It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NSA Leaker is 'Traitor', says Boehner

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
They sure are moving fast with this guy.

House Speaker John Boehner today called NSA leaker Edward Snowden a "traitor" who put Americans at risk by releasing classified information to the media.

"He's a traitor," the highest ranking Republican in the House of Representatives said in an extensive interview with ABC News' George Stephanopoulos. "The disclosure of this information puts Americans at risk. It shows our adversaries what our capabilities are. And it's a giant violation of the law."Article

And then there's this:
U.S. Prepares Charges Against Alleged NSA Leaker

The U.S. Justice Department is preparing to file criminal charges against Edward Snowden, the man who confessed to leaking top secret documents on the National Security Agency's vast surveillance programs, according to two law enforcement officials.

The sources said the U.S. government is trying to act quickly to set in motion the machinery to bring Snowden back home, as a columnist involved in breaking a series of stories based on Snowden's information says there's much more to come out.
This is what they consider to be a traitor, in today's United States of America? IMHO, 'traitors' are those that work in D.C. and call themselves 'politicians'.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
John Boehner needs a lesson in law and the difference between a statement of fact and silly hyperbole.

Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.
(Source: Cornel University Law School

Treason isn't some vague notion. It's not what we say it is or what we'd like it to be. Treason is defined, like no other crime in the United States, right in the US Constitution itself......and Boehner is a blithering idiot who also needs shown the door in the next election he's up in. Republican or not. He's a fool with ignorant statements like that, as if he knew what he was talking about.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I give this guy all the respect in the world for being brave enough to not only see that this needed to come out, but to actually do something about it. He did it for the right reasons, and certainly not to bring attention to himself. To that end, he certainly is not a traitor and he's heads above that Wikileaks douche, who most certainly is a traitor in my eyes.

What Snowden did is certainly illegal, but I'm glad he did it.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Back off Boner, youre putting our freedom at risk. Where do i begin that paperwork? By letting the people know about a top secret program where you spy on me is national security? Its only bad for the governments security, not the people. I hope he rots in hell.
edit on 11-6-2013 by Mnemicrsl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
This poor NSA leaker will probably die in a "shootout" as they all seem to do now-a-days.

I actually thought it was common knowledge that they record and save every call, email, text, etc.

But you know, he's a hero! He told Americans what they should know. If they don't think there's anything wrong with it all, then why hide it from us? Why not just come out and say "Look, we're recording and saving everything."

He came out and told America because he thought it is wrong what they are doing, and he thought Americans should know. He's right. We have a right to know!

I remember a short time ago when they had to go through so many processes to get our phone records, now we only need to fall under "suspicion."

The word "suspicion" my fellow Americans has now become the most dangerous word in ALL languages.

But, the dominoes that fell to help create this monstrosity, will those same dominoes now fall in the other direction to help dismantle it? Hardly. They do what they want, when they want to because they know that they only need to keep us dumb Americans entertained and distracted so they can do everything and everything in the other direction.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   

House Speaker John Boehner today called NSA leaker Edward Snowden a "traitor" who put Americans at risk by releasing classified information to the media. "He's a traitor," the highest ranking Republican in the House of Representatives said in an extensive interview with ABC News' George Stephanopoulos. "The disclosure of this information puts Americans at risk. It shows our adversaries what our capabilities are. And it's a giant violation of the law."

Oh please Boehner what risk seriously?? Nsa is putting my life at risk by digging through my closet and reading my through my personal things.

I'm glad we have guys like this exposing our corrupts government. The government is just noisy. If they want some information, go to facebook and read like everyone else.

This kind of drama is right up Julian Assange alley.

Wanna know more just read here www.cnn.com...

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by WonderBoi

This is what they consider to be a traitor, in today's United States of America? IMHO, 'traitors' are those that work in D.C. and call themselves 'politicians'.
Amen to that!!!

So he is a traitor? So he exposes unconstitutional, illegal and immoral, acts of the gov? He may be a traitor to our occupational government, but certainly not to the people. Of by, and for, Of, by, and For!!!

God help our constitutional government return to power!

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
It makes me nauseous to see that the only thing these fascists can cross the aisle for is tyranny.

