It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Study: Fukushima fuel burn-up spread over entire northern hemisphere’s middle latitudes — First

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Study: Fukushima fuel burn-up spread over entire northern hemisphere’s middle latitudes — First time measured in southern hemisphere

enenews.com... phere

Title sums up the bad news. Sorry to the folks in the northern latitudes of the southern hemisphere. Yet,

It is important to note that all of the radiation levels detected outside of Japan have been very low and are well below any level of public and environmental hazard.

The study with lots of graphs and charts can be found here:

An overview of Fukushima radionuclides measured in the northern hemisphere
www.sciencedirect.com...

The radioactive gases and particles released in the accident were dispersed over the middle latitudes of the entire northern hemisphere and for the first time also measured in the southern Hemisphere. Isotopes of iodine and cesium were detected in air, water, milk and food samples collected across the entire northern hemisphere. Elevated levels of fission products were detected from March to May 2011 at many locations over the northern hemisphere.

Not a scientific brain cell in my head, but I thought radioactive exposure had a cumulative effect on people over time.

Sorry to say knowing the source of this study:

a Carlsbad Environmental Monitoring & Research Center, 1400 University Drive, Carlsbad, NM 88220, USA
b Department of Energy, Carlsbad Field Office, 4021, National Parks Hwy, Carlsbad, NM 88220, USA

makes me suspect the credibility of it.

Did search. Moderators please move if this belongs elsewhere.
edit on 6/11/2013 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

It is important to note that all of the radiation levels detected outside of Japan have been very low and are well below any level of public and environmental hazard.

Tepco speak to be sure. They used to say "below detectable limits". Now its below "public hazard", whatever that means. Then they bomb us with charts and nomenclature in which they periodically upgrade the "detectable hazard limits".

Most of the charts report about the initial releases of airborne amounts within the first few days of the accident. Some of those radioactive elements are short lived and have since decayed so I would expect them to be below "hazard" levels. Its the other stuff in the oceans, the melted reactor cores and the water storage tanks on the site that presents an ongoing risk. That is a risk over time, not so far.

Here a good read on some of that.

Water Crisis at Fukushima

join