It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happened before the big bang?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

Yes I dont think thats an accurate way of looking at things. I dont think time can be viewed as some separate entity or some natural 'thingness' which exists as itself or apart for matter. The understanding of the concept of time and the reality of time, only exists, as a faculty, function, and result of the nature of matter and energy. Energy and matter are all that exists. energy and matter changing forms is time. Time is not a thing. So when you say something along the lines of, 'maybe time is moving out in waves' or whatever you said, your really, in my mind describing relativity, the fact that energy moves at different velocities with different angular momentum and local interactions, that according to different reference points = different rates of time. So yes time has to expand outward similar to waves, because matter and energy expand outward similar to waves, and matter and energy expanding outward is time.

About the mirror going 2 light years, I may be wrong in thinking this, but if you had a mirror and traveled 2 light years away, you wouldnt see the earth as it was 4 years ago. Because even if you did travel with the mirror 2 light years at the speed of light, wouldnt light from the earth be traveling from the date you left, 2 light years with you at the speed of light, and you would be seeing the earth as it was the day you left? If you travel with the mirror slower then the speed of light, you would see the light reflected from the earth from some time after your left earth.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragonridr

Where not talking about anti matter i dont believe that either were talking about time violations in neutral kaons as observed by cern.

Kinda disappointed you ignored my entire response and questions, to say quite obviously that we are not talking about anti matter, something I mentioned in passing, which was not significant to the main part of my reply.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImaFungi
reply to post by dragonridr

Yes I dont think thats an accurate way of looking at things. I dont think time can be viewed as some separate entity or some natural 'thingness' which exists as itself or apart for matter. The understanding of the concept of time and the reality of time, only exists, as a faculty, function, and result of the nature of matter and energy. Energy and matter are all that exists. energy and matter changing forms is time. Time is not a thing. So when you say something along the lines of, 'maybe time is moving out in waves' or whatever you said, your really, in my mind describing relativity, the fact that energy moves at different velocities with different angular momentum and local interactions, that according to different reference points = different rates of time. So yes time has to expand outward similar to waves, because matter and energy expand outward similar to waves, and matter and energy expanding outward is time.

About the mirror going 2 light years, I may be wrong in thinking this, but if you had a mirror and traveled 2 light years away, you wouldnt see the earth as it was 4 years ago. Because even if you did travel with the mirror 2 light years at the speed of light, wouldnt light from the earth be traveling from the date you left, 2 light years with you at the speed of light, and you would be seeing the earth as it was the day you left? If you travel with the mirror slower then the speed of light, you would see the light reflected from the earth from some time after your left earth.

no looking at the mirror from earth it takes 2 yrs for light to get there and two years to return. So us earthlings would see the earth as it was 4 yrs ago. Time that it takes to place the mirror is irrelevant other then the poor sole that would return to earth 50 yrs later to find all his friends dead.

<< 10  11  12   >>

join