It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Zimmerman Trial

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
For those of you unaware, the George Zimmerman murder trial has gotten underway. Here's a Timeline of Events to get you up to speed.

Unarmed 17-year-old Trayvon Martin was shot and killed by neighborhood watch volunteer George Zimmerman in an incident that sparked national debate and outrage. Now, Zimmerman is on trial for murder and faces a maximum of life in prison if convicted
How do you think the trial will end? Do you think George Zimmerman will be convicted or acquitted? Do you think there will be riots and civil unrest from the verdict?

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Here's what happened during day #2 of the trial. New Cell Phone Video: Key Evidence in Zimmerman Trial

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by WonderBoi
How do you think the trial will end?

With a lot of whining by both sides, no matter who wins.

Do you think George Zimmerman will be convicted or acquitted?

Found guilty of manslaughter. (I think that's one of the options available)

Do you think there will be riots and civil unrest from the verdict?

No matter the verdict .. yes ... some civil unrest.
Because there are some folks out there that would use any excuse to loot and cause problems.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by WonderBoi

I think that when everyone heard that a young unarmed black kid got shot by a guy named George Zimmerman, the left wingers jumped out in front of it calling racism on the assumption that Zimmerman was a white guy.

When it turned out Zimmerman is Hispanic, and Martin was a little gangbanger dope dealer wanna be. It was too late to back out of the circus, without looking like double standard scum. So now the media is stuck running with it.

I find the whole thing hilarious, regardless of what the outcome ends up.

Just my 2 cents.
edit on 11-6-2013 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn
reply to post by WonderBoi

I think that when everyone heard that a young unarmed black kid got shot by a guy named George Zimmerman, the left wingers jumped out in front of it calling racism on the assumption that Zimmerman was a white guy.

When it turned out Zimmerman is Hispanic, and Martin was a little gangbanger dope dealer wanna be. It was too late to back out of the circus, without looking like double standard scum. So now the media is stuck running with it.

I find the whole thing hilarious, regardless of what the outcome ends up.

Just my 2 cents.
edit on 11-6-2013 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

I find nothing funny about a dead 17 year old and a man facing possible life in prison regardless of who the aggressor was........

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
If the prosecution has any solid evidence that Zimmerman had been training at a renowned mma gym for the 2 years prior to the fight and was a good student, it's sure going to make his claim that he was helpless against Trayvon Martin's savage assault look rather flimsy. I'd like to know if his trainer is disappointed at how easily George supposedly got manhandled by a stoned 17 yr old who weighed 30lb less than him.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I am almost certain that Zimmerman will be found guilty of at leaast manslaughter. I don't know nough of te facts to say whether he is guilty or not, but I will say that there was no possiblity of him getting a fiar trial once the media circus started. Based on just what the media shows us, it seems that he was acting in a way that could be unlawful, but we have no idea what they are not telling us. As for civil unrest, at least some will happen. Hopefully it dos not get so bad that the authorities have to step in and squash the riots.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Originally posted by FlyersFan

How do you think the trial will end?

With a lot of whining by both sides, no matter who wins.

When one person unnecessarily takes the life of another, NO ONE WINS.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 05:23 AM
link   
ABC News - Potential Zimmerman Juror Lied

:shk: This juror should have been arrested for telling lies to the court.

Potential Juror 7 told the court he hadn't formed an opinion nor posted anything online about the incident. But his facebook page showed he had posted that 'justice was coming' and that he was anti-Zimmerman etc etc etc ....

Zimmerman won't get a fair trial. It's impossible.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

How does that work? One American gets caught trying to sneak onto a jury to try and rig the vote and that means the system is broke and irrepairable?

Fact is, whoever gets on there, unless they have some kind of mental deficit that prevents them seeing clear facts, as soon as they find out that Zimmerman had had 16 lessons at a highly regarded mma gym and was at his best fighting weight ever, yet was allegedly outsmarted and outfought by a 17 yr old dopehead, their eyes will fill with hatred for the liar in the dock.
edit on 13-6-2013 by IvanAstikov because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by IvanAstikov

Fighting on the streets =\= fighting in a ring. Hey I have some training too but if someone caught me off guard with a sucker punch a gun might be the only defense left. It's not uncommon for lucky punches to lay someone out cold or even kill them. Little know fact some of you might not know is being punched in the head at any skill level can kill someone and therefor deadly force. Lots of instances where fist fights end in death over bare knuckle punches. Just because Zimmerman took classes doesn't mean he could have defended himself in the given situation. Don't jump to such I'll informed decisions

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

Hmmm so i get into an accident today, and i have a photo of me drinking a beer, so according to this "evidence"... me drinking beer 3 yrs ago = how i got into accident today?

i have posed for a photo like i'm a bad boy in many of my high school age photos, that doesn't mean i'm am one.

