It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Zimmerman Trial

page: 178
<< 175  176  177    179  180  181 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Reminder~~~~

As we get ready for another day of testimony, members are reminded to stay on topic and post in a civil manner.

• You are responsible for your own posts.
  • We expect civility and decorum within all topics.

• Go after the ball not the player.
  • I Don't Agree with YOU...

• Don't Respond to Obvious Trollery, Just Alert It
  • What is a troll?
  • Trolling, And What To Do About It

edit on Tue Jul 9 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: cannot spell

• posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 08:09 AM
    link   
    Well, since I am too damn tired to stay up and watch, and you guys seem to be doing a bangup job of posting the relevant tidbits, I am counting on the thread to keep me informed. Don't drop the ball and have a great day

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 08:23 AM
    link   
    Jury not in courtroom. The court is doing some 'housework'. THe defense wants to show an animated video they created about that night. The prosecution isn't happy about it. They could have done one too but failed to do so. So they are kind of whiney about it. The discussion about if the animated video can be shown is being hashed out in front of the judge ...

The feed for the trial today is freezing and jumping. I don't know if it's because the court is playing with the electronics there (which they are) or if it's bad weather in Florida or if it's that MASSIVE sunspot that is facing earth today ... but there are issues with watching this uninterrupted at this time ...

This is all kinda boring stuff .... not anything really to report on 'till they are done with the decision ...

ETA ... side note ... courtroom reporters are stating that the court room is empty of viewers. In the past it has been full up to one or two empty seats. At this time it is empty. I dont know why.
    edit on 7/9/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 08:26 AM
    link   
    reply to post by Libertygal

I watched the video you posted about Trayvon's 'other' mother, and see how it was able to affect you emotionally about the trial, so much to the point that you have started to doubt whether this was still a Self Defense case.

I think what has happened is that the 'other' mother was able to paint a lovely picture of Trayvon for you, to the point that you have doubted that even though he was a minor, he engaged in

drug activity (use, possesion, and selling)
    fight club activity (capturing random fights on video, including bragging about an adult school bus driver that he 'dove' on
    gold grill (teeth) (prevelent in the black community to symboluze a 'thug' life)
    multiple tattoos (as a minor??)
    Twitter handle was "No limit N---A"
    Backpack found with women jewlery, later to be found reported as stolen, along with burglary tools
    use of racial slurs

So you see, regardless of the 'other' mother's heart-wrenched picture she painted on CNN of Trayvon, his actions were still his actions- speaking of which Trayvon was 1 year shy of being an adult, so at least he was at the age that he knew right from wrong.

The prosecution has brought all of their guns out, but to no avail.

George Zimmerman is Innocent- he defended his life from a person who caused it by presenting violence into the situation.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 08:30 AM
    link   
    I'll also add that I never really bought into the super-sad Sybina Fulton. Understandably, she has lost a 'biological' son. However, according to the 'other' mother, she sent Trayvon away to live with his dad at age 3.

All of her 'made for TV' statements on camera have always seemed a bit 'scripted' for me....

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 08:44 AM
    link   
    Here's a link the HLN daily blog. I find myself hitting refresh all the time:

www.hlntv.com...

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 08:57 AM
    link   
    Okay .... this is getting really dull. It's been an hour and a half of this 'housekeeping' outside of the jury being present. They should just admit this guy as an expert and let the tape come in to evidence. He knows what he's doing. He's done it many times before. He's been a court expert before. He's got it right. The prosecution doesn't want it in because it will form a picture for the jury that he doesn't want them to see ... a picture of Zimmerman engaging in self defense.

Between this being so dang dull .. and the link blinking in and out for whatever reason .. I'm going to sleep .... ZZZZZZZZZZ

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 09:08 AM
    link   
    reply to post by ButterCookie

What is this "other mother" stuff. I don't think I know who that is?
    I know of Sabrina and then Tracy has a girlfriend named something (Brandy?) Green.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 09:13 AM
    link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
    reply to post by ButterCookie

What is this "other mother" stuff. I don't think I know who that is?
    I know of Sabrina and then Tracy has a girlfriend named something (Brandy?) Green.

