It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Zimmerman Trial

page: 130
<< 127  128  129    131  132  133 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   

ATTENTION~~~~

Just to clarify...

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I can't see Zimmerman not being set free. They are trying to convict an innocent man of murder- coming from my law enforcement dad about to retire this month. Any cop in the same situation would have done the same thing if punched in the face and put to the ground. Zimmerman's broken nose doesn't lie. Profiling is a must. I do it everyday. Profiling is not racism. It is recognizing past associations. Seems there may be riots after the innocent verdict. Why cant folks see the truth through their own bias? They don't care about the evidence, they only want Zimmerman to be found guilty.
edit on 4-7-2013 by jaynx because: spelling

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by jaynx
I can't see Zimmerman not being set free. They are trying to convict an innocent man of murder- coming from my law enforcement dad about to retire this month. Any cop in the same situation would have done the same thing if punched in the face and put to the ground. Zimmerman's broken nose doesn't lie. Profiling is a must. I do it everyday. Profiling is not racism. It is recognizing past associations. Seems there may be riots after the innocent verdict. Why cant folks see the truth through their own bias? They don't care about the evidence, they only want Zimmerman to be found guilty.
edit on 4-7-2013 by jaynx because: spelling
Murder is now considered "innocence"?
God help us!!!

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by WonderBoi

When he isn't charged with murder are you going to agree he must be innocent? Will you agree that a jury with all the facts whose job it is is to sincerely consider them and judge innocent or guilty might be able to better determine than you?

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Drunkenparrot

Fair enough. I think we're pretty much of the same opinion. I just don't think that those statements have been established as factual, and I don't think their truth forms part of the prosecution's case. You did seem to say they definitely happened, although I may have picked you up wrong.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie
I know I may be a little late when it comes to the trial coverage ( I mentioned earlier that I have spent yesterday and most of the morning watching the YouTube videos of them), but WHOA!! I had to ask myself which side Osterman was the witness for!!!

He lends an awful lot of credibility to Zimmerman's account.

He states how Zimmerman was not looking for confrontation that night, and how Zimmerman only got out of his truck to identify what street he was on, AND to dispel the reason of suspicion in case Trayvon met back up with him.

The Prosecution kept trying to invoke a racial motive when he asked him to repeatedly to give the words Zimmerman used to describe Trayvon.

"Tall, slender build..."

"What about RACE?"

"uhh...he knew he was black, but wasn't focused on that."

"So he described him as BLACK?"

"(duuhhh) Yes. But he was mainly focused on his height, weight, and what he was wearing."

Plus he literally PROVES that Trayvon was the aggressor, which is the most important argument made.

edit on 4-7-2013 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-7-2013 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

I am not sure if he adds credibility to Zimmerman. His w hole testimony was a mixed bag. Here are the facts:

A) He is Zimmerman's "best friend" and also a cop

B) He wrote a book about the case

C) His account of what happened that evening is based on what he claims Zimmerman told him

D) He only had one conversation with Zimmerman about what had happened that night

E) Everything in his book and his testimony was based on his memory of what he was told.

F) Part of his testimony could be viewed as supporting the Prosecution and other parts supporting the Defense.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

To be fair I was responding to an assertion made about Martin's alleged drug use. I didn't introduce the topic.

I also think it's a bit pathetic that it can't be discussed. But their yard, their rules I guess.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by jaynx

Any cop in the same situation would have done the same thing if punched in the face and put to the ground.

Assuming facts not in evidence. Also, George wasn't wearing a police officer's uniform, as much as he'd like to have been.

Zimmerman's broken nose doesn't lie.

Even if it really was broken, it wouldn't be an indicator of truth, either. People get broken noses in all sorts of ways.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Sybrina Fulton taking the stand ....
The defense has to be careful with this. She has info on Martins bad behavior.
But at the same time, any questioning can be seen as picking on her by the jury.

This will be tricky .. get the facts without coming off as being mean to the parent of a dead child.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Martins birth mother (not step mother who raised him)

Martin was right handed. Had tattoos with family names.
She said she heard Martin crying as she raised him. (she didn't raise him .. the step mother did)
** the jury isn't looking at her as she listens to the tape, according to the running blog.