Gotta get a t-shirt with Boehner and Feinsten locked in a loving embrace on it.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
The crocks in this nation and the truly traitors against the Constitution have their heads so far up the corporate interest arse that they can not distinguish their butt holes from the mouths any longer, they spew crap from both sides.

what a shame and a piece of crap Boehner is, he is just protecting his pimps.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by OneNationUnder
But, the dominoes that fell to help create this monstrosity, will those same dominoes now fall in the other direction to help dismantle it? Hardly. They do what they want, when they want to because they know that they only need to keep us dumb Americans entertained and distracted so they can do everything and everything in the other direction.

If all the people who thought to themselves "What can I do? I am only one person.", walked outside of their houses, they would see how alone they truly stand. Especially against this administration and the lack of transparency that was promised, and campaigned on.

These dominos will fall where the collective people push them to. The power ultimately rests in the hands of the people(s) who wish to make a change, for better, or worse, depending on perspective of the circumstance.

Contact congress, sign the petition, expose all those in GOVT who support or changed their rhetoric:

Obama himself put it nicely in 2005, speaking forcefully against the Patriot Act, the very legislation that authorized the secret court orders to the phone companies.

Echoing Frank Church, then-senator Obama told Congress that the U.S. government "has decided to go on a fishing expedition through every personal record, or private document … the phone calls you make, the emails you've sent. This legislation gives no rights to appeal … in a court of law.

"No judge will hear your plea, no jury will hear your case. This is just plain wrong."

CBC
edit on 11-6-2013 by whatzshaken because: LINK

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
It would have been cool, if the the 'Patriots' of America rallied around him, saying: "If you want this guy, you're gonna have to come through US, to get him!"; instead of him going to another country.
Pretty sad that he couldn't find refuge in his own 'homeland'. Eventually, we're gonna have to collectively take a stand, in order for 'change' to be made because these politician's seem to be changing the rules, every day. The stuff i was taught as a kid, about being an American, is ancient history!

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
This kind of sentiment is making me sick.
I'm reading it all over the net, from Politicians to the general public who see NSA spying as okay.
A recent polls(not that I see those as trustworthy says 56 percent of American's support Prism: Majority of Americans Support NSA Programs
I posted: www.abovetopsecret.com...

You'll be seeing a lot of "kooks", "nutjobs", etc., directed to those who see the spying as a concern.

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." -
Ron Paul

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   

It would have been cool, if the the 'Patriots' of America rallied around him, saying: "If you want this guy, you're gonna have to come through US, to get him!"

The problem is....They'd have the helicopters turning blades with the shooters onboard the moment they confirmed the location and they'd take them up on that offer. In Force.

I think it's important to keep in mind..what Snowden did? I respect it. I really do...namely because they will try everything in their power to either kill him or bury him UNDER a prison. In fact, rumor has it, a certain facility in Colorado has just such a 'dungeon'.

Think of a Jason Bourne movie ...without Jason Bourne. Snowden doesn't have the mad, super skills of the movie character ...but he sure has the other side coming after him with just as much power and creativity.

If this weren't so deadly serious and I didn't have maximum sympathy for Snowden, I'd take odds on how long he lives or stays free. The problem is..Smart money would bet on shorting the number, not on his success. I hope he's the exception to that and not another casualty of this war.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Snowden is no 'hero' by any stretch of the imagination.

Anyone who runs after 'blowing the whistle' that everyone already knew.

Is Snowden a traitor?

I would call him one did Snowden do it for the American public or for his own recognition?

Running to the press, and saying ' Yo I'm the NSA leaker' leaves too many questions.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   

This so called traitor/patriot has done one very special thing he has shown us all who are in bed with the PTB. If you are for spying on the population you are not for liberty or freedom.

The lines are being drawn people right before our eyes.

Also if you are part of the republican party take a good hard look. They are not representing you anymore. Tell everybody you know that the republicans are actually progressive scum.
edit on 11-6-2013 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Running to the press, and saying ' Yo I'm the NSA leaker' leaves too many questions.

