It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Babylon Rising

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Here is an interesting talk given by Rob Skiba on end times.
It's full of some very interesting observations I think everyone should be aware of.
www.youtube.com...#!
edit on 11-6-2013 by UnderGetty because: good idea to add the link huh!

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by UnderGetty

You best give a little more review of the movie link you just posted and why I should be compelled to spend an hour and 4 minutes of my time on it...other than just an interesting observation...
edit on 11-6-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Babylon has already risen, it's the world we live in today, due in no small part to religion and its teachings and dogma.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   

I'm watching it now.

Seems very interesting so far. I'm familiar with Tom Horn.

ETA: At the 40 min. mark it gets into the attacks of 9/11 and they are spot on.
Pentagon was attacked/bombed to cover up Rumsfeld coming out the day before ( Sept. 10, 2001 and saying 2.3 Trillion was missing
) Very Good. This is also talking about 2012 ( may be the beginning of the End Times, Tribulation ) Over all, some things to bring our attention to.
edit on 11-6-2013 by DaphneApollo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Actually, Babylon has fallen, has fallen...

Revelations, chapter 18

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   

I watched the video and there was little in there that has not been discussed here on ATS, but this was a different perspective on things in a way. I appreciated that the presentation did not come in the form of a religious sermon.

If Iraq's economy is to rise above that of China's, I don't expect that it will be in my lifetime.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Here is my take on this...

Map of Babylonian Empire...

Map of proposed "greater Israel"...

Also Babylon is symbolized as a whore.... which represents a city. That city is accused of having the blood of prophets and holy men.

Jerusalem.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage

You best give a little more review of the movie link you just posted and why I should be compelled to spend an hour and 4 minutes of my time on it...other than just an interesting observation...

With an attitude like that, it's best you don't watch it

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by UnderGetty

Originally posted by abeverage

With an attitude like that, it's best you don't watch it

Actually on ATS it is considered polite to give at least a synopsis of the video and your opinion. Just a heads up.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

Also Babylon is symbolized as a whore.... which represents a city. That city is accused of having the blood of prophets and holy men.

Which is why she was destroyed twice from 70 A.D. to 135 A.D.

Ofcourse, in the end he will redeem her.

The Day of the Lord (Yom Kippur, Christ's second coming to judge the gentiles)

1 Behold, the day of the Lord is coming,
And your spoil will be divided in your midst.
2 For I will gather all the nations to battle against Jerusalem;
The city shall be taken,
The houses rifled,
And the women ravished.
Half of the city shall go into captivity,
But the remnant of the people shall not be cut off from the city.

3 Then the Lord will go forth
And fight against those nations,
As He fights in the day of battle.
4 And in that day His feet will stand on the Mount of Olives,
Which faces Jerusalem on the east.
And the Mount of Olives shall be split in two,
From east to west,
Making a very large valley;
Half of the mountain shall move toward the north
And half of it toward the south.
5 Then you shall flee through My mountain valley,
For the mountain valley shall reach to Azal.
Yes, you shall flee
As you fled from the earthquake
In the days of Uzziah king of Judah.

Thus the Lord my God will come,
And all the saints with You.

6 It shall come to pass in that day
That there will be no light;
The lights will diminish.
7 It shall be one day
Which is known to the Lord—
Neither day nor night.
But at evening time it shall happen
That it will be light.

8 And in that day it shall be
That living waters shall flow from Jerusalem,
Half of them toward the eastern sea
And half of them toward the western sea;
In both summer and winter it shall occur.
9 And the Lord shall be King over all the earth.
In that day it shall be—
“The Lord is one,”
And His name one.

10 All the land shall be turned into a plain from Geba to Rimmon south of Jerusalem. Jerusalem[c] shall be raised up and inhabited in her place from Benjamin’s Gate to the place of the First Gate and the Corner Gate, and from the Tower of Hananel to the king’s winepresses.

11 The people shall dwell in it;
And no longer shall there be utter destruction,
But Jerusalem shall be safely inhabited.

12 And this shall be the plague with which the Lord will strike all the people who fought against Jerusalem:

Their flesh shall dissolve while they stand on their feet,
Their eyes shall dissolve in their sockets,
And their tongues shall dissolve in their mouths.

13 It shall come to pass in that day
That a great panic from the Lord will be among them.
Everyone will seize the hand of his neighbor,
And raise his hand against his neighbor’s hand;
14 Judah also will fight at Jerusalem.
And the wealth of all the surrounding nations
Shall be gathered together:
Gold, silver, and apparel in great abundance.

