It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Zimmerman Trial

page: 215
<< 212  213  214    216  217  218 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Why are some people STILL trying to make this about race? Specifically a white black issue.

George is Hispanic. Do these people who want to make it a white black issue think anyone with light skin color are white?

That is racism itself and it is idiotic.

Maybe if George had gotten a tan before his picture was posted this case wouldn't have happened.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Exactly. They cannot even bring it up, because there is no evidence of it. Shouldn't even be on the table. They are reaching.......
edit on Thu, 11 Jul 2013 09:52:59 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

I just heard the judge is going to allow a manslaughter charge.

Nothing like moving the goal post in the middle of the game. I knew this would happen. The jury will likely feel pressured to give him manslaughter for fear of retribution.

Very sad....

Im actually agreeing with you on something
Hell must be about to freeze over

Talk about back tracking and trying to cover there rear ends

Guess they are desprate to make there sacrifice on the alter of social appeasment

edit on 11-7-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-7-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

The whole thing should have been thrown out from the beginning. This lesser charges fiasco is proof the State had no case and this was political wreaking of " get a conviction on something at all costs".
We should all be disgusted with how this case was brought to trial.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

retribution from what? every one posting in this thread knew all along that manslaughter would most likely be on the table. if the jury finds him guilty of manslaughter so be it. trayvon would never been killed if it wasn't for zimmermans negligent actions. he never should have followed trayvon, he did his neighborhood watch duties and called the police. he should have let the police do their job and checked out the "suspicious" person. they would have found trayvon, realized he was unarmed and not committing any crime and went about there way. instead he was emboldened by his gun that gave him the guts to play super hero and go and look for trayvon even after the police dispatcher told him not to follow trayvon. neighborhood watch members are not supposed to follow and they are not supposed to be armed.

my opinion has always been that zimmerman should be charged with manslaughter. i will respect the jurys decision in that it could be argued, although i dont believe so, that zimmerman feared that he was going to be "beaten to death"
and acted in self defense that he had to kill trayvon or be killed himself

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Hmmm....state does poor job with trial so it will try to make a conviction by manipulating the jury instructions?

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by howmuch4another

I agree. This trial will show up on a South Park episode. Mark my words.

It really seems that "outside influences" are at work in this case, which is very scary.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
They are trying to change the legal meaning of provoke.....
Carrying a firearm, is not a threat of force.....

Wow, denied. I am shocked.
edit on Thu, 11 Jul 2013 10:03:15 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by RUFFREADY

Or Simpsons...

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   
They are trying to set a dangerous precedent if they succeed people will be getting attacked all across the country for simply walking in the same direction.

--------------------

The court denied it. Good.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Help me out someone...what was it that the judge just denied to the state?

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

Yes, that was a blow to the prosecution.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

or wannabe super hero cops will go out profiling and shooting people dead then claiming self defense.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Florida Statutes Third Degree Murder
The State is trying to push third degree murder under - Aggravated child abuse.
For it to be aggravated child abuse, the person has to know that it's a child.
(that's what the TV news is saying).
And there is no way Zimmerman knew Martin .. who was 5'11 ... was a child.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by RUFFREADY
This trial will show up on a South Park episode. .

Oh man .... I'd love that. South Park has the best episodes. They always get to the truth of something and they say it in such a way that you can't help but see the point. It's all crass and irreverent of course .. but man I love South Park.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
they keep saying that following is not illegal, but as a neighborhood watch person zimmerman was not supposed to be following especially while armed.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by conspiracy nut

Arbitrary club rules do not, nor will they ever overrule any constitutional right.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracy nut
they keep saying that following is not illegal, but as a neighborhood watch person zimmerman was not supposed to be following especially while armed.

The instructions he got from dispatch were 'let us know what else he does' (paraphrase). So in order to do that, ZImmerman would have to follow him and observe. And none of that changes the fact that he was NOT breaking the law by following Martin. Lead Detective Serino stated that in sworn testimony.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
OMG ..... the judge is now telling the defense that they have to come up with a law that lets people follow others. WTH??? That's backwards. The prosecution needs to come up with a law that says that it's against the law to follow someone.

Man ... this sour puss is bending over backwards for the state ....

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
WOW!!

The judge did NOT call that right!!

If it is unlawful to follow someone, THERE MUST BE STATUTE!

She knows that the state cannot provide such statue, yet, she does not want to include in the jury instructions.

top topics

<< 212  213  214    216  217  218 >>

join