybe you have amnesia.

It is not against the law to follow.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by conspiracy nut

retribution from what?
From the angry mobs threatening to riot if there is no conviction. We saw the same thing in reverse in the OJ trial…innocent verdict out of fear IMO.

every one posting in this thread knew all along that manslaughter would most likely be on the table.
I knew it too but I still have a problem with moving the goal post in the middle of the game. If the prosecution thought this was manslaughter then it shouldn’t have brought murder charges.

if the jury finds him guilty of manslaughter so be it. trayvon would never been killed if it wasn't for zimmermans negligent actions.
It’s not negligence to defend yourself.

he never should have followed trayvon, he did his neighborhood watch duties and called the police. he should have let the police do their job and checked out the "suspicious" person. they would have found trayvon, realized he was unarmed and not committing any crime and went about there way. instead he was emboldened by his gun that gave him the guts to play super hero and go and look for trayvon even after the police dispatcher told him not to follow trayvon. neighborhood watch members are not supposed to follow and they are not supposed to be armed.
He was under no obligation to stop following…this is still a free country (I think).

my opinion has always been that zimmerman should be charged with manslaughter. i will respect the jurys decision in that it could be argued, although i dont believe so, that zimmerman feared that he was going to be "beaten to death" and acted in self defense that he had to kill trayvon or be killed himself
My opinion has always been that no charges should have been filed and that certain groups (including Eric Holder’s DOJ) put pressure on the state to bring these trumped up charges.

edit on 11-7-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   

HE WAS NEVER SUPPOSED TO FOLLOW OR BE ARMED!

But he had that right under the law at the time.

If your going allow guns and conceal carry then you cant make exceptions. He had that right to carry he was attacked and he used that legaly owend gun.

To me it fits under the law.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

oh yeah he was "going to the store" where is the map that shows that the gated neighborhood was on his route to and from the store?

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Ummmmm, he lives in that gated community

edit on Thu, 11 Jul 2013 10:29:38 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Can you prove he wasn't and wasn't the community where he lived? Wouldn't HIS community be part of any rout to or from the store?

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by beatbox
Why is it that a majority of of those who think this dude is innocent is white? But it's not race related?

Oh please. You didn't really think this one through didn't you? You wanna make this about race so bad, so how about this:
There are plenty of white people who support TM's version while there aren't black people who support GZ.
The vast majority of black people support TM who is also black.
You know what, this is so pathetic I can't even let myself go on. Hopefully you get the point.

*Strike one (I'll address the strike part in the end of my post)

Why is it okay to stump on the civil right of a young black man who was simply walking home one night?

Following a suspect as a part of a neighborhood watch guy's job is not "stumping on civil rights". If *someone* wouldn't have lashed out in aggression this whole incident wouldn't have happened.
Lots of people are being investigated in the streets and the fact they are going somewhere (eg; their home) isn't even a factor.

*Strike two

Why is it okay for Zimmerman to shoot this kid out of protection, but it's not okay for the young man to protect himself?

Because the young man did not have to protect himself. Zimmerman did not immediatly threaten the young man or pulled out a gun on him. It's one thing to defend yourself and quite another to hide from someone only to ambush him after some time.

Why is it okay to paint this 17 year old as a weed smoking thug, but not okay to paint Zimmerman with the title of a grown repeated offender?

I'm not sure why are you saying this especially because George's past have been brought up to discussion numerous times while TM's past is forbidden from mentioning in trial.
I think you are angry enough to let the facts confuse you.

Why are we letting White America dictate to us what is and what is not acceptable behavior of our young black youth?

Nobody's dictating anything. Acceptable behavior is expected out of every race and citizen.

*Strike three and four

Why isn't there more protection for the innocent and all the protection in the world for the guilty.

Again, please elaborate.

If aqquited what message is this really sending to black America? That we can change gun laws when some madman shoots up a school full of white children, but look the other way when a madman shoots a black kid down in the streets, because the gunman didn't feel he belonged there.........further more the young man deserved to be questioned by the gunman because his actions of being in the wrong place at the wrong time were more then enough reason for him to die........

He didn't shoot him because he thought he didn't belong there. He followed him due to him acting suspiciously and ended up shooting him in order to save his own life from being beaten to death. Take this into consideration and your entire rant is void.

Strike five and six by the way.

Now for the Strike thing;
Have you noticed how hard you try yourself to make it a race thing (bolded in each of your quotes) while accusing everyone else of being racist, whites supporting GZ because he's white, what message are we sending black America(??) etc.
How about you try addressing this as a person 1 and person 2 incidnet instead of insisting this is a white man-black man issue?

This is not uncommon, especially for the people who complain about racism. This should be your mirror - you accuse people of being a racist (with baseless accusation) while obviously doing so in a racist manner yourself. How can you even not see it is beyond me.