15 Such also shall be the plague
On the horse and the mule,
On the camel and the donkey,
And on all the cattle that will be in those camps.
So shall this plague be.

The Nations Worship the King

16 And it shall come to pass that everyone who is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall go up from year to year to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, and to keep the Feast of Tabernacles. 17 And it shall be that whichever of the families of the earth do not come up to Jerusalem to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, on them there will be no rain. 18 If the family of Egypt will not come up and enter in, they shall have no rain; they shall receive the plague with which the Lord strikes the nations who do not come up to keep the Feast of Tabernacles. 19 This shall be the punishment of Egypt and the punishment of all the nations that do not come up to keep the Feast of Tabernacles.

20 In that day “HOLINESS TO THE LORD” shall be engraved on the bells of the horses. The pots in the Lord’s house shall be like the bowls before the altar. 21 Yes, every pot in Jerusalem and Judah shall be holiness to the Lord of hosts. Everyone who sacrifices shall come and take them and cook in them. In that day there shall no longer be a Canaanite in the house of the Lord of hosts.

edit on 13-6-2013 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

She was destroyed for a very major sin.... the attempt to kill their own messiah (yes,I know we differ on that matter)...but we both know they were wrong in their treatment of Jesus. There really was no reason why "Israel" had to be re-established in 1948... and that too as a cesspool of sin and corruption, which it is today.

Let me ask you a question....exactly what prophecy in the Bible says Israel would be re-established as the sinful nation that it is today? Its simply mind boggling how so many Christians think this anti-Christian nation that lets gays parade in the streets and is a haven of prostitution.... is of God. Either God allowed this sinful anti-Christian nation to emerge in the holy land... or He didn't. And if He didn't, and modern Israel is the doing of human politics... then it is DOOMED.

The reason why we read of "Babylon" in Revelations.... is because it is a reference to the geographical region of the kingdom of Babylon, which Israel occupies today, in OUR time. Israel now stands in place of the Babylonian empire and will possible expand "from the Nile to the Euphrates",which is why the map of the proposed "greater" Israel is pretty much the same as that of the ancient Babylonian empire. (Refer to maps in my previous post)

Modern day Israel IS the beast. And its capital Jerusalem is the whore(city) that rides the beast.

God knows best.

edit on 13-6-2013 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
reply to

She was destroyed for a very major sin.... the attempt to kill their own messiah (yes,I know we differ on that matter)...but we both know they were wrong in their treatment of Jesus. There really was no reason why "Israel" had to be re-established in 1948... and that too as a cesspool of sin and corruption, which it is today.

Except one thing. Jesus blinded them, because he had to be offered up. He explains all of this in John 10, that no one was taking his life, that he was giving it willingly. If they had known who he was, they would never have lifted him up and we'd all be damned forever. They were playing their role as the priests of the nations. Jesus blinded them so that we gentiles could be saved. Prophecy states that just having Israel was not enough, he wanted the nations too.

Let me ask you a question....exactly what prophecy in the Bible says Israel would be re-established as the sinful nation that it is today? Its simply mind boggling how so many Christians think this anti-Christian nation that lets gays parade in the streets and is a haven of prostitution.... is of God. Either God allowed this sinful anti-Christian nation to emerge in the holy land... or He didn't. And if He didn't, and modern Israel is the doing of human politics... then it is DOOMED.

No prophecy says it would be established as a sinful nation. It's not the secular that is important it's the remnant hiding within it. This is what the scriptures establish: that we are all sinners in need of redeeming, and they no less than us, we are all dead in our sins without Christ. Another thing the scriptures establish is nothing happens, without his knowledge and scriptures also state that when he opens a door no man can shut it, and when he shuts a door no man can open it and what that means is, the jews are there and it is by his hand. The entire point of the Great Tribulation (Jacob's Trouble) is to refine them and bring them to Christ.

The reason why we read of "Babylon" in Revelations.... is because it is a reference to the geographical region of the kingdom of Babylon, which Israel occupies today, in OUR time. Israel now stands in place of the Babylonian empire and will possible expand "from the Nile to the Euphrates",which is why the map of the proposed "greater" Israel is pretty much the same as that of the ancient Babylonian empire. (Refer to maps in my previous post)

That is a literal interpretation, but let us not forget that "Babylon" was just one head on the Beast, there will be 8 total and we're in between the 7th and 8th heads. The woman in scarlet that rides the Beast is a religion, which can also represent a city or church/synogogue/mosque as prophetic language establishes that "women" often have an allegorical implication. An interesting thing to note is that the egyptian goddess Isis had a title "the Woman in Scarlet" yet Isis is just the egyptian version if Ishtar the Queen of Heaven (a.k.a. Ashtoreth) whom the catholics revere as Mary the Mother and Spouse of God (Holy Spirit) in their litanies to Mary.