TM could be a drug addict, gun smuggler, captain of a pirate-ship for all i care, that day has nothing to do with his past, he was engaged.

Zimmerman's defense went out the window when police told him to stop following him, and he did anyway.

The whole "left wingers racism" crap.. maybe the right wingers supported Zimmerman because the other guy was black? two can play at that game.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

Just police the asked him to stop doesn't mean it was unlawful for him to pursue TM. If someone was acting up to no good in my neighborhood and the cops said let it go I would have said "# you, if I don't atleast follow him how can I tell the cops where he is so they can do their jobs" lots of instances where people chase each other for all kinds of reasons. Truth is TM was probably up to no good and had zero respect for authority figures. Zimmerman had an explainable reason for doing what he was doing he was just being vigilant around where he lives. What is TM excuse for acting shady looking into people's houses and stuff in the damn rain.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   

For those of you unaware, the George Zimmerman murder trial has gotten underway. Here's a Timeline of Events to get you up to speed.

Unarmed 17-year-old Trayvon Martin was shot and killed by neighborhood watch volunteer George Zimmerman in an incident that sparked national debate and outrage. Now, Zimmerman is on trial for murder and faces a maximum of life in prison if convicted
How do you think the trial will end? Do you think George Zimmerman will be convicted or acquitted? Do you think there will be riots and civil unrest from the verdict?

Zimmerman will be convicted as a result of your second question. Not because Zimmerman is truly guilty as he shot TR as a response to getting his head slammed in the ground, but because of fear of the riots that will ensue if he is found not guilty. After the incident he was a free man for 44 days after the case was initially reviewed and law enforcement found no law broken as he killed in self-defense. But as a response to certain forces who weren't satisfied he was arrested by an overzealous DA for political reasons. They want to avoid another Rodney King incident, so they will pacify those who want to set fire and destroy property and kill/beat up others as a response for not getting their way.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by UnBreakable

I hope not. Fingers crossed

Let me rephrase. I hope no matter what verdict there are no riots. But I really want a fair trial for anyone who goes before our justice system. But I really think Zimmerman is hemmed up in some deep political and agenda angled dookie.
edit on 13-6-2013 by marbles87 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by IvanAstikov
How does that work? One American gets caught trying to sneak onto a jury to try and rig the vote and that means the system is broke and irrepairable?

Straw man absurdium. Where exactly did I say the system was 'broke and unrepairable'?

I said that ZImmerman won't be able to get a fair trial. This tainted juror is an example.
And where you see one cockroach .. there are thousands in the walls that you can't see.

There are people wanting to get on the jury who are agenda driven.
I don't know if the system can catch them all or not.
Considering the system .... I'd say 'probably not'.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

I thought the GPS evidence showed that Zimmerman did stop following TM and was heading back to his truck when TM circled around to confront him. Was this proven to be false or just BS?

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by marbles87
reply to post by IvanAstikov

Fighting on the streets == fighting in a ring.

Never said it did. You can't deny that a decent background in mma is going to help rather than hinder on the street. Besides, George wasn't training for the ring, he was training to help defend himself against common street criminals when he became a cop.

Hey I have some training too but if someone caught me off guard with a sucker punch a gun might be the only defense left.
That's all very well, but why do you believe Zimmerman was sucker punched?

It's not uncommon for lucky punches to lay someone out cold or even kill them. Little know fact some of you might not know is being punched in the head at any skill level can kill someone and therefor deadly force. Lots of instances where fist fights end in death over bare knuckle punches.

When they end in death and serious injury, it's because they've happened unexpectedly and they've been unable to protect themselves from falling and incurring further injury. It's actually pretty rare for healthy people to die just from punches to the head, as is evident from the entire history of boxing.

Just because Zimmerman took classes doesn't mean he could have defended himself in the given situation. Don't jump to such I'll informed decisions

They're not ill informed, they come from the experience of someone who has been both the attacked and the attacker. It's funny how any slight connection to fighting that TM had is being lauded as evidence of his likelihood of being an aggressive thug, but Zimmerman's $1600 worth of self-defence training has no bearing on how easily he was manhandled by a 30lb lighter adversary, who despite being allegedly under the influence of the wacky baccy, still managed to surprise George, the vigilant neighbourhood watch guy..
edit on 13-6-2013 by IvanAstikov because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   

reply to post by UnBreakable

I hope not. Fingers crossed

Let me rephrase. I hope no matter what verdict there are no riots. But I really want a fair trial for anyone who goes before our justice system. But I really think Zimmerman is hemmed up in some deep political and agenda angled dookie.
edit on 13-6-2013 by marbles87 because: (no reason given)

Zimmerman will be another martyr to further the erosion of our 2nd amendment rights under this USSA administration. That's the political agenda.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join