It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Zimmerman Trial

page: 182
<< 179  180  181    183  184  185 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
there may not be anything illegal about following someone in your neighborhood but george was neighborhood watch and they are not supposed to follow, plus following someone is creepy and a 17 year old kid is gonna feel fear, fight or flight, trayvon decided to fight. if anything trayvon was STANDING HIS GROUND.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   

If George did park it where he said in the re-enactment, have you not wondered why he wouldn't have drove even closer to the start of the dog-path, before he jumped out to keep an eye on Trayvon in order to try to pinpoint his location for the police?

If a person is trying to watch where someone walks off, it might make sense to get out and try to keep the person in sight.

Starting and moving a vehicle around might easily cause the driver to lose sight because of operating the vehicle requires watching other places as the vehicle moves. Especially if it must be turned around in the opposite direction. If the person is not on a road then following with a vehicle isn't possible.

Of course if the truck was pointed in the direction the person walked and the person is on a road, moving the vehicle up might be an option.
edit on 7/9/2013 by roadgravel because: typo

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracy nut
there may not be anything illegal about following someone in your neighborhood but george was neighborhood watch and they are not supposed to follow, plus following someone is creepy and a 17 year old kid is gonna feel fear, fight or flight, trayvon decided to fight. if anything trayvon was STANDING HIS GROUND.

Exactly.

And that's how it ended up that Trayvon was shot; he decided to fight a person.

It is not 'standing your ground' if you assault a person just because you don't like them looking at you.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

he wasn't just looking at trayvon he was following him and never announced himself as neighborhood watch.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
State needs to ask this witness how many other potential outcomes he tested for. There might not be an infinite amount of variables, but there are certainly other scenarios he should have tried before he put all his weight behind the one the defence wants to hear.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie

Exactly.

And that's how it ended up that Trayvon was shot; he decided to fight a person.

It is not 'standing your ground' if you assault a person just because you don't like them looking at you.

Exactly...

that argument that Trayvon was standing his ground by beating up someone who he felt was following him is absurd...

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by IvanAstikov

The prosecuter actually asked the ME that indirectly, and the ME answered that he only made a test to see if GZ's version could be true.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by IvanAstikov

if you watch and listen to the reenactment at about the 3:24 mark to the 3:29 mark.
you hear GZ say i parked right in front of that sign, and the cop says in front of the ford truck.

then GZ explains a little more, then they get out and if you watch the whole time they are walking and you can see the sign in the distance in the grass, and at the 5:22 mark there is no denying that there is a sign on the grass at the begining of the sidewalk/ dog walk.

so yea she corroborated everything GZ said

edit on 9-7-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by conspiracy nut

following some one once with out there being a pattern of it is not illegal why cant you seem to grasp logic?

following is not illegal ill say it again following some one especially once is not nor will it most likely ever be illegal

for example i sure dont like it when cops follow me in my car,it some times creeps me out.by your logic id be within my rights to either hit the cop or get him arrested for creeping me out? kinda glad the world don't work like that

you know what is illegal? hitting some one in the face for following you,its also a pretty bad idea as hitting random people can often at least in this country lead to you getting shot in the heart or other less savory places

you can keep bringing it up over and over again but that wont make following some one illegal

zimmerman will mostlikely walk as murder two charge is long dead the only charge that MAY stick is manslaughter but even i doubt that .hes gonan get off,sue the media and hopefully if hes smart move the hell out of the usa with his millions he will get from the lawsuits.hell if i were him id buy the biggest frigging yajcht i could afford and name it stand your ground just to piss people off who wanted to judge him guilty with out trial and try to slander his name in the media

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   

in self defense after sticking his head where it didn't belong and going beyond his neighborhood watch duties. trayvon was not committing a crime!! zimmerman over reacted and followed trayvon after calling 911. zimmerman was not a cop. none of this would have happened if zimmerman wasn't cruising around the neighborhood fully armed and reporting on someone that was not committing any crime. if you think trayvon was going to commit a crime why the hell would he do it in his own neighborhood without any burglary tools? the death of trayvon should never have happened. it seems that zimmerman will get away with it, in my eyes that doesn't mean it wasn't zimmermans negligent actions that led to the death of trayvon.

Trayvon was not committing a crime until he attacked Zimmerman. The evidence is supporting Z's side of the story, not the side of the story being promoted by someone who was not there.....IF someone were following me and I had a cell phone I would a) call 911, or b) continue on to my home keeping an eye on the suspicious individual following me. I would not choose to confront him, at least not until I felt I had the edge in the situation, or had no choice but to defend myself...perhaps Trayvon felt he had the edge with the "creepy cracker".

Oh, and it wasn't Trayvon's neighborhood, it was his dad's, whom he was visiting, correct? (asking cause that was my understanding previous to the trial).

When the day comes that we have no right to defend our neighborhoods, our homes, our loved ones, or ourselves from those who enter our neighborhoods (or live there) and choose to commit crimes then that is the day we should just drop the big one and be done with it.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrod
reply to post by conspiracy nut

Do you anything to back up those claims?

If not then it is pure speculation on your part.

Zimmerman will walk, there is nothing illegal about reporting and following a suspicious person in your neighborhood. Profiling(i am not saying Z profiled TM) is not illegal either, the police do it frequently.

First, I want to clear something up:

Everyone profiles...every stinking one. Do you see a valley-girl type who walks the walk and talks the talk and think that maybe she is as smart as Einstein and has her values straight? Do you see a group of thuggish looking people in a ghetto environment and think "What upstanding young men!" It is human nature...we are hard wired to make judgements when we first encounter someone. It's called: FIRST IMPRESSIONS.