The only question is easily answered, Neo. He ran to the press to cover his ass. The feds would have found out who he was fairly quickly and, if nobody in the public eye knew he was the leak, he'd have almost certainly found himself killed quietly or thrown in a military prison for life with no report made to the public whatsoever. By stepping forward, he produced an insurance policy of sorts. If he turns up dead now, there are enough people left in American with a brain to recognize he was killed by his own government.

As to Boehner, how sad. When he first took the Speaker position, I was relatively happy because I believed the man was a decent conservative. Even through all of his floundering and his frequent ass kissing of Obama when the boots get put to him by the administration, I thought he had some semblance of testicles over his consistant dedication to obstructing the worst of Obama's attempted "changes." Now he shoots his mouth off and *poof* testes-gone, Eunuch mode activated. The GOP needs a massive, thourough douching out. They desperately need to return to being actual conservatives and eliminate the marginalized nincompoops who have coopted the party.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

he'd have almost certainly found himself killed quietly or thrown in a military prison for life with no report made to the public whatsoever.

Maybe or people have watched way too many movies.

Where was this guy before the last election is one question I want answered hell blowing the 'whistle' then would have been more effeciive, and most likely 'saved his bacon'.;

I was just reading how Putin was 'lecturing' the US about spying, then turned around and offers Snowden asylum.

If this was truly about principle he would have stood his ground instead of running.

edit on 11-6-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Here is the full transcript of the interview

GEORGE STEPHANOPOULOS: Speaker, thank you for doin' this. Let's talk first about these-- revelations about the National Security Agency. Edward Snowden has come forward, said he brought the documents into the public eye. His supporters say he's-- a whistle-blowing patriot. His critics say he's betrayed the country, broken the law. Where do you stand?

JOHN BOEHNER: He's a traitor. The president outlined last week that these were important national security programs to help keep Americans safe, and give us tools-- to fight the terrorist threat th-- that we face. The president also outlined that there are appropriate safeguards in place-- to make sure that-- there's-- there's no-- snooping, if you will-- on Americans-- here at home. But-- the disclosure of this information-- puts Americans at risk. It shows-- our adversaries what our capabilities are. And-- it's a giant violation of the law.
Are these politicians so scared, they feel the need to keep us 'safe'? I'd feel safer knowing these types of politicians weren't in office any more. Am i a 'traitor', too???

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

You have to remember that the support you see around is nothing but propaganda, just like the one that was played when the gun control legislation was going around, that actually die off in congress.

Is all propaganda.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Where was this guy before the last election is one question I want answered hell blowing the 'whistle' then would have been more effeciive, and most likely 'saved his bacon'.;

Apparently he wasn't working for Booz Allen prior to the last election. The Booz Allen press release yesterday announcing his firing due to "breech of contract" by disclosing classified information indicated he had been with them for just over 3 months. I agree it is a shame he didn't start with them mid-2012, however.

I was just reading how Putin was 'lecturing' the US about spying, then turned around and offers Snowden asylum.

Uhm, Putin is just stirring the crap up, man. You know as well as I do that he's going to consistantly poke at all things US government with a stick until he recieves bristling and growling and then he'll crow over a mission accomplished.

If this was truly about principle he would have stood his ground instead of running.

Read some Sun Tzu, Art of War, my friend.

It is the rule in war, if ten times the enemy's strength, surround them; if five times, attack them; if double, be able to divide them; if equal, engage them; if fewer, be able to evade them; if weaker, be able to avoid them

He who knows when he can fight and when he cannot will be victorious.

Source

Only an idiot stands toe to toe with a more powerful opponent. If you don't hold the strength advantage, use stealth, avoidance, treachery, deceit. Or, to quote Kenny Rogers:

You got to know when to hold 'em
know when to fold 'em
know when to walk away
and know when to run.

You never count your money when you're sittin at the table
there'll be time enough for countin when the dealin's done.

Mr. Snowden is a clever gambler. He walked away from the table before he showed his winning hand because he realized everyone else in the game had aces up their sleeves and six shooters pointed at his balls under the table. Dude's smart, at least a lot smarter than some who would apparently stand in the middle of the town square and holler out the secrets they know in full reach of the folks in the snappy suits, dark ray bans, and ear buds connecting them back to HQ.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join