It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Zimmerman Trial

page: 129
<< 126  127  128    130  131  132 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie
Basically, how could Trayvon feel 'offended' or startled that someone was watching him?

- It wasn't his neighborhood so he was unfamiliar with it.

- The Neighborhood Watch (Zimmerman) failed to identify himself as such when he was following Martin. That's not illegal on the part of Zimmerman ... but it was not exactly the 'right' thing to do either. Ya' know?? I don't doubt that his failing to identify himself contributed to the events of that evening.

Zimmerman was asked why he didn't identify himself. He said he didn't get the opportunity. That may or may not be true. We'll never know. But the fact that Martin didn't know who Zimmerman was contributed to the fatal event, IMHO.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie
Why do you feel that Zimmerman did not have the liberty to leave his vehicle?.

Those who haven't bothered to watch the trial to gather the facts, haven't heard that lead investigator Serino testified under oath that Zimmerman broke no laws when he got out of his vehicle and followed Martin. Of course, it wasn't a smart thing to do, but it broke no laws.

Then what happened was this ... two angry people, who have continually made bad decisions, met on a rainy night in the dark alone ... and so one of them ended up beat up and the other ended up dead. Zimmermans voice had some anger in it on the dispatch call, and Martins social media postings were full of anger. I think they both had 'issues'. The mixture of the two of them in those circumstances was a promise of a bad ending for one or both.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
This is one of the most entertaining threads ive read in some time.....one thing I might have missed that I wanted to ask was, someone was telling me now al sharpton is saying this trial isnt about race after the illiterate black girl said crazy cracka....is this true?

I feel this trial is about race. I work in retail and I see a lot of black people wearing these t shirts with tmartin on them with letters saying justice will be made.

Now, to me if Zimmerman is not guilty I think black people will riot
Now, if he is guilty, I dont think anyone would give a #..Zimmerman looks like a mexican so I dont see white on black

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I know I may be a little late when it comes to the trial coverage ( I mentioned earlier that I have spent yesterday and most of the morning watching the YouTube videos of them), but WHOA!! I had to ask myself which side Osterman was the witness for!!!

He lends an awful lot of credibility to Zimmerman's account.

He states how Zimmerman was not looking for confrontation that night, and how Zimmerman only got out of his truck to identify what street he was on, AND to dispel the reason of suspicion in case Trayvon met back up with him.

The Prosecution kept trying to invoke a racial motive when he asked him to repeatedly to give the words Zimmerman used to describe Trayvon.

"Tall, slender build..."

"What about RACE?"

"uhh...he knew he was black, but wasn't focused on that."

"So he described him as BLACK?"

"(duuhhh) Yes. But he was mainly focused on his height, weight, and what he was wearing."

Plus he literally PROVES that Trayvon was the aggressor, which is the most important argument made.

edit on 4-7-2013 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-7-2013 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by WonderBoi
reply to post by ButterCookie

Basically, how could Trayvon feel 'offended' or startled that someone was watching him?
Zimmerman could have "watched" in the comforts of his "vehicle".
Don't cry about the NSA spying on you, then. Don't get so 'offended'.
Talk about a double standard society.

There is a difference in public and private places. The Constitution and laws make that clear.

No longer surprised by this type of logic.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   

I'm sticking with my theory...that this is all B.S. Wouldn't doubt if it were completely staged. No.....SERIOUSLY.

Ummmm, no.

To be a theory it must be supported by substantial empirical evidence, what you have here is unfounded speculation quickly crossing into the realm of ubsurd and distasteful fantasy when you want to start pontificating about staged events and paid actors.

A kid is dead and another man is on trial and possibly facing a very long prison sentence which will most likely be a death sentence unless he spends his years totally segregated from general population.

Two families have had their lives shattered and turned upside down while the very real possibility of large scale civil unrest is on everyone's mind in the event of an acquittal.

Meanwhile, rather than be content with irritating others with your knack of arguing just to argue, you approach the issue as some kind of kids game hoping to fan the flames by trying to fabricate make believe conspiracies.

Ironically, there are facets to this case that suggest the very real possibility of conspiratorial behavior within the special prosecutors office which you fail to recognize because they don't serve your purpose of demonizing a potentially innocent man.

