It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Zimmerman Trial

page: 153
<< 150  151  152    154  155  156 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by IvanAstikov

Originally posted by ButterCookie

reply to post by ButterCookie

Again, he wasn't racially profiled, he was criminally profiled. It's just a coincidence that George thinks blacks fit the criminal profile more than other ethnicities.

edit on 6-7-2013 by IvanAstikov because: (no reason given)

Give me your reasoning why you believe that George thinks that blacks fit the criminal profile more than other ethnicities.

I'll tell you what... shall we both review his previous 911/NEN phone calls history and you count the white suspicious people he reported, and I'll count the black ones? White dogs, or white people under the age of 11 do not merit inclusion.

That's ignorant. There were NO white suspicious people TO report that night.

(Duhh)

edit on 6-7-2013 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrod
My understanding is TM was given a routine autopsy and they do not check for DNA under the fingernails on a routine autopsy. In other words Zimmerman's DNA was not found on TM because it was not looked for. So it may or may not have been there. The DNA argument has no weight.

That does nothing to explain the absence of Zimmerman's dna on Trayvon's clothing, though. Fungi, or anything else that specifically destroys all Zimmerman's dna, but fails to affect other dna traces, is simply not going to fly.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by IvanAstikov

DNA dont spread just because you touch something, besides that wasnt it raining? just a hint

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   

that first sentence basically states (i didn't watch the trial, i just copied/pasted stuff from other forums or made my opinions based off what was posted elsewhere.)

where is your original thought? did you lose it or something?

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

We're talking about his previous 40 plus calls during his time at The Retreat. That wasn't his first attempt at nabbing a bad guy. But, despite remembering that all the other suspects "always got away and the police were too slow," he never paused to wonder why this "effing punk" wasn't running like all the rest of them. In fact, this one was suspicious because he WASN'T running and was stood too still for George's liking.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   

this one was suspicious because he WASN'T running and was stood too still for George's liking.

Nice spin - but thats not a factual evidence, thats your own opinion.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ugie1028

that first sentence basically states (i didn't watch the trial, i just copied/pasted stuff from other forums or made my opinions based off what was posted elsewhere.)

where is your original thought? did you lose it or something?

Seriously, you have no idea.

I've watched every minute of the trial, read all the evidence dumps available to the public, lurked on both sides of the fence regarding forums and blogs, and have used my own personal experiences walking on the wild side and having actually been in violent struggles, actual time spent in prison with violent 17 yr olds, and 51 years education in the school of life to filter and process the available infornation. I'm not some dummy who needs to be fed his opinions by the Bill O Reilly's, or the Jon Stewarts of the world.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Minus

Whatever. Was it raining on George's gun or holster. No. I don't think so.

I gave a mea culpa a few pages back. I retract that sentiment.

After hearing the testimony from the college professor and his recounting of the class he teaches and his focus on "Stand your ground" with respect to Florida law; as well as George's very public denial of knowing anything about that statute, I call bull...

Mr. Zimmerman received and "A" in the class and was an "excellent student'. That is it for me.

Here is what I think about him. He is a frustrated wanna be, with a Napoleon complex. He took the requisite classes to qualify for an CCP. Furthermore, he took classes in law enforcement and was well aware of the defenses for using lethal force.

I got sucked in for a minute, I am over all of that now.

Next. Zimmerman's uncle put on a performance worthy of an Academy Award!! You have got to be kidding me, right??

Look, I have been in sales all of my life. I know how to portray "credibility". It is an art. There are some talented individuals that have the gift yet pursue other professions. I will give you that uncle is good. I could pull the same thing off as well. I could use the nobility of my profession as a mother and child rearer to reel you in and you would not even know it. I have done it for decades to disarm others.

Being a cop, nor a member of the services does not preclude you from twisting truth. Some are just better than others.
edit on 6-7-2013 by GrantedBail because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   

I've watched every minute of the trial, read all the evidence dumps available to the public, lurked on both sides of the fence regarding forums and blogs, and have used my own personal experiences walking on the wild side and having actually been in violent struggles, actual time spent in prison with violent 17 yr olds, and 51 years education in the school of life to filter and process the available infornation. I'm not some dummy who needs to be fed his opinions by the Bill O Reilly's, or the Jon Stewarts of the world.

