It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A mirage F1 crashed in an hippodrom !

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2003 @ 04:58 AM
link   
In short: Crash With Mount-Of-Marsan A fighter Mirage F1, victim of a breakdown of engine right before its landing on the air basis 118 of Mount-of-Marsan, was crushed Saturday afternoon on the hippodrome of the city without making casualties. The pilot is healthy and except.

(French technology...
)

posted on May, 14 2003 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Did he win the race?

posted on May, 14 2003 @ 08:59 PM
link   
In Spain, in 110 km from Madrid, a eurofighter aircraft has crashed.As reported the Minister/Secretary of Defense of Spain Federico Tril'o, two pilots, that were being located in the aircraft, they had time to be catapulted.No one of them suffered.the eurofighter typhoon DA' carried out training flight at the height of 15 thousand meters, when in it both engines simultaneously refused.

posted on May, 15 2003 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by $tranger
...when in it both engines simultaneously refused.

Do you mean the plane use a microsoft software ?

I already posted that pic, but that pic allways make me laugh to death...I'm not sure that I know why.

posted on May, 15 2003 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Hey Nans, I was thinking France wasn't using the F-1 anymore.

And for the first time, I don't think that you have to laugh from the F-1 and France aircrafts technology. It's not fair, cuz the F-1 is going back to the sixties. So, it's an old aircraft ( like the F-4 Phantom ).

You see, sometimes I can be nice with France.

posted on May, 20 2003 @ 08:55 AM
link   

posted on May, 20 2003 @ 04:19 PM
link   
They just sell it to down on their luck dictators...

posted on May, 20 2003 @ 10:32 PM
link   
A few years ago, wasnt there a Mig at an airshow that flamed out at very low altitude from a birdstrike? If I am remembering correctly, the pilot ejected at something less than 15 meters altitude and still survived.

Talk about a good ejection seat!

posted on May, 22 2003 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragonrider
A few years ago, wasnt there a Mig at an airshow that flamed out at very low altitude from a birdstrike? If I am remembering correctly, the pilot ejected at something less than 15 meters altitude and still survived. Talk about a good ejection seat!

Yes, It was at Paris-Air Show, something like a mig 31 or 37 making figures at very low altitude, russians accused France and USA to use Microwave jamming at Pris-Airshow, because there were still there the supersonic TUPOLEV crash in 1975...

posted on May, 22 2003 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Yours truly needs to research for a link, but saw on TLC (the learning channel)??, the Russians have developed a superior ejection seat - better than any in the USA. The US Air Force is considering (or has already) installing Russian ejection seats in US Air Force aircraft.

new topics

top topics

join