It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Zimmerman Trial

page: 138
<< 135  136  137    139  140  141 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Drunkenparrot

It's all off topic so try to ignore it. Just stick to the trial and stick to discussing the trial.
There is plenty going on. This ME is supposed to be the states big happy ending ....
The defense is neutralizing him, even though the Judge ruled against toxicology.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by WonderBoi

That has already been answered for you in this same thread by multiple people. It is illegal to flash a gun at someone. That would make him the threatening figure. He shouldn't have to flash a gun to keep a guy from jumping him (the guy should just not be a criminal and not assault him).
Where did you get he was "jumped"? He had a conversation with Trayvon. WTF are you talking about? They met, face to face.

He shouldn't have been following him. Still can't get that, yet. Can you? You want to talk criminal? EXCUSE ME....but...according to records....Zimmerman has a violent past and has been arrested for DOMESTIC VIOLENCE. Need i remind you! Stop being so one-sided with your assessments. You seem to be blinded by the so-called: "facts". As you can see, this trial has turned into a 3-ring circus. I guess it helps to have inside connects. Don't forget, the brotherhood runs deep.

We got a loooooooooooooooooooong way to go, before those that are still asleep, wake from their slumber.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Someone else did the fingernails. He doesn't do the fingernails. His assistants do.

Yep.
I just don't understand why he's on.
He signed off on the autopsy but has no knowledge about it.
And he keeps changing his mind, so what he signed off on has changed ...

I don't get it.

Side ... defense just tried to sneak in drug toxicology ... I think ...
(and got shot down)

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
The judge is definitely biased against the defense.

2nd

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
i think it's a shame that certain things can't be talked about.
the toxicology report in my opinion, would do little or maybe harm the defense.
i'm sure there are some that catch my drift.

edit on 5-7-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
reply to post by Drunkenparrot

It's all off topic so try to ignore it. Just stick to the trial and stick to discussing the trial.
There is plenty going on. This ME is supposed to be the states big happy ending ....
The defense is neutralizing him, even though the Judge ruled against toxicology.

Yes, of course Flyers Fan. I have the trial on in the background as well. I wanted to thank you as well for posting the running update.

I had to leave the house for a bit and it made it easier to get back up to speed.

link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

They should have been. It would have been evidence of how weak the prosecutions case is.
The defense deserves a break after the judges bias all through the trial.

link   
I agree she is biased. I think most of what she has done is perfectly legal, but she seems to defer to them most of the time.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by WonderBoi

... I'm surprised George didn't FLASH his weapon, attached to his hip. This way, Trayvon would have thought differently. Makes you wonder why he didn't reveal his firearm, as a scare tactic. Why didn't he lift up his jacket and reveal his piece?

This has been discussed before. Brandishing(flashing) a weapon is a felony!

In my training, in CCW class training, and I am certain in Zimmerman's training, one is taught that if you pull your gun on somebody you intend to fire it. This is nothing like you see in the movies where someone pulls a gun, points it at a target, talks some trash, ect... In a real life scenario it should take someone less than 1 second to pull their gun and fire it. If the situation is grave enough to pull a gun, any time wasted can be the difference between life or death.

edit on 5-7-2013 by jrod because: typo

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
You know I really haven't paid much attention to this case seeing as how there is so much in the category of world news to read about these days and I tend to get immersed in political foreign affairs but I have just now looked over this and this is sick as hell.

I hope they throw the damn book at Zimmerman!

If they don't, something is seriously screwed up and if there's a riot because of it...NOBODY... I mean NOBODY should even dare get surprised!

Thank God that some people in this country are willing to come out of their houses and do the right thing.

If it be a protest or if it be a kid out on the street being murdered with houses around screaming and begging for someone to come outside and help him!

At the very least someone could have stuck a firearm outside of a cracked door and fired some warning shots hoping to scatter what was going on to help the fallen person screaming for help and maybe save his life.

People talk about owning guns for protection but when it comes to what average people do in response to something like this... it's like they go blank. At least someone called 911 but it doesn't look like that was enough, does it? He was alive after being shot for ten minutes? I can't help but to think this could have gone a different way and that's a damn shame. What good is a right in a diluted "asleep at the wheel" society that uses it for the wrong thing more than the right thing?

I'm not one for taking all guns from Americans but when you can carry around a handgun and fantasize about being a cop and have the damn gall to stand there at the scene like you have done the right thing since you know fleeing would mean automatic guilt, something is wrong.

The fact he didn't flee is indicative of the deranged self righteous aggressive attitude of a lot of people in our society and they need to be put back in their place and Zimmerman needs to go to prison for a long long time.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

Nah.. I have often wondered how IT effects some people so differently. Your average phish fan couldn't conceive of doing anything but eating gooey balls, but a lot of thugs/gangster types will smoke and then smoke some poor person in a drive-by. I've wondered why IT effects some people so much.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
The defense is sly.