Its the Anderson Cooper video that Liberty Gal posted one page back.

She says that she practically 'raised' Trayvon and that Sybina sent Trayvon to live with them at age 3, and the he never really spoke of his birth mother.

She also says that Tracy Martin (the father) has quit speaking to her, since all of the hoopla of the trial. That makes me see that Tracy shone this woman to help paint the picture of the 'gireving family' with Sybina.....

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 09:14 AM
    link   
    reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Martins birth mother did not raise him. The father left the birth mother and married the step mother ... who was actually the one mostly involved in his life and who raised Martin. The father has now left the step mother and moved on to another woman ... a girl friend.

The step mother has been on TV .. interviewed by Anderson Cooper etc etc .. she says that the Martin family has pushed her out of the picture. She says that she is the one that raised him and that she misses him and is hurting, but that the father and mother are putting on a show of being united so she isn't allowed in the picture or in the court room.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 09:17 AM
    link   
    reply to post by FlyersFan

Ah that explains why his real mother would straw purchase him a 40 cal hand gun, and let him stay in constant trouble.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 09:22 AM
    link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
    reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Martins birth mother did not raise him. The father left the birth mother and married the step mother ... who was actually the one mostly involved in his life and who raised Martin. The father has now left the step mother and moved on to another woman ... a girl friend.

The step mother has been on TV .. interviewed by Anderson Cooper etc etc .. she says that the Martin family has pushed her out of the picture. She says that she is the one that raised him and that she misses him and is hurting, but that the father and mother are putting on a show of being united so she isn't allowed in the picture or in the court room.

Same thing I was thinking...

in fact, the step-mother even hinted at that a lot. Whenever she called Tracy to be updated about the trial, burial, etc..he would tell her he was 'busy'. Plus she mentioned that he got irate with her when a family member asked her something regarding trial and she answered the question...

Tracy doesn't want the step-mother 'messing up' the trial...
    edit on 9-7-2013 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 09:23 AM
    link   
    The prosecution must really hate that video. The defense has spent half the morning already talking up the expert witness and the video and he's not done. The judge said she'd rule on if it could be seen ... tomorrow. I guess she's gotta go home and watch the TV news and see what the other legal eagle talking heads are saying about it so she'll know what to do. :shk: She changed her ruling on allowing the toxicology report after she went home. Betchya she saw that everyone who understands law said she made a mistake.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 09:26 AM
    link   

Jury is about to enter the court room...

What a show it will be today

edit on 9-7-2013 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 09:32 AM
    link   
    so how did zimmermans real mother let him stay in constant trouble? some posters on here keep bringing up trayvons past without talking about zimmermans past. if all of zimmermans exploits and past myspace page info along w the various people that have come out to talk about zimmerman, were allowed in court murder 2 wouldn't be so far fetched. he has shown racist tendencies, hung out w an underage minor in a bar, pushing the off duty officer that was trying to bust the underage minor, he made racist comments towards a middle eastern co-worker, made racist comments about mexicans, claimed links to biker gangs, hit his wife, worked as a bouncer at illegal house parties where his dr jekyl mr hyde personality was noted by his employer and was fired for over reacting and throwing a girl causing her to break her ankle, and allegedly molested a younger relative. i'm sure certain posters will make excuses for each and every one of these things.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 09:37 AM
    link   

Originally posted by conspiracy nut
    so how did zimmermans real mother let him stay in constant trouble? some posters on here keep bringing up trayvons past without talking about zimmermans past. if all of zimmermans exploits and past myspace page info along w the various people that have come out to talk about zimmerman, were allowed in court murder 2 wouldn't be so far fetched. he has shown racist tendencies, hung out w an underage minor in a bar, pushing the off duty officer that was trying to bust the underage minor, he made racist comments towards a middle eastern co-worker, made racist comments about mexicans, claimed links to biker gangs, hit his wife, worked as a bouncer at illegal house parties where his dr jekyl mr hyde personality was noted by his employer and was fired for over reacting and throwing a girl causing her to break her ankle, and allegedly molested a younger relative. i'm sure certain posters will make excuses for each and every one of these things.