Now ask yourself this; would this case even bother you if it was involving two black men? What about two white men? I think we both know the answer and don't even try fooling yourself here because you aren't fooling anyone.

I'm sorry for the hostile approach but seriously I am getting frustrated by people who try their hardest to make this a race issue while accusing others of doing so.
edit on 11-7-2013 by InstantRemedy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
he lives in that gated community of 3 streets but doesn't know the streets?

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Maybe he is like me. I don't think in street names. I can't tell you the names of streets, I think in terms of landmarks. Maybe that makes me stupid, and maybe you will laugh, go ahead. I will say "Turn at the town hall", I couldn't tell you the name of the road.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
There is nothing to 'think about' regarding the Child Abuse charge...

HE DIDN'T KNOW THIS WAS A CHILD!

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   

I know the street I live on but do not care about the names of the others in my neighborhood. I see 0 point in memorizing them.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
that is a joke, i could name all the streets in my immediate neighborhood. you guys just want to believe everything zimmerman says no matter what, even though he gave numerous inconsistent statements, like trayvon jumped out of the bushes and travon said whats your problem homey?

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
So let me get this straight....

Trayvon Martin was walking through a gated community...George Zimmerman decides to follow him while carrying a gun with him...the 911 dispatcher advises Zimmerman not to follow but he follows trayvon anyway...the two get into a fight...a fight that could have been prevented if Zimmerman had controlled himself and not followed martin. and now Trayvon martin is dead.

How George Zimmerman can claim he killed martin in self defense is beyond me really. It was him that instigated the fight and he ended the fight by killing Martin.

I hope they lock up this POS for a long time.

pretty much my sentiments. we are entitled to our opinions, if the jury finds him not guilty on all counts so be it. if he is convicted people on this thread will probably have a panic attack.

DIdnt GZ say that TM saw his gun during the struggle and said "you gonna die tonight"? If so GZ grab his gun to save himself. And perhaps he shot to save himself and get TM off of him. Maybe he didnt shot to kill, but just to save himself. If I was fight someone and they suddenly had access to a gun and told me I was going to die I would get the gun myself and do what I need to do in order to live.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Congratulations, I have zero reason to know all the names of the roads around mine. Like I said, if I give directions I will tell you where to turn, not what road to turn onto.

link   

they keep saying that following is not illegal, but as a neighborhood watch person zimmerman was not supposed to be following especially while armed.

Depending upon context, "following" can be a crime:

784.048 Stalking; definitions; penalties.—

2) A person who willfully, maliciously, and repeatedly follows, harasses, or cyberstalks another person commits the offense of stalking, a misdemeanor of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.

(3) A person who willfully, maliciously, and repeatedly follows, harasses, or cyberstalks another person and makes a credible threat to that person commits the offense of aggravated stalking, a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.

www.leg.state.fl.us.../0784/Sections/0784.048.html

Without a doubt in my mind, GZ is guilty of #2. IMO, like a predator, GZ profiled, stalked and killed his prey.

link   
i can live with myself whether zimmerman gets convicted or not, some people on here sound like they are the ones that will be rioting if he gets convicted. i think you guys might have the super hero wannabe cop gene in you and i hope if he is found not guilty it doesn't open up the floodgates for zimmerman wannabes to go out taking the law into their own hands following people who are not in fact committing crimes.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Good for you but you are the exception not the rule. Maybe you never leave your neighborhood but when I go out I drive out of my neighborhood to other places.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   

that is a joke, i could name all the streets in my immediate neighborhood. you guys just want to believe everything zimmerman says no matter what, even though he gave numerous inconsistent statements, like trayvon jumped out of the bushes and travon said whats your problem homey?

I bought a couch this week from someone, and only after putting his address on the GPS I realized he's living 50m from my house.

I just don't get why are the most basic stuff so hard for you to understand.

Actually, I do get it. You're thinking with your emotions and not your brain.

i can live with myself whether zimmerman gets convicted or not, some people on here sound like they are the ones that will be rioting if he gets convicted. i think you guys might have the super hero wannabe cop gene in you and i hope if he is found not guilty it doesn't open up the floodgates for zimmerman wannabes to go out taking the law into their own hands following people who are not in fact committing crimes.

I can vouch for myself here;
I generally dislike the police, I dislike the concept like neighborhood watch, I don't relate to GZ in any way, I don't know whether he is a great person, I don't think he is handsome and generally he is as far from a hero character to me than TM was.

Ther problem is that you and the vast majority of TM automatic supporters immediatly make a hero, a martyr, a murdered innocent saint out of TM for no apparent reason. You don't know him nor do you know GZ and you have already let yourself decide what kind of people they were.
edit on 11-7-2013 by InstantRemedy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 214  215  216    218  219  220 >>

join