It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Zimmerman Trial

page: 191
<< 188  189  190    192  193  194 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
This guy has credentials oozing from every orifice. There's probably nothing he doesn't know about every self-defence situation. After his impressive presentation the state is just going to ask him "Did you see this fight?"

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by IvanAstikov
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

I've listened to GZ say a lot of things and I don't believe a word that comes out of his mouth anymore, unless it is corroborated by at least one independent witness. Mrs Dillgard says quite clearly in her testimony that the truck was parked south of Lauer's condo at one point, but then agrees with O Mara that it was parked more north near the curve. Either way, it is one more location for Zimmerman's vehicle which George has already had 2 attempts at remembering. The obvious thing to take from all this is that George's memory is so unreliable, it's a mystery why would anyone trust him to account for anything in an accurate manner.

ps. If you listen to Mrs Dillgards's testimony in full, what she actually agrees to is, IF Lauer's condo faces Retreat View Circle, George's vehicle would be to the right. Problem is, Lauer's front door faces the other way.

edit on 10-7-2013 by IvanAstikov because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-7-2013 by IvanAstikov because: (no reason given)

i showed you exactly that it was parked in the grass just like you asked me in the post i responded to, and GZ and the witness said.

man just give it up. three times, no make that four times, i showed you that the witness corroborated GZ story.
and yet you keep on pulling, the same old tired old tricks.

it is well known by police, lawyers judges, and yes even regular every day people on the street that there will be inconsistencies in statements people make whether it is immediately after or some time later after a event happens. what they look for is overall consistencies in the narrative. which in all but a few, everyone backs GZ to some point or the other.

just so you know in my last reply to you, i miss typed to the left in my reply to you, should have said right, look at the video, at the 5:16 mark you can see a real good shot of Lauer"s Front door and just to the front right of the door a bush / small tree and last the garage door.
you yourself said " GM" should have been able to see the address" in one of your posts pages back, i will go and pull them again if you want.

so if you turn your self around and face out of the video, if you were standing in the front door, GZ truck would be to the right of her house parked on the grass in front of the sign. and it wouldn't matter if the house did face the other way or not, if you come out the front door the truck would still be to the right.

Now if her door faces the other way, wouldn't her address be facing the other way also. i know around my area they don't put addresses on the back of a house they put them in front.

so this is the fifth and final time, i've shown your little views to be absolutely wrong on this point time to move on.
edit on 10-7-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by IvanAstikov

ZZZZZ ... he's relating his entire resume. Self promoting. I get that he's supposed to come across as smart in his field ... but I've lost interest.

Note to the defense witness ... We get it .. you da' man .. get to the point guys ...

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Is this a testimony or an infomercial lmao.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
Is this a testimony or an infomercial lmao.

It's almost too bad we can't see the jury right now. I'd be taking bets on how many are doodling in their pads; yawning their hearts out; or just plain dozing off. They were told yesterday that the defense would finish today, but then they are subjected to this. What a let down!

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

You obviously know little about the amateur mma activities that have become popular as a result of the growing mainstream presence of the UFC. Teens from all backgrounds are trying to copy fighters like George St Pierre, Cain Velasquez and Jon Bones Jones, but most of them don't have the money to be paying for professional training, so they do it at a more basic level of ability, while trying to copy the standards of the official fighting bodies. Some of these groups are more successful than others and could even attract a paying audience if they could afford to get licenses and pay for all the health and safety back ups. Just because these participants like fighting, this in no way indicates that they are much more likely than a non-fighting person to attack a stranger, it just makes them more likely to be effective if it happened. Someone who is totally opposed to the idea of fighting someone their own size might be perfectly capable of attacking a female, for instance.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   

I repeat. Getting into fights so much that a person on the other end of the phone shrugs it off as 'just another fight' is NOT appropriate behavior. It's not what the majority of 17 year olds do. It's not healthy. It's not what good future adult citizens do. It's aggressive and not balanced. It's not just 'boys being boys'.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Florida Involuntary Manslaughter Laws

When a homicide, the killing of a human being, does not meet the legal definition of murder, Florida state laws allow a prosecutor to consider a manslaughter charge. The state establishes two types of manslaughter: voluntary and involuntary. While voluntary manslaughter describes an intentional act performed during a provocation or heat of passion, involuntary manslaughter does not require an intent to kill or even an intent to perform that act resulting in the victim's death.

To establish involuntary manslaughter, the prosecutor must show that the defendant acted with "culpable negligence." Florida statutes define culpable negligence as a disregard for human life while engaging in wanton or reckless behavior. The state may be able to prove involuntary manslaughter by showing the defendant's recklessness or lack of care when handling a dangerous instrument or weapon, or while engaging in a range of other activities that could lead to death if performed recklessly.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Oh well now I see why he was called, even though he is not allowed to make a judgement call on justified shooting or not. He may not be able to say yes or no, but he is painting a hell of a picture for the jury to consider.
edit on Wed, 10 Jul 2013 09:24:03 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Witness has just admitted that Trayvon, had he been beating George in self-defence, would have been almost out of gas 10 seconds before he got shot. Way to go, George - he'd almost spent all his energy and you shot the life out of the rest of it.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   

No he didn't........ He said if you haven't won in 30 seconds, change tactics.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

That's right. Trayvon saw that his wild flailing at this guy who was holding onto his hoody and had caused them to both slip on the wet grass and land in a heap on the ground, wasn't working and tried to withdraw at that point, and George held onto his clothing and shot him.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Lol good one......
He was being held down, and big Trayvon couldn't just shrug out of his baggy hoodie? Where is the extreme stretching and ripping in that thin material?
edit on Wed, 10 Jul 2013 09:53:35 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   

reply to post by TKDRL

That's right. Trayvon saw that his wild flailing at this guy who was holding onto his hoody and had caused them to both slip on the wet grass and land in a heap on the ground, wasn't working and tried to withdraw at that point, and George held onto his clothing and shot him.

