It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Majority Of Americans Support NSA Surveillance Programs: Poll

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Thanks for all the informative replies.
I am agreeing on this as a manipulative front because "they*" are seeing the outrage going on, have to push any of it to turn the public against the opposition. The slight hand of doubt comes from viewing a Twitter page, dunno if I can fully discuss here, which is re-tweeting all of the twitter posts who support the NSA spying. There seems to be a trend in how close their opinions are, either fake accounts or the media is starting to influence and or their dedication to the admin and ignorance is showing.

*media, administration,etc.
edit on 11-6-2013 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Internet Explorer

a majority of Americans are fine with the agency's pervasive reach. Still, a sizable majority is opposed to the vast NSA surveillance net.

This makes no sense. You can't have two majorities.

We just don't know the true majority on the matter as of yet.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamingawake

Apparently a larger majority of Americans than not versus 41 percent in opposition, support NSA/Prism spying. Now I'm not one to normally buy into polls as 100 percent evident supporting a view. However let's discuss is? I find this very alarming, as their might be a possibly as to what Americans really feel. What do you say ATS!?

Apologies if posted already.

www.ibtimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Who cares. "Majority" only matters in a democracy.

We are (supposed to be) a Constitutional Republic, where the individual is what matters. The rights of the individual supercede the rights of the majority, as the rights of the majority are predicated by the individual.

Our nation is so dumbed down that we think we are a democracy, and that we should do what the majority thinks we should do. It is quite sad.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by redoubt

It is my personal view that polls today are nothing more than fully commissioned avenues to convince the public that it thinks a certain way.
The designer poll creates opinion rather than gauging it. It's another form of the tail wagging the dog.

I think you nailed it.

Too bad the majority will never realize this.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by KyrieEleison
reply to post by Internet Explorer

It's conditioning at work...

Next thing will be chipping everyone and taking DNA samples and the population will be fine with it because you have to route out those pesky terrorists that are around every corner.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
could be that many of those people who "voted in favor" believed the line that was passed out that it only affected OTHER COUNTRIES. so you might say that the "majority" see's nothing wrong with spying on everyone else but themselves.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by RedShirt73

Yeah, they are conflating "fighting terrorism" with some highly unethical and unconstitutional practices.

It reminds me of a book about Matt Groening that I read some time ago, where (if I recall correctly) while in school he was running a party platform dubbed "The Morality Party" with the slogan, "If you're not for morality, what are you for?"

In this case, if you aren't against "terrorism", what are you against?

Try to be the reasoned person in the crowd to offer up an argument and see how quickly the piranha turn on you.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
In days of old, the threat was that God was up there watching you so you better be good. In the modern era the new god is state apparatus.

Be careful what you do or say, the never blinking god of surveillance is watching. At this point I don't see that they even really need such an apparatus. They have everyone quaking in their boots just telling us they do.

And guess what, the newest "poll" says we love it!

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

Why is it when anything controversial comes out and MAJORITY don't agree there is a Poll to show Majority agree?

Someone needs to find that poll monkey pressing the buttons and put a stop to this. These polls are smelling like a conspiracy and I don't go around yelling or stating conspiracy at the drop of a dime.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Let me get this straight:

A "body scanner" on an airport is a major scandal, but GIGATONS of sensitive, private data accessed are not?

LOL or BS...or both

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I call BS on this poll.

Even here in the UK the majority seem to be against such heavy handed survallance and we are used to cameras ect already.

So if the majority over hear dont like it then surely Americans would hate it even more?

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Polls and statistics...I mean seriously do people still fall for that cr4p...yes unfortunately..they do.
99% of women think I'm the sexiest man in the world...now if only i could get that message into people magazine, Id get laid all the time .

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
This poll is totally bogus..... I know some of the most patriotic people that anyone would love to know and they are totally pissed about the NSA Surveillance Program.

I call BS on this Poll.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I for one wouldn't be surprised. How many times have you read "as long as it's keeping me and my family safe from terrorism, I'm fine with it"? It's enough to make me clench my teeth in frustration.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
To me the majority of people are spineless sheep. It's not surprising at all to see most people comply with this.

These people already put all their lives over Facebook, their locations tagged with every picture taken on their smart phones. These people ALLOW all of this to continue because they don't care, they're engrossed and entranced with their infotainment, smart phone games and their own lives to even be paying any attention to this and what it means.

IMO, willfully ignorant sheeple are just as dangerous to our freedoms and liberties as any other tyrant out there.
edit on 11-6-2013 by Dominar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

This is the same government propaganda that was played during the anti gun legislation we knew it was propaganda, the government do this to steer away the opinions of citizens when they know they can not brake the majority they put an element of doubt.

Every time the government is caught trying to infringe on constitutional rights they come out with propaganda like this.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

To complement what Wrabbit is saying, I'd also add that, as somebody who aced statistics, that the sample size for this poll was actually a wee bit too small. If I recall correctly, the sample size was around 1000 when a more appropriate sample size with a 95% confidence level would be more around 1040-1060 in number...at the least. That small difference can actually shift the percentages by quite a bit. Normally, I don't give polls much attention because, politically, they don't always reflect things correctly as political issues tend to be complex ideas, it's easy to sway the results based on geographic area (did they ask these questions in Washington DC or Portland, OR?--would get huge differences in results) and they are easy to fudge. However, the sample size on this one made my eyebrow raise and stood out where I actually went to check out a sample size calculator to verify that it was too small. Normally polls like these have a sample size of around 1100-1400 when representing the total population of the US or even voting population.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
This has to be the under 30 population who grew up in the digital age. The same group who thinks rich people are evil and the government should provide everything you want. I don't know anyone my age or older who thinks it's okay for the government to record and monitor your every move.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I've noticed more news reports about bomb threats being phoned in since this NSA story broke. The flight to Phoenix, Newtown school and now Princeton University.

Seems a bit odd is all. A way to get people on board.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Where are they doing these polls? In communitys were the NSA guys and girls work and live?

new topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join