The reason that Trayvon's past is vitally important is because he is not here to tell his side of the story.

Unfortunately, when that happens, the court needs to be able to paint a picture of you; pictures, posts, blogs, criminal background, and school records all are able to reveal this personality. This is why people to need to aim to keep a good 'picture' of themselves while they are alive, because they may get into a situation when they are not able to speak for themselves...

Why? Because the jury needs to see if Zimmerman's report of Trayvon's actions that night were 'likely'.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 09:38 AM
    link   

Originally posted by conspiracy nut

plain and simple, he was a adult, full grown man, out of the house, not a minor, his mother had no control of him.

and as far as i know the alleged molesting of a younger relative, was not brought up until he was arrested. and no one knew of it, or her folks wouldn't kept placing her near him.

edit on 9-7-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 10:09 AM
    link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

Ah that explains why his real mother would straw purchase him a 40 cal hand gun, and let him stay in constant trouble.

It shows me she hardly even knew him, he was an inconvenience in her life. She passed him off so she could live her life.

I believe Alicia, she was as genuine as George's mother. Certainly, she has other issues. Her husband was taking Trayvon over to Brandy's on the weekends, while he was busy cheating on her. Brandy had his baby daughter in November of laat year. She knows he got the HOA settlement, but seemingly since then, he hasn't spoken to her.

Makes me wonder if he has spoken to Brandy, or seen his baby girl, either.

If anyone let Trayvon get away with things, it was Tracy. Lots of evidence he was a Crip. He had a tatoo on his neck when Trayvon first died, Cats, in cursive. It supposedly stood for Crip all Times or something equally absurd. Soon after he was spotted with the tat, he got it covered with Praying Hands. One would presume in honor to his son, who had a tat of Praying Hands. It is allegedly now recovered, as what, I don't know.

This in in stark contrast to the man we have seen photos of, dressed in a Mason's uniform, and other images.

I get the idea when they went to Brandy's on the weekend, kids got video games, pizza, and left alone.

edit on 9-7-2013 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 10:09 AM
    link   
    reply to post by conspiracy nut

Well that's ridiculous of course.

First off, you didn't refute that Martin was constantly in trouble. Instead you just started blathering about it being unfair to bring up Trayvon's past without bringing up Zimmerman's. I personally think that Trayvon's was much more indicative of a criminal than Zimmerman's, but that's irrelevant because I wasn't talking about the trial I was just talking casually about it.

Nothing about Zimmerman's history would increase the chance he would be viewed he was more capable of murder by one iota, however Martin's history would show that he was very very likely to start a fight, be high, case houses for burglary (ie: be suspicious), and assault someone.

No one needs to make excuses for Zimmerman's past actions. None went anywhere, the domestic thing was a dispute that was mutual and thrown out (you can't own a firearm legally if you are charged with that), the woman that was pushed (never heard she broke her ankle not that it matters) was during a struggle when he was a security guard and so she was likely up to something (i can say from personal experience as a s.o.), and the alleged molestation was from him as a kid and suspiciously the cousin never brought it up until he after he shot Trayvon, so I would say it's complete b.s./attention seeking.

Let's see you explain Martin's crimes. Writing graffiti on the school walls, having burglary tools and jewelry in his backpack (that matched jewelry stolen from a house a few blocks from his school), assaulting a bus driver, admitting to using several types of drugs, being caught with drug paraphernalia, suspended 3 times in 7 months. Also why did this 17 year old have his mother straw purchase him a hand gun he couldn't own legally?
    edit on 9-7-2013 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 10:15 AM
    link   
    DEFENSE WITNESS ... Gunshot wound expert and forensic pathologist Dr. Di Maio takes the stand.
    He's talking about his experience ... wars and with the United Nations.
    He's talking about his testimony experience and expertise. Internationally and in the USA.
    He's worked on the Yugoslavia War Crimes. Received many professional awards.
    He has written a book about gunshot wounds and how to investigate them.
    ETA .. HE LITERALLY WROTE THE BOOK ON INVESTIGATING GUNSHOT WOUNDS.

new topics

top topics

<< 175  176  177    179  180  181 >>

join