It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

The Zimmerman Trial

page: 117
25
<< 114  115  116    118  119  120 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by IvanAstikov

Originally posted by UnBreakable
reply to post by IvanAstikov
 

No, just the opposite. You're words "Erm... because he'd been putting as much dedication into his combat classes as he'd put into his law studies, perhaps?" He obviously wasn't a cop, or had a career in law enforcement despite his "dedication" to classes. So, therefore he wasn't a hand-to-hand combat fighter, despite his "dedication" to combat classes.


He was trying to build up the experience needed so that when his credit problems were solved, he could give joining up another try. Despite his lie to Serino that he wanted to be a judge, he'd never given up on his obsession... or, let's be kinder and say, desire... to be a cop. And, if he couldn't be a cop just yet, walking around the neighbourhood like he was one, was the next best thing until he got his badge.



"He was trying to build up the experience needed so that when his credit problems were solved"

Is your statement court testimony or is this just you speculating? Because this 116 page thread is all speculation. The only people who know why they did what they did is GZ and TM, unfortunately TM is dead and GZ may or not be telling the truth as to what went down. Nobody on here does..................
edit on 3-7-2013 by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-7-2013 by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)




posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal
 


Very good explanation of the situation, this make perfect sense to me


Very exiting to watch this trial



posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by IvanAstikov
 


Doesn't sound like it was nearly as justifiable since Zimmerman is innocent and you are a convicted criminal lol. Are you from the U.S.?
edit on 3-7-2013 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by IvanAstikov
 


Doesn't sound like it was nearly as justifiable since Zimmerman was innocent and you are a convicted criminal lol. Are you from the U.S.?
Innocent? He shouldn't have been following Martin. That's what cops are for!!!



posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by IvanAstikov
 


Doesn't sound like it was nearly as justifiable since Zimmerman was innocent and you are a convicted criminal lol. Are you from the U.S.?


It actually dosnt take alot to get convicted as a criminal - an dosnt say anything about IvanAstikov's character.



posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by WonderBoi
 


My god.. you are more repetitive than a parrot.
He is innocent, he was waiting on the cops.



posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Minus
 


I was mostly poking fun, but to get 15 months for a supposed self defense case? He must have self defended someone's face off.

I have never been arrested and I can honestly say it wasn't that hard to avoid. At least so far.

And it does take quite a bit to get convicted with assault/battery which is what I am assuming he was booked for considering he said it was self defense.
edit on 3-7-2013 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
***ATTENTION***

This thread is under heavy staff scrutiny. This is an evolving story and the staff requires that the conversation remain civil.

Discuss the topic, not each other. Further violations may result in a suspension of your posting privileges while the staff reviews your account. Nobody enjoys playing in the sandbox when there are a few kids throwing rocks, at people on each side.

There will be no other warnings, please do not reply to this post.

Tenth
ATS Mod



posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by IvanAstikov
 


Doesn't sound like it was nearly as justifiable since Zimmerman is innocent and you are a convicted criminal lol. Are you from the U.S.?
edit on 3-7-2013 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)


No, the UK. I was in a private residence when someone pushed open a closed, but unlocked front door, and interrupted a group of people who'd gathered after a funeral. He was looking for his sister, who knew the tenant, and when he saw she wasn't there, thought he could sit in and help himself to a few beers. I asked him to leave, after first checking that the tenant didn't want him there. He took umbrage, stepped forward and threw a punch, as I stepped forward into his reach and threw him to the ground. He then grabbed hold of an empty beer bottle and I kicked him in the face as he was rising. That took the steam out of his sails and I picked him up, marched him to the front door and threw him out. 30 minutes later the police arrived.


edit on 3-7-2013 by IvanAstikov because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by IvanAstikov
her overall assessment that however many blows George received, he only ended up with insignificant injuries,

The state of the injuries really don't speak to the fact that a person doesn't have to have life threatening injuries to use self defense ... the person being attacked only has to reasonably believe that he will be seriously injured or dead if the attack continues.



posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
reply to post by MrWendal
 

The Prosecution brought in a hired gun ME. The ME that handled the body hasn't been on.
(unless I missed it??)



I havent seen the ME who handled the body either, that must come soon.



posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnBreakable

Originally posted by IvanAstikov

Originally posted by UnBreakable
reply to post by IvanAstikov
 

No, just the opposite. You're words "Erm... because he'd been putting as much dedication into his combat classes as he'd put into his law studies, perhaps?" He obviously wasn't a cop, or had a career in law enforcement despite his "dedication" to classes. So, therefore he wasn't a hand-to-hand combat fighter, despite his "dedication" to combat classes.