Seriously, please treat the topic with some respect for your own dignity.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
If you guys/girls are bored of a day without court and missed out of the opening statments they are here below
interesting to review them.

edit on 4-7-2013 by Minus because: add in video

edit on 4-7-2013 by Minus because: add in video

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by AlexG141989
Is it a fact that Zimmerman lied about not knowing about the SYG law? I've heard others state that it wasn't even known as SYG back when he was attending classes...

Hannity asked Zimemrman if he knew 'Stand Your Ground'. Zimmerman said he didn't. That COULD be accurate because it wasn't 'Stand Your Ground' when Zimmerman went to class. That COULD be accurate because, just because it was in Zimmermans book under a different name doesn't mean that he studied or remembered it. But it also MIGHT not be accurate because Zimmerman might have remembered the rules but just under a different name.

Don't know who to believe...

No one really does IMHO. It's very convoluted. You aren't alone.
It's very clear.

George Zimmerman’s white father, Judge Robert J. Zimmerman as quoted below, described George as a ‘Spanish speaking minority’, painting him as neither Jewish, nor white. Well, being Jewish must then be a religion and not a heritage, and being white must only be matrilineal as paternal contributions must not reflect, in his fathers point of view.

It should be noted that George Zimmerman may have received favorable treatment from the police because of his family. ‎According to court records, his father is retired Supreme Court Magistrate Judge Robert Zimmerman and his mother Gladys Zimmerman was a court clerk. Connections in the legal community run deep and go far.

According to a records search on George, he was previously arrested for domestic violence, resisting an officer without violence and most shockingly, resisting an officer with violence — a felony charge that surely could have landed him in prison.

All three of those arrests, however, were mysteriously closed with no semblance of charges for the Florida resident. So how was someone with a violent past including that of battery against an officer able to carry a 9 mm handgun? Maybe that’s a question Robert Zimmerman should answer.

RollingOut.com lists the arrests and cases in question, from the Orange County, FL Circuit Court Clerk of the Court Records page

Record Count: 4
Search By: Party Exact Name: on Party Search Mode: Name Last Name: Zimmerman First Name: George Case Status: Closed Date Filed On or After: 01/01/2005 Date Filed On or Before: 01/01/2006 Sort By: Filed Date
Case Number Citation Number Style/Defendant Info Filed/Location/Judicial Officer Type/Status Charge(s)

Two cases of domestic violence:

2005-DR-012980-O
ZUAZO, VERONICA vs. ZIMMERMAN, GEORGE M
08/09/2005
Div 44 44, TBA
Domestic Violence
Closed – SRS

2005-DR-013069-O
ZIMMERMAN, GEORGE M vs. ZUAZO, VERONICA A
08/10/2005
Div 46 White, Keith F
Domestic Violence
Closed – SRS

A case of resisting arrest without violence:

2005-MM-010436-A-O
ZIMMERMAN, GEORGE MICHAEL 10/05/1983
07/18/2005
Orlando Miller, W Michael
Misdemeanor
Closed
CR-RESISTING OFFICER WITHOUT VIOLENCE

And most disturbingly in Bill’s terms, a closed case of resisting arrest with violence:

2005-CF-009525-A-O
ZIMMERMAN, GEORGE MICHAEL 10/05/1983
07/18/2005
Div 10 OKane, Julie H
Criminal Felony
Closed
CR-RESISTING OFFICER WITH VIOLENCE BATTERY ON LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER
Read more: newsrescue.com...

Do some of you still think George is the "good guy"? If so, i got property on the moon, for sale; with an "out of this world" view. Interested???

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Drunkenparrot

Two families have had their lives shattered
REALLY? Perhaps, you didn't hear.

Trayvon Martin's Family Settles Wrongful Death Suit

Trayvon Martin's family has reached a settlement in a wrongful death suit they filed against the homeowners association of the sub-division where Martin was killed, the Orlando Sentinel reports.