That's just speculation.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
"Carrying one that isn't ready to fire - why carry it?"

Say that when you've shot your teenage son who was trying to sneak back in the house one night.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I have not followed the case as closely as I wished I could, so if this has been ask before let me know the answer.
As I understand things, GZ was on the ground on his back. Martin was astradle of him with one knee on either side. Martin's knees would have been at or above GZ's waist line in order to have the leverage and range to reach GZ's head.
Zimmerman has shown how he had his weapon holstered at his waist and slightly behind his back. He also said he was wearing a jacket, which likely covered the weapon.
I would like to know how Martin was able to see the weapon in it's holster, possibly under GZ's jacket once they were on the ground? I would also like to know how GZ managed to pull the weapon from it's holster under his body, regardless of his jacket's position, past Martin's knees and shoot him? Could it be GZ was carrying his weapon in his hand and behind him to hide it? If a person is walking around with a gun in their hand, they are usually looking for a reason to use it. This would discredit much of his defense from my point of view.
One witness claimed a person could live @10 -20 seconds after their heart was ripped out. I have cut an enemies throat in combat and they died right away. I would think the sudden drop of blood pressure from such a massive blood loss would negate any "reserves" which may be held in the brain. A gun shot to the chest should be very similar. I do not consider this witness statements very credible.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Wow prosecutor is being a total dick. Like his experts weren't paid and have their face on the TV right?
edit on Wed, 10 Jul 2013 10:08:54 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by teamcommander

Funny, I have seen video of people's throats cut and they were still alive for quite a while.......

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   

reply to post by Libertygal

Angela Corey was confident her charges would bring about a plea bargain. She did not expect him to fight this, and thought the threat of prosecution from the State Department would be enough to intimidate.

In most cases this would be enough to get a person to face the consequences of their actions, but Corey had never met George Zimmerman before and didn't know how in denial of his own faults he is. He'd rather put the state through a costly circus extravaganza than admit that he did the slightest thing wrong on that evening. We are dealing with a guy who thinks it was God's Plan™ for him to shoot a teenager in the heart, instead of ignore his paranoia and carry on to Target.

In most cases this would be enough to get a person to face the consequences of their actions

in most casees this would not be a state forced, Political Correct Race Baiting consequence. if crump, msm, sharpton, jackson black panthers. eric holder, and obama hadn't been involved, this would have never come to trial and would have been filed as what it was a self defense case.

but Corey had never met George Zimmerman before and didn't know how in denial of his own faults he is

you should have stated that she didn't know, how adamant he was to his right todefend himself, and he would deny that he was wrong for doing that. she thought she was going to bully him into accepting a deal and it came back and bit her on the butt, and had no choice but to go ahead with such a weak case.

He'd rather put the state through a costly circus extravaganza than admit that he did the slightest thing wrong on that evening.

and most people would rather to put the state through a costly circus extravaganza, to defend their right to defend themselves against a Political Correct Race Baiting circus. and the right to defend ones self from a would be attacker.

We are dealing with a guy who thinks it was God's Plan™ for him to shoot a teenager in the heart

yes this is something he said, but he didn't say as God told to find TM and shoot him in the heart, or any teenager/ young adult for that matter.. i think he said this as a way to reconcile in his own mind what had just happened. there are plenty of people who have faith in God that say this to try and settle something in there mind as to why something that doesn't make sense.

instead of ignore his paranoia and carry on to Target

please show me where any testimony, statements, or any other verifiable facts that he is paranoid. there has been nothing brought into any testimony tyo support this statement. now if your parroting something some msm talking head has said. well to me thats just blah , blah. bah. nothing to it, but pandering for ratings.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by teamcommander
One witness claimed a person could live @10 -20 seconds after their heart was ripped out. I have cut an enemies throat in combat and they died right away. I would think the sudden drop of blood pressure from such a massive blood loss would negate any "reserves" which may be held in the brain. A gun shot to the chest should be very similar. I do not consider this witness statements very credible.

I watched that testimony yesterday. The witness was Dr. Di Maio, a forensic pathologist. What he stated was a person *could* be able to move and talk for a minium of 10-15 seconds after the heart stops. The reason why was the oxygen reserve in the brain. And take note that is a *could*, not a 100% every single time. He stated everyone is different, so some may just pass out immediately.

Part 1 of 3 of his testimony, if you would like to view it.

edit on 10-7-2013 by OneisOne because: typo

new topics

top topics

<< 188  189  190    192  193  194 >>

join