It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Zimmerman Trial

page: 193
<< 190  191  192    194  195  196 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by HomeBrew

How the jury decides to decipher the evidence is their job, if they decide that Zimmermans testimony is simply not beyond a shadow of doubt, supporting evidence is inconclusive, and are left with only one undisputable fact, that he killed Martin, then they are well within their rights to find guilty.

This is backwards...the burden of proof is on the prosecution, period. Zimmerman must PROVE nothing. It is still innocent until proven guilty, right?
If there is a shadow of a doubt then the verdict is innocent.

Sheesh!!

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
MAy I use your doll please? LMAO

The doll is the most interesting part of this testimony. This guy has been on all morning.
This is his first time testifying in a case like this. It's been a long time on the stand for
a first time. (I wonder if the jury is still awake??)

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I am pretty sure they are awake now, the defense attorney is very energetic lol

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

I don’t think they are crucial to the defense but they are more like icing on the cake.

----------------

BTW have you noticed that 99% of the TM supporters have stopped posting anything about this case. They were all so sure he was guilty and talked so much smack now they are nowhere to be found.

Especially the ones that were making this out to be about race.

It is about race, like it or not.

Had this been black on black crime it would have been lost in the hundreds of killings each day in the country and would not have seen the light of day on the news networks. The media and the black community "leaders" made it racial.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Instead of using that dummy, I think those attorneys should just wrestle it out.

That would perfectly demonstrate what the witness is trying to say.

Plus it would be way more interesting......

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soloprotocol
Just something for those who say the gunshot residue on the clothing and chest indicates that Trayvon was on top to consider.
Is it possible that the reason for the clothing not to be in contact with his skin when the shot was fired is because Zimmerman had a hold of the Jacket and was pulling it away from Trayvon when he pulled the trigger.

In a fight you get hold of whatever you can to gain the upper hand....Just a small observation that some of you seem to have overlooked.

Then the bullet hole in the shirt would have been lower, no? Consider the position of the bullet hole in the clothing when someone is over you and the clothing is hanging down, vs standing up and someone is pulling the clothing down. There would be a significant difference in position of the hole.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
they just showed a shot of the prosecutors, the bald guy and the pretty boy.
the bald guy was holding a legal pad in front of his face, and when he put it down he continued to talk and you could tell he was pissed about something.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

They've been snotty and uptight all this week. On Monday the prosecution came in and their voices were raised and a few times they even laughed at the witness'. On Tuesday the prosecution acted like they had given up. Today they are being weenies. That's the best description.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

I also know Rick Scott is a slime bag, and that Obama was appealing to his fan club that thinks he's a messiah, and that he shouldn have taken a side on a racial issue. Especially with no facts.

I guess, though, that I didn't consider how far up the commands for a special prosecutor came from.

What do the facts matter to these people? Facts are just minor annoyances....Thank God there is a jury involved, and not up to politicians who would have voted GZ guilty already.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I think aquittal, but then, because of knowing the background of the corruption that is going on, I would not be surprised if he got convicted to just have it quietly overturned.

The concerns over rioting speak loudly, and the WH carries a lot of weight. If you have missed my articles and posts, and you might be intetested to go back a few pages and browse what I posted overnight. There is an article I found from Investor's Business Daily about the corruption in Florida.

The fact that exculpatory evidence has been withheld is making headlines nationally now, and the article traces it all the way to Obama. It is an interesting read. It has everything to do with this trial, as well.

edit on 10-7-2013 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
If the glove doesn't fit, you must acquit.....

Crap, wrong decade.

If the gunshot is 90 degrees, you must release....

This trial is obtuse.

MOTF!

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Just wanted to bump my post from a page or two back..

this was very relevent to today's cross-examine:

the Prosecution is ttrying to go somewhere with this "90 degree angle" thing, but he CAN"T.

He is sitting straight up on te mannequin, but trying to assert that Martin was 'getting off' of Zimmerman, that he would be at a 90 degree angle. WRONG. He is sitting at 180 degrees, and FOUGHT him at a 90 degree angle, exactly where the evidence places him.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

They've been snotty and uptight all this week. On Monday the prosecution came in and their voices were raised and a few times they even laughed at the witness'. On Tuesday the prosecution acted like they had given up. Today they are being weenies. That's the best description.

i noticed that too. i think they know that they are gonna lose and want this to be over and are subconsciously, letting their frustrations be known and taking it out on the witnesses.

plus they also know that there going be known in the PC circles as the one who let GZ win. not a very good carrier move in those circles.
edit on 10-7-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
If the race riots they were hoping to incite actually happen, their lives could be in danger from the angry mob too, a lot more worrying to me than a career down the pooper.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by IvanAstikov
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

One could equally say that George's testimony/witness statements were tailored to what he knew could have been witnessed, and any surprise witnesses that came forward he could claim were mistaken, as it was too dark to see anything clearly.