Portions of the settlement released Friday do not specify how much money Martin's family will receive, but according to the Sentinel, the figure is believed to be in excess of $1 million. The settlement does, however, state that Zimmerman is not part of the agreement. Lawyers for Martin's family have made it clear that they still plan to file a civil claim against Zimmerman at a later point.

turned upside down while the very real possibility of large scale civil unrest is on everyone's mind in the event of an acquittal.
That, i'll give you. Hence, part of the reason for my "theory". FACT IS: You DO NOT KNOW anything about anyone, regarding this event. Why do i say "event"? If it weren't, it wouldn't be broadcast all over the television. Shootings and killings happen, everyday. Why is this case so "special"?

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by WonderBoi

You can't legally own a firearm if you are convicted of domestic violence.

So the cases you posted are worthlessss.

ALSO that graphic you posted is a fake, mock up, full of lies. That picture is NOT a mugshot. It is Zimmerman in an orange collared shirt. The picture is from his driver's license. You are filling your own thread with lies to support an agenda.
edit on 4-7-2013 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by IvanAstikov

It was also a lie when she said she could "hear the sound of grass" and when she heard Trayvon say "Get off get off."

As I said before she lied when she was 100 percent sure it hurt the case against ZImmerman, but she wasn't able to discern always when the defense was getting her to say what they wanted. She was clueless. You can act like it's not likely that she would lie about some things and not others, but that's ridiculous.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

You can't legally own a firearm if you are convicted of domestic violence.

So the cases you posted are worthlessss.

ALSO that graphic you posted is a fake, mock up, full of lies. That picture is NOT a mugshot. It is Zimmerman in an orange collared shirt. The picture is from his driver's license. You are filling your own thread with lies to support an agenda.
YOU can't "legally" own a firearm, if you are convicted of domestic violence. Your daddy isn't a judge with ties to the legal community. Is he? Forget the picture, stick to the FACT that his daddy is!

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   

My god.. you never know what you are talking about. Judge Daddy's can't take care of everything for you. It would have come out in this trial. Everyone would know that his Dad helped him get a gun.

To imply he didn't legally own his gun, despite going through a concealed carry course, is foolish. His Dad would have to be MUCH higher up to do anything.

The reason is because he wasn't really charged with domestic violence. He didn't beat his wife, they were in a mutual fight, both had charges against them, and both were dropped. He has never had a significant charge on him in his life until this.. and it is a garbage charge that was instigated by a prosecutor looking for reelection, 2 months after the crime for which the police had let him go for.

He will be free again.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   

A little clarification

Robert J. Zimmerman served as a full-time magistrate from 2000-2006. Please be advised that in Virginia magistrates are judicial officers, but they are not considered "judges" and do not possess trial jurisdiction. More detailed information on the role of the magistrate in Virginia is available on Virginia's Judicial System Website

www.abcactionnews.com...

edit on 7/4/2013 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   

He wasn't convicted of domestic dispute. It was dropped. It was a mutual thing. As the above poster explained to you, his dad wasn't really a judge, but most importantly he worked in Virginia NOT Florida.

So his dad wouldn't really have any pull in Florida.

Try your next argument.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

A "magistrate" judge is an Article I judge who is generally appointed for a 10 year term. They are usually selected by the Article III judges in the district upon recommendation by a panel selected for that specific purpose. A magistrate judge can only handle preliminary matters (such as discovery) and can make recommendations to the Article III judge on dispositive issues. A magistrate judge cannot conduct the trial unless both parties consent to same.

Nitpicking about whether he was a judge or a magistrate doesn't get us any closer to knowing whether he had influential friends.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by IvanAstikov

I am just trying to get the facts about issues brought here, instead of people just thinking whatever.

But i have noticed many here want to overlook facts.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drunkenparrot

I'm sticking with my theory...that this is all B.S. Wouldn't doubt if it were completely staged. No.....SERIOUSLY.

Ummmm, no.

To be a theory it must be supported by substantial empirical evidence...

I know you are trying to make a point, but you are going about it wrong.

Theory is commonly used in a context of abstract reasoning & speculation, this is even supported by definition. Now, I am not saying he is wrong or right, but your opening sentence towards him (his theory) is clearly wrong.

new topics

top topics

<< 126  127  128    130  131  132 >>

join