It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Zimmerman Trial

page: 181
<< 178  179  180    182  183  184 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
The defense is calling it's LAST WITNESS.
The witness is testifying .... Dilligard .... from home via the internet. She is home sick.

This means that the only thing left for the defense is the tape tomorrow which the judge
has to rule on. They well rest tomorrow. Then closing statements and the jury gets the case
either tomorrow or Thursday.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
My guess .. we could have a verdict by the weekend. If not by Friday night, then I'd bet that the judge lets the jury debate this over the weekend. They are VERY close to being done with this ...

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Yes i think your right

Have been a fun run - see you at the Ariel Castro trial

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by IvanAstikov
reply to post by FlyersFan

If he is basing his opinion on the forensics available, they are the same forensics that the defence is trying to say was all done wrong(apart from the bits that help them), so, garbage in, garbage out. Either the forensic evidence is credible, or it isn't.

edit on 9-7-2013 by IvanAstikov because: (no reason given)

it's not the evidence in question for the gun shot but the interpretation. He is showing the evidence supports what GZ said of the shooting. That evidence was not bad. The questionable evidence was DNA. and blood.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
This thread has been fun. I hope we visit another interesting LIVE trial. Thank you.
edit on 9-7-2013 by GoldenVoyager because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I'm nervous but excited at the same time...

and yes, this thread has been FUN. (Special shout-out to Flyers Fan)

So, just made it back to work to watch the rest of the trial...I see the Defense has brought on its last witness..

Briefly, what is she testifying to?

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
The jury was just sent home for the day.

court is in recess for 15 minutes. I think they are going over a tape or that re-enactment video.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Why did O Mara need to ask the last witness where George's truck was parked? Is it because it hasn't even been recorded in the police evidence, by any chance? Whatever the case, this witness only seems to cast even further doubt on where George's vehicle was when he got out. I'm surprised the state didn't make a point of that.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by IvanAstikov
Why did O Mara need to ask the last witness where George's truck was parked? Is it because it hasn't even been recorded in the police evidence, by any chance? Whatever the case, this witness only seems to cast even further doubt on where George's vehicle was when he got out. I'm surprised the state didn't make a point of that.

wrong again, did you not hear her say that it was next the curve, next to the one witness's house to the left.
exactly where GZ said and all the maps showed. you your self even pointed it out a couple times.
edit on 9-7-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

She also said she saw it on Retreat View Circle, if I remember rightly. Do you think she was saying it was where George gets out in the re-enactment, or nearer to the start of the path leading to the T?

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

you see i knew you would show up to explain away zimmermans past, but how come you can't explain away the fact he was hanging out w a minor in a bar, his ties to biker gangs and his racist comments towards middle easterners and mexicans? how come you cant explain away the fact his employers said he had a dr jekyl mr hyde personality?

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   

you see i knew you would show up to explain away zimmermans past, but how come you can't explain away the fact he was hanging out w a minor in a bar, his ties to biker gangs and his racist comments towards middle easterners and mexicans? how come you cant explain away the fact his employers said he had a dr jekyl mr hyde personality?

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by IvanAstikov

she even says to O Mara, where your calling the T. if you look at the reenactment you see where GZ stops them in the curve where the white truck is. and see the the 1st house on the right. that is the witness's house.
and the sidewalk runs down the side of her house and to the T.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracy nut

I'll tell you why...

Because George Zimmerman shot and killed Trayvon on Feb 26 2012, in SELF DEFENSE.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie

I'll tell you why...

Because George Zimmerman shot and killed Trayvon on Feb 26 2012, in SELF DEFENSE.

in self defense after sticking his head where it didn't belong and going beyond his neighborhood watch duties. trayvon was not committing a crime!! zimmerman over reacted and followed trayvon after calling 911. zimmerman was not a cop. none of this would have happened if zimmerman wasn't cruising around the neighborhood fully armed and reporting on someone that was not committing any crime. if you think trayvon was going to commit a crime why the hell would he do it in his own neighborhood without any burglary tools? the death of trayvon should never have happened. it seems that zimmerman will get away with it, in my eyes that doesn't mean it wasn't zimmermans negligent actions that led to the death of trayvon.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
The Prosecution is arguing that the animation will not be depicted on court testimonials.

The expert has stated that he doesn't know what went on court because he is not allowed in court; can' the defense can argue and say they wil have it edited only to corroborate what has been said in court?

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by conspiracy nut

Why do you feel that Zimmerman was doing something he had no business...he is Neighborhood Watch!

In fact, he did what other Neighborhood watches SHOULD be doing, which is not cowering to the thugs and proactively calling 911 for suspicious activity. I WISHED I had a Zimmerman in my neighborhood..

Trayvon was killed because of his violent, defiant- to- authority behavior WHICH promtped him to assault a man who had not assaulted him.

So for you and the others that insist on making the argument that "if Zimmreman had not got out of his truck(isn't that legal?), then Trayvon would not have been murdered".

You (and the others) are skipping lots of steps, which include:

Confronting Zimmerman just because Zimmerman was following him in a truck
Acting agressive and punching Zimmerman in the face, knocking him to the gorund
Proceeding to jump onto Zimmerman, further harming him WHICH put his life in danger

edit on 9-7-2013 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-7-2013 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie

I'll tell you why...

in self defense after sticking his head where it didn't belong and going beyond his neighborhood watch duties. trayvon was not committing a crime!! zimmerman over reacted and followed trayvon after calling 911. zimmerman was not a cop. none of this would have happened if zimmerman wasn't cruising around the neighborhood fully armed and reporting on someone that was not committing any crime. if you think trayvon was going to commit a crime why the hell would he do it in his own neighborhood without any burglary tools? the death of trayvon should never have happened. it seems that zimmerman will get away with it, in my eyes that doesn't mean it wasn't zimmermans negligent actions that led to the death of trayvon.

Maybe Trayvon wasn't committing a crime initially, but he sure as hell was when he was pummeling George Zimmerman non-stop. There was no reason why it should've gotten to that point. Once he knocked George down, he should've used that opportunity to run the hell away.

Besides, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Rachel (Trayvon's friend) state that Trayvon was by his house at one point after running away? If he was by his house, how else would he have ended back where he died unless he intentionally went back?

And btw, Zimmerman had every right to be suspicious of Trayvon. Anybody with any shred of sense who lived in a neighborhood plagued by burglaries would have been suspicious of a stranger who fit the profile of the burglars, and who was acting strangely.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by conspiracy nut

Do you anything to back up those claims?

If not then it is pure speculation on your part.

Zimmerman will walk, there is nothing illegal about reporting and following a suspicious person in your neighborhood. Profiling(i am not saying Z profiled TM) is not illegal either, the police do it frequently.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

In the re-enactment video when George tells the car to stop, do you think that is where the last witness was saying it was parked, or do you think she was saying it was nearer to the truck you can see in the re-enactment vid? She described it being parked up on the grass, didn't she? Do you think she has corroborated the re-enactment vid?

If George did park it where he said in the re-enactment, have you not wondered why he wouldn't have drove even closer to the start of the dog-path, before he jumped out to keep an eye on Trayvon in order to try to pinpoint his location for the police? Does George strike you as the kind of guy who ever runs more than he has to? Maybe part of his latest exercise regime was giving suspected burglars a start before he went running after them?

top topics

<< 178  179  180    182  183  184 >>

join