The reason they are even asking about how blood was drawn for toxicology is so the jury knows it was done. The fact that the judge had to speak up about those results will be kept out of the trial but it makes the jurors wonder about it.

I may be wrong but the defense has also entered the MEs notes into evidence which will be available to the jury to review where the results of the toxicology are probably on.

Sly very sly.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
just a thought, but a bit off topic...CNN, MSNBC, FOX...all are showing this trial...I am someone that doesn't give a damn about watching it...mainly because I have served on 2 murder trials as a juror, and frankly it's tedious, you have to pay attention for hours on end, to the most mundane testimony, and challenged court procedures, due to it all being briefly interrupted by pertinent facts.

what's happening in Syria?, the NSA?, turkey? snowden? voting rights?, abortion rights?, congress? jobs? Egypt? the border?, states rights?...i'm just saying that without the internet, you wouldn't know what's going on during the day......that's my grumpy rant for the day

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by NotAnAspie

I hope your interpretation of world news isn't as poor as your interpretation of this case.
Zimmerman should go free. The trial is a joke and should have never happened (as evidenced by.. well every second of the trial).

If there are riots we won't be surprised because the ignorant people that would be in the street have been threatening it since the incident happened.

- Zimmerman defended himself
- It was deemed justified by the police
- The parents saw a chance to get money from HOA so attention came to the case causing a public outcry
- The media manipulated the calls to make Zimmerman sound racist
- A prosecutor running for reelection saw the large crowds gathering and falsified an arrest warrant for
Zimmerman (a month or two after the alleged crime)
- The trial begins and the prosecution have NO case, all evidence points to self defense, and people start
realizing when you give a bloodthirsty mob the trial they want, then they're going to demand a conviction and
threaten to kill Zimmerman as well as "random white people."

Whole thing is a joke.
edit on 5-7-2013 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

That's exactly what I was thinking. The more they say 'toxicology blood was drawn' and the more that the Prosecution has to say 'the jury can't see that evidence' ... that tells the jury that there is something that will help Zimemrman and hurt the prosecution.

I fully agree with you.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrod

Originally posted by WonderBoi

... I'm surprised George didn't FLASH his weapon, attached to his hip. This way, Trayvon would have thought differently. Makes you wonder why he didn't reveal his firearm, as a scare tactic. Why didn't he lift up his jacket and reveal his piece?

This has been discussed before. Brandishing(flashing) a weapon is a felony!

In my training, in CCW class training, and I am certain in Zimmerman's training, one is taught that if you pull your gun on somebody you intend to fire it. This is nothing like you see in the movies where someone pulls a gun, points it at a target, talks some trash, ect... In a real life scenario it should take someone less than 1 second to pull their gun and fire it. If the situation is grave enough to pull a gun, any time wasted can be the difference between life or death.

edit on 5-7-2013 by jrod because: typo

The fact that he did not pull out his gun before scuffling with Martin proves that he was the aggressor and did not feel that he was in danger.

Had he been in danger from Martin, as in the situation being reversed and him NOT being the one to pursue Martin, then it would not have been against the law for him to go for his gun.

He clearly made aggressive contact with Martin PRIOR to any feelings of fear and needing to reach for his weapon. In other words, he was the aggressor.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by NotAnAspie
You know I really haven't paid much attention to this case ...
I hope they throw the damn book at Zimmerman!

Do you see how those two sentences don't go together?

People say - "I hope Zimmerman goes to jail" or "I hope Zimmerman goes free"

And yet you admit that you don't know the facts and haven't paid much attention.
Don't you think it would be better to get the sworn facts from a court room before
making a decision to send someone to jail for 50 years for Murder 2??

Just a thought.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
just a thought, but a bit off topic...CNN, MSNBC, FOX...all are showing this trial...I am someone that doesn't give a damn about watching it...mainly because I have served on 2 murder trials as a juror, and frankly it's tedious, you have to pay attention for hours on end, to the most mundane testimony, and challenged court procedures, due to it all being briefly interrupted by pertinent facts.

what's happening in Syria?, the NSA?, turkey? snowden? voting rights?, abortion rights?, congress? jobs? Egypt? the border?, states rights?...i'm just saying that without the internet, you wouldn't know what's going on during the day......that's my grumpy rant for the day

Syria (shooting each other), NSA (reading this),Turkey (watching Syria), Snowden (tweeting a hot Russia spy chick) abortion rights (SOS), congress (chasing interns), Jobs (up this quarter)
Egypt?(shooting each other)

This trail is so interesting because it will mean a lot to Florida law (and else where) and "the powers that be" are all watching

Its really a big deal!
edit on 5-7-2013 by RUFFREADY because: Egypt? forgot

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   

***ATTENTION***

This bears repeating - for the final time - Courtesy is mandatory! Please stick to the subject and avoid the personal barbs and jabs.

From this point forward warnings are over and posting bans begin.

Thank you.

Hefficide

new topics

top topics

<< 135  136  137    139  140  141 >>

join