He was trying to build up the experience needed so that when his credit problems were solved, he could give joining up another try. Despite his lie to Serino that he wanted to be a judge, he'd never given up on his obsession... or, let's be kinder and say, desire... to be a cop. And, if he couldn't be a cop just yet, walking around the neighbourhood like he was one, was the next best thing until he got his badge.



"He was trying to build up the experience needed so that when his credit problems were solved"

Is your statement court testimony or is this just you speculating? Because this 116 page thread is all speculation. The only people who know why they did what they did is GZ and TM, unfortunately TM is dead and GZ may or not be telling the truth as to what went down. Nobody on here does..................
edit on 3-7-2013 by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-7-2013 by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)


It was entered in court when the documentation relating to him being turned down in his cop application was brought up.



posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by IvanAstikov
 


I erased the comment due to the mod post. If you want to answer you can message me.
edit on 3-7-2013 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by IvanAstikov
 


So you are not allowed to defend yourself if you want to be a cop one day? You guys sure have made a hell of a case out of PURE speculation. I have actually never seen a case where the prosecution was based on ONLY speculation (well maybe the Casey Anthony case, but even then she looked really bad - and she still rightfully got off).
edit on 3-7-2013 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel
Who here has served on a jury and deliberated to a verdict.

I was called once. Wasn't picked. Now I am exempt due to health issues.



posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by Minus
 


I was mostly poking fun, but to get 15 months for a supposed self defense case? He must have self defended someone's face off.

I have never been arrested and I can honestly say it wasn't that hard to avoid. At least so far.

And it does take quite a bit to get convicted with assault/battery which is what I am assuming he was booked for considering he said it was self defense.
edit on 3-7-2013 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)


Well, with your limited experience with LE I think I now have a better understanding of why you view this whole case the way you do. This is not criticism of you in any way,just saying it helps me understand.

There are many cases of self defense which resulted in prison terms of years. Some of which were later overturned or the sentences lowered. If you would like examples, you should look into the history of the Stand Your Ground laws vs Self Defense in Florida. There are several cases which could have been tried under Stand Your Ground, but were not and the defendants were found guilty. On Appeals, the convictions were lowed or over turned because the case DID fall under the Stand Your Ground law.

The law is not always black and white. It is very possible to defend yourself and get 15 months for doing so. Let me share with you a story I was a part of.......

I was working in a night club. The Managers used to let in an underaged kid and let him drink for free. The kid was 18 years old and would come in every weekend and get drunk then pick fights with random people. One night he picked a fight in a parking lot. He punched and hit a man several times. The man punched him back one time, and the boy fell and hit his head on the concrete. He later died from striking his head.

The man who punched him? Convicted of manslaughter for that one single punch in self defense after every single "witness" (my coworkers) lied in their attempts to cover up the illegal acts of the business.

The story they gave? The 18 year old never entered the club. The man was thrown out and walked out mad and punched him while he was in the parking lot walking towards the business, completely unprovoked.



posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by WonderBoi
Innocent? He shouldn't have been following Martin. That's what cops are for!!!

If you had watched the trial you would have been educated on the law by Lead Detective Serino.
He said that Zimmerman did not break any laws when he followed Martin.
This was a PROSECUTION witness that gave that information on the law.



posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by IvanAstikov
her overall assessment that however many blows George received, he only ended up with insignificant injuries,

The state of the injuries really don't speak to the fact that a person doesn't have to have life threatening injuries to use self defense ... the person being attacked only has to reasonably believe that he will be seriously injured or dead if the attack continues.



So, even if you knew that part of George's self-defence classes involved him having to use all his defence capabilities to withstand a barrage of blows from someone trained to throw punches, and then come back with punches of his own, whether he was stood up or on his back, you would still think he'd likely be in reasonable fear of his life if he'd had the beating he says he got off Trayvon, which only caused 3 insignificant injuries?
edit on 3-7-2013 by IvanAstikov because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal
 


The mods have asked us to stay on topic, but all of that is irrelevant as the poster I was responding to is from the UK (which I was aware of - which is why I asked if he was from the US).



posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by IvanAstikov
 

Martin was on top. Martin was beating him up. Zimmerman said he was in reasonable fear of serious injury or death. If Zimmerman was such a good fighter .. he wouldn't have been on the bottom and Martin wouldn't have been able to get the better of him like that. It's rather simple.



new topics

top topics



 
25
<< 114  115  116    118  119  120 >>

log in

join