She just identifyed the voice on the tape as her son .. used his full name in ID'ng
She ID'd him without emotion. Just the facts.

Defense expressed sympathy for her loss. State objected. Judge went along with State.
(BIASED JUDGE!)

The defense is making a mistake .. they are questioning her and should have just let her leave.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Martins Birth Mother .... Questioned by Defense ...

She's coming off as a good prosecution witness. The defense isn't getting very far with her.
The defense said she expected it to be and hoped it would be Martins voice.
This woman is stating that she didn't hope or expect anything ...
She just ID'd his voice. Plain and simple.

Defense states that she wants it to be her son, so that's why she thinks its her son.
She says no .. it's just her son.
She now basically says that no one has coached her.
She claims no one told her what was on the tape she was about to listen to.

REDIRECT BY PROSECUTION -
REREDIRECT BY DEFENSE -

"What I hope for is that this would never happen' - says mom

She refused to answer the defense question as to if she hoped that Martin wasn't responsible for his own death. She claimed she didn't understand the question. It was a pretty straightforward question. She avoided it. It would have gone to her thinking it was her sons voice because she hoped it was.

She's now off the stand.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Jahvaris ... Martins brother is on the stand now. College student. Senior. Major information tech.
He says they were close. He's 4 1/2 years older than Trayvon.
He says he heard the 911 call with the scream and gunshot ~ 15 times.
He says he recognizes his brother Trayvons voice screaming on the tape.

Cross exam ... Brother not certain at first that it was his brothers voice.
He admits that he told reporters that he wasn't sure whose voice it was.

He claims that at first he didn't want to believe it was his brother and that he was in shock and denial
so that is why he didn't believe at first it was his brother screaming.

** Zimmerman seems to be having a difficult time getting through the brothers testimony.
** It's effecting him.

The Defense is impeaching the credibility of the witness pretty swiftly.
So it's looking like the only person who has supposedly been 'sure' of the ID is the mother.

The judge is really coming down on the side of the prosecution on all this ... IMHO

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I'm not really following the actual events(i don't think this is THAT important).

How is it looking so far? GZ getting off the hook or looking toward a sentence?

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

You never really know with a jury...

but so far from my view... murder 2 is long gone and the manslaughter charge looks really shaky.

Prosecution should be able to rest its case sometime today as well.

Live stream here: Live If interested.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

Ok Thanks.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Judge calls for a recess until further notice.
Defense says that Martins brother impeached himself.
Judge huff'ed off and said that there is a recess while it's all being reviewed.
(in other words .. until she can figure out how to swing it all for the prosecution ... IMHO)

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   

but so far from my view... murder 2 is long gone
reply to post by ugie1028

I disagree. The element of bad intent is there for a jury to interpret. George's inconsistencies are there to be interpreted as self-serving lies. All George really has is his credibility, and that's going to be made to look very shaky by the prosecution.

edit on 5-7-2013 by IvanAstikov because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Originally posted by FlyersFan
She ID'd him without emotion. Just the facts.

I saw plenty of emotion. She seemed to be trying to maintain herself, but I saw and heard emotion.

Hi!

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   
for those who dont know what witness impeachment is... Linkage

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
O'Mara: Sorry for your loss
Prosecution: OBJECTION!!!!

really? and then for the judge to sustain it?

Okay explain it to me, what are the legal problems with O'mara saying, 'sorry for your loss'?

edit*

and something else I've been wondering...

the closest eyewitness and really the only reliable one is John Good, and he put Trayvon on top of Zimmerman, never wavering from that and saying he was making downward movements with his arms. He also stated he thought it was most likely Zimmerman screaming for help.

George Zimmerman has the blows to back up the claim that he was assaulted

Trayvon doesn't have any markings on his face like you'd expect someone who was being beaten to have.

so why would it be Trayvon screaming on the 911 call? It just doesn't make sense for it to have been him.
edit on 5-7-2013 by AlexG141989 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 127  128  129    131  132  133 >>

join