Wow...can you say :"Grasping at straws?"

Perhaps a 3rd person ran up while GZ was dazed, grabbed the gun, shot TM, shoved the gun into GZ's hand and then ran away.... yeah...that could happen.

Perhaps TM was winded from running and bent over when suddenly GZ runs up and placed the gun under TM and pulls the trigger, then he drops on the ground and intentionally bounces his head off the concrete a few times to simulate a beating. It could happen!!

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
The screams for help started WELL before the gun came out......

How do you know exactly what moment the gun came out? I hope it's not because George said so. John Good doesn't help you either, as it was too dark to see what George was doing with his hands. Good certainly doesn't describe them as being busy fending off Trayvon's attack.

And, before you go, "but...but...George knows the law and wouldn't take his gun out," bear in mind that he's talked himself out of some sticky situations already, so if the cops had came while George was holding an unresisting Trayvon at gunpoint, when they turned up, he would have just put his gun away and called Trayvon a liar.
edit on 10-7-2013 by IvanAstikov because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by bbracken677

Grasping at straws is when you steal a dead teenager's screams to try and get out of a situation of your own making.

edit on 10-7-2013 by IvanAstikov because: (no reason given)

link   
This is the first time I seen this.....

How is this guy even on trial????

There is so much reasonable doubt ( I take it in US Law that applies ?)I dont see how anyone could find him guilty

The only witness that really backs the prosceution is Rachel Jeantel and she is about as biased and unreliable a witness as you can get......

There is to much ambiguity in the evidence for any sane person to say guilty.

link   
More information, for those interested, on lesser included charges:

www.husseinandwebber.com...

Culpable Negligence Under Florida Law

How is Culpable Negligence Defined Under Florida Law?
As defined under Florida case law and the Florida Standard Jury Instructions, “Culpable
Negligence” is a course of conduct showing reckless disregard for human life, or for the safety of
persons exposed to its dangerous effects, or such an entire want of care as to raise a presumption
of conscious indifference to consequences, or which shows wantonness, recklessness, or a
grossly careless disregard for the safety and welfare of others.

Under Section 784.05, Florida Statutes, the crime of Culpable Negligence consists of two elements:
(1) the accused exposed a person to personal injury or inflicted personal injury on that person, and
(2) the accused did so with “culpable negligence.” If the incident of Culpable Negligence involves a
child gaining access to firearms (a third degree felony), it must also be shown that the accused
stored or left the loaded firearm within the reach or easy access of the minor.

www.leg.state.fl.us.../0782/Sections/0782.07.html

782.07 Manslaughter; aggravated manslaughter of an elderly
person or disabled adult; aggravated manslaughter of a child;
aggravated manslaughter of an officer, a firefighter, an emergency
medical technician, or a paramedic.—

(snip)

(3) A person who causes the death of any person under the age
of 18 by culpable negligence under s. 827.03(2)(b) commits
aggravated manslaughter of a child, a felony of the first degree,
punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.

So you see, under Florida law, manslaughter is not even an available charge. Trayvon was under the age of 18, as pointed out before, he cannot become an adult for the convenience of a conviction.

As this charge is very specific, and not definitively outlined in the face of the indictment, it may not be included in the schedule of lesser charges, per se. It may be a prosecutorial error. It may or may not have remedy, but at this point, the language cannot be changed.

What you see in testimony today is the prosecution attempting to bring in wrecklessness with a firearm, help culpable negligence, so it may be possible they are reaching for this charge, coupled with a firearm charge, would actually result in more time than a murder 2 conviction.

edit on 10-7-2013 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by IvanAstikov

So you actually believe, Zimmerman pulled the gun, grabbed him, then ordered him on top, beat his own head off the pavement, and his nose was accidentally broken from Martin flailing to get away and screaming for help? Is this really what you are thinking? And I thought I was good at thinking of conspiracy theories.

edit on Wed, 10 Jul 2013 11:32:31 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 190  191  192    194  195  196 >>

join