Modern day Israel IS the beast. And its capital Jerusalem is the whore(city) that rides the beast.

The Beast is alot bigger than you think it is. It has gobbled up quite alot of geography from Egypt, Assyria, Babylon, Medo-Persia, Greece, Roman/H.R.E. and Islam. Each time the Israelites turned to idolatry God sent them into the belly of the Beast until they repented, and when their hearts turned back to him he would strike the current head of the Beast down, until the next time they backslid. Each time he struck a head of the Beast down it got bigger and we just saw the 7th head get struck down in 1924 and the Beast is growing even larger, and beginning to overtake the land of the former head (Europe).

After Jesus was betrothed, it didn't take 3 hours by heaven's time for her to start fornicating with the pagan gods Mythra/Sol Invictus, Ashtoreth/Cybele. As soon as he went away to build the marriage bowers, she was inviting the neighbors into her bed by compromising (Revelation 2:12-24). Walking in ancient Israel's footsteps. The jews might have wanted Christ dead, but it was the romans who nailed him to the cross. The woman in purple and scarlet is the Vatican. Scarlet and purple are the colors of the cardinals and bishops, the same colors the Whore wears.

edit on 13-6-2013 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
If I didn't believe some folks were sincere and intelligent I'd swear they get all their fantasy end of the word apocalypse stuff from a Left Behind Movie.It seems many are more interested in playing bible chess than knowing the truth however I'm not.

The Truth is the book of Revelation is written in metaphors... words and signs ...numbers that "signify".NONE of it is predictive or prophetic of literal historical events or places.There is no Babylon city or place or Armageddon battlefield or wilderness or a city of New Jerusalem that is 1,500 mile cube city.... that is an absolute suspension of reality...they are metaphors ... signified.Paul clearly stated what an allegory scripture is .Hagar is Mt Sinai... the Law and Sarah represents Jerusalem above ...the mother of us ALL..It is ALL an allegory.Can it be more clear.

The book of Revelation is about one thing only ...the revelation...(translated from the Greek apocalypse which means unveiling or uncovering).......of Jesus(which is a transliteration of The Greek Iesous which is translated from the Hebrew Yahoshua(his real name which means nature) which means Yahweh is salvation......Christ which is the Greek christos translated for the Hebrew mashiach (messiah) which means the anointing or anointed..literally it means to rub on....in this case the power of God.
So: it is

The unveiling of Gods salvation the power of God.

That is ALL it is about.It is written in metaphors and signs.To read into it some far fetched religious fanatsy is utter foolishness because...It is about salvation NOT destruction.It is NOT about the cataclysmic end of the world of God fighting Satan to get his world back then punish the evil doers who were complicit with Satan...in the eternal torture of Hell .That is pure insanity and the most heinous blasphemy ever thought of by man.

The book of revelation clearly states what ALL prophecy is. The testimony (witness) of Yahoshua(Gods salvation) IS the spirit(life) of prophecy...

NOT some convoluted poorly scripted summer block buster movie of the end of the world.It states clearly what Babylon is.... it is the Great Whore that deceives the world...RELIGION!! the synagogue of Satan...yes Satans main gig isn't out corrupting the peoples of the world with sex, drugs and rock n roll but with RELIGION.God has blinded the religious with delusion that they would believe a lie! Babylon..babel..the confusion of words what the religious man really worships. ...not God.

God is not "words" in a book.His is the LIVING word the rhema(action).He does not live in a box (the ark of the covenant) nor in the pages of the "bible" that is very,very erroneous.Who of the religious will believe that..NONE because they can't!They worship the words(the doctrines of men) and have made void(worth nothing) the LIVING word of God because they are blind and deaf and living in Babylon ...which there is no escape from because no one wants to leave.They think they are in New Jerusalem from above but it is only Old Jerusalem...the twice cursed city that will be utterly destroyed.

The other shoe has dropped and it is on their foot because it fits.They think "they" are the chosen"few" but they are only the many are called.They have called for judgement on others (hell) and Matthew 7 judgement they are getting.The speck in their eye is a tree they can't see the forest through.It is an awful thing to fall into the hands of the LIVING God.
edit on 14-6-2013 by Rex282 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join