The idiot that shows up for a job interview as a B2B salesman wearing sagging pants and a wind breaker with Raiders on the back and wearing Nikes is going to be profiled and not offered a job. Poor judgement to show up for an interview dressed thusly for starters. My first impression of him is going to be extremely poor and if his speech matches his garb, he "ain't" getting a job here.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   
www.breitbart.com...

BROWARD COUNTY SHERIFF'S OFFICE
PREPARES ZIMMERMAN VERDICT RIOT PLAN

On Monday, the Broward County Sheriff’s Office released a
video calling on the public not to riot in the wake of the George
Zimmerman verdict, expected this week or next in Florida. The
Sheriff’s Office released a statement explaining that it was
“working closely with the Sanford Police Department and other
local law enforcement agencies” to coordinate “a response plan
in anticipation of the verdict.”

www.sheriff.org...

Link to video, "Raise your voice, not your hands"

The video, titled “Raise Your Voice, Not Your Hands,” focuses on attempting to
channel reaction into non-violent response. It depicts two youngsters, one
black teenage boy, one Hispanic teenage girl. “Raise your voice!” says the girl.
“And not your hands!” says the boy. “We need to stand together as one, no
cuffs, no guns,” says the girl. “Let’s give violence a rest, because we can easily
end up arrested,” says the boy. “I know your patience will be tested,” says the
girl, and then both conclude, “but law enforcement has your back!”

In an attempt to quell racial tensions, most assuresdly a part of the CRS Stealth Federal Response Team headed bt Thomas Battles from Atlanta, the above release was made today.

The current plans are for the defense to have one more day of testimony, calling 3 more witnesses.

The debate over the animation in courtroom, expected to last only 45 minutes went far beyond that, with the judge and prosecution arguing about witness testimony bwing used whereby a witness heard, but did not actually see anything.

It reeks of irony in fact, as the entire case is predicated upon an ear-witness testimony of Rachael Jeantel, whose statementswere used to secure a probable cause warrant for arrest of George Zimmerman, and eventually the indictment secured by Angela Corey.

Why is it we find ourselves arguing the validity of ear-witness testimony of someone who can place the two mens location within a fairly accurate distance and locake, yet this testimony is questioned so in depth as to not allow an animation, supported by other visual testimony?

On one hand, vague testimony of an already proven to have lied ear-witness testimony is enough to potentially send a man to prison for the rest if his life, but an ear-witness testimony of a woman hearing two men just outside her window is not exact enough for an animation?

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   

I see.....

Somehow all the legal eagles and bright minds on this case let that one escape them

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlexG141989
Nancy Grace is going to have a complete meltdown tonight... should be fun to watch

She will definitely be upset, but she only has a complete meltdown if you splash her with water.

Seriously though, have you ever got the feeling that she was a misandrist? I have always wondered what kind of man her husband is. Also she used to get in trouble for doing the same dirty tricks, she manipulates public opinion with, in the court room.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal

On another note: Now that the toxicology report is going to be entered into evidence, when no one thought it would be, does anyone want to retract the biased Judge remarks? You have to admit, that ruling was certainly not bias against the Defense.

Absolutely not! The judge has shown bias. The reason she HAD to enter the toxicology report in (after originally denying it) was because the defense found a precedence and if she didn't allow it any conviction could be EASILY overturned.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal
. The amount of Americans who have used that particular drug at some point in time is massive, and I am pretty sure most of us know that it does not cause people to become violent, if anything it is typically just the opposite.

As I noted before, I think the perception that it decreases violent tendencies varies along cultural lines. However, you will notice in the hip hop;gangster culture (which Martin seems to have submerged himself, and was possibly born into if his dad was indeed a crip) it doesn't have the same effect.

A lot of gang members smoke, and then casually cruise around unloading tech 9s and mac 10's on people. Stomping rivals.

Listen to the lyrics of tupac, he's not exactly singing "run like an antelope,"

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by bbracken677

Oh, and it wasn't Trayvon's neighborhood, it was his dad's, whom he was visiting, correct?
(asking cause that was my understanding previous to the trial).

A lot of things have been misrepresented in this trial.

No, it was Tracy's girlfeiends' condo, Brandy Green.

Tracy was, and still may be married, to Alicia Stanley, and he lived elsewhere. He would go to see Brandy, and would take Trayvon over there with him.

There were, at some points, claims that perhaps Trayvon didn't know ths area becauss he had just been thrown out of his mothers' home, but that is falacy. There were "memory pictures" in a tribute to Trayvon which showed him several years ago at Brandys' condo, so he has been cheating on his second wife, Alicia, for some time now.

He has been divorced from Sybrina, the woman in court, since 1999.

Not the happy "Martin Family" they are trying to portray.

edit on 9-7-2013 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrod

Originally posted by thesaneone
reply to post by MrWendal

You have to remember people have different reactions to drugs, The guy who was eating the homeless mans face in Florida only had thc in his system.

He(the face eating guy) had THC in his system but they do not test for the chemicals found in K2, Spice and all the other 'incense' that is an epidemic in Florida. TM may have had some of that in his system but it is NEVER tested for. Just speculation, but to say he only had THC in his system isn't quite accurate. They only found THC in his system.

They also do not test for DXM which Trayvon Martin admitted on his facebook to regularly using.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

They also do not test for DXM which Trayvon Martin admitted on his
facebook to regularly using.

So much so, he already had liver and brain damage. A 17 year old with fatty liver.

He would have been dead by 30, if he made it that long.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
You guys realize they are still in court. The jury is gone but they are still going.

www.wftv.com...

top topics

<< 179  180  181    183  184  185 >>

join