Interesting - you sound alot like me, just older

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   

if that's true... then why are you having such a hard time trying to sell your point to some of us here?

half the time it seems like you're grasping for straws... the other half... you just seem out of touch.

what can you do to improve your point making skills? unless...

you have no point to make here besides and agenda pushing one....
edit on 7/6/2013 by ugie1028 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Minus

this one was suspicious because he WASN'T running and was stood too still for George's liking.

Nice spin - but thats not a factual evidence, thats your own opinion.

Go on, tell me the FACTUAL evidence that confirms that George saw Trayvon when he first said he did?

His described position on the google maps print out of the area that he marked for Det Singleton, is in a different place than where he pointed out in the re-enactment, so we can't even rely on Zimmerman's word. So excited was he to go running after Trayvon, he couldn't even remember where he parked his car when Singleton asked him to mark the spot out for her. And I still haven't seen conclusive evidence of where his vehicle ended up to this day. The evidence should have been on Officer Smith's video cam recording as he drove down Twin Trees Lane and around to where he parked up before meeting Zimmerman, but if that evidence exists, I've not heard any reference to it..

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrantedBail

How do you know that? its possible it could have been wet right, just maby, right?

After hearing the testimony from the college professor and his recounting of the class he teaches and his focus on "Stand your ground" with respect to Florida law; as well as George's very public denial of knowing anything about that statute, I call bull...

Mr. Zimmerman received and "A" in the class and was an "excellent student'. That is it for me.

Then you also know that the "stand your ground" part in the books wasnt introduced to this class at the time GZ was there right?

Next. Zimmerman's uncle put on a performance worthy of an Academy Award!! You have got to be kidding me, right??

Finally we agree, this was a pure hollywood, did you notice when he said that he have kept himself out of the case, to prepare for this moment? the prosecution heard also heard it

family members will go far for eachother

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

And not for nothing, I don't have a nephew but I have nieces. I would go balls to the wall and employ every needed talent that I possess to defend them.

If it was my kid, I would dig even deeper; I would not care about guilt or innocence. They would have to take me out.

That is why the Family Law courts don't accept testimony from family members. It is because even the most honorable person in the world would take a dive for these causes.

edit on 6-7-2013 by GrantedBail because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   

You make some good arguements (sometimes), but all that spinning in between really destroy the effect.
And cut out the subject changing counter attacks, it dosnt improve the dialog.

I think you have something good to say... if you let yourself.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Minus

Hey, how are you??

Then you also know that the "stand your ground" part in the books wasnt introduced to this class at the time GZ was there right?

I don't believe that was the testimony of the professor. What I believe was said is that he spent a significant amount of time covering the statute. That is my memory.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   

It was a routine autopsy, they did not look for outside DNA on Martin.

Forensic tests for DNA are costly and time consuming and usually only done on homicide inevestigations. TM's untimely death was not investigated as a homicide. Also those kind of forensic tests in real life are nothing like what tv crime shows portray. They are expensive, time consuming, and often not reliable enough for trial.
edit on 6-7-2013 by jrod because: (no reason given)

link   

DNA dont spread just because you touch something, besides that wasnt it raining? just a hint

No, it's spread by the kind of sudden movement involved in quickly getting up and moving towards someone to restrain them, Or when you sit up after having your nose blooded and breathe out hard through your nostrils onto the chest of the person attacking you. Or you shake your head at a sudden pain from your terrible beating while you are straddling your victim, and splatter tiny spots of blood off your head onto the person below. Rain never washed Zimmerman's own dna off his jacket.

link   

If it was my kid, I would dig even deeper; I would not care about guilt or innocence. They would have to take me out.

Almost my words 100 pages ago

i still think GZ should go to prison, even if what he say is true, the problem is the law dont think so.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   

How do you know that? its possible it could have been wet right, just maby, right?

Finally we agree, this was a pure hollywood, did you notice when he said that he have kept himself out of the case, to prepare for this moment? the prosecution heard also heard it

family members will go far for eachother

so you missed the part when the professor said he talked about stand your ground a lot during the class? his focus was on stand your ground, not just a few days of curriculum.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jrod

Well, that is not what we have heard in the trial. There were tests for dna from blood, touch, and other deposits. It was a homicide case from the beginning and upon the deposit of Trayvon at the coroner's office.

top topics

<< 150  151  152    154  155  156 >>

join