It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Russia Parliament Passes Anti-Gay Bill ( 434-0 Vote )

page: 5
14
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by brandiwine14
There is an awful lot of intolerance on this thread towards people who are voicing their RIGHT to have an opinion. The gays and lesbians of yesterday fought so hard for you to be where you are today, don't let that work be in vain. For if you keep pushing your beliefs on everyone else and ramming your sexuality down everyone's throats it's going to backfire. Many people are losing their tolerance.


Agreed with pretty much everything you said up until this point. Ramming my sexuality down peoples throats, are you serious? All homosexuals are wanting is to live at peace with the rest of society and not feel segregated/ostracised. I dont want kids to be bothered with learning about their genders and sexuality - that all comes in time. The homosexuals of yesteryear - especially the ones who were put to death for their "Crime" would respect that the fight for equality goes on. Do you really think people want to march through the frigging streets just so their sexuality is LEGALLY and SOCIALLY recognised? Those against it are causing the fuss the first place by making such a huge issue over the rights of marriage. Anyone would think hetersexuality was "king of the toybox" so to speak. Lose your tolerance all you want, were still going to be here fighting for an EQUAL place in society.


Just be human, stop looking at everything from a sexual perspective and just look at each other as what we are humans occupying a lovely little round ball in space for just a short time.


We are being human. Human's react to inequality.




posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Telos

Originally posted by Malynn
reply to post by Telos
 



Originally posted by Telos
P.S. I didn't know pederasty can be compared with water, anger, snakes or gravity. I might have missed that biology or physics class.


Excuse me? You're trying to compare PEDOPHILES with Homosexuals? I had no intention responding to this thread until I saw that gem of ignorance.

Just as a reminder, there are giant differences between beastiality, pedophilia, and homosexuality. However, a lot of really stupid people seem to like to compare the three.
edit on 6/11/13 by Malynn because: (no reason given)


Oh so bitter and so pointless. Lady you wouldn't have seen the inexistent gem of ignorance in my post if your vocabulary was reacher and you were able to distinguish words. I've wrote pederasty and not pedophily. Let me enlighten you: pederasty is another word for gay !!!


From Merriam-Webster:

Pederastry: one who practices anal intercourse especially with a boy. From Greek paiderastēs, literally, lover of boys, from paid- ped- + erastēs lover, from erasthai to love.

The word you chose to use has an inferred link to pedophilia. If you didn't want someone to come to that conclusion you should have chosen your words more carefully.



posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Hard to imagine why a country that experienced totalitarian state atheism , extreme liberal ideologies , destruction of family and traditional social structures for 70 odd years would decide to become nationalistic and seek conservative values and traditions.



posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by NihilistSanta
Hard to imagine why a country that experienced totalitarian state atheism , extreme liberal ideologies , destruction of family and traditional social structures for 70 odd years would decide to become nationalistic and seek conservative values and traditions.


Maybe the harsh Russian winter killed off all the intelligent people?



posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by JuniorDisco

Originally posted by Telos

Oh so bitter and so pointless. Lady you wouldn't have seen the inexistent gem of ignorance in my post if your vocabulary was reacher and you were able to distinguish words. I've wrote pederasty and not pedophily. Let me enlighten you: pederasty is another word for gay !!!


The irony is almost too much to bear. You've managed to (incorrectly) lecture someone for their ignorance on a definition which you are clearly ignorant about, in a thread about educating people.

Awesome.


Absolutely not. I'm very clear about the concept and I used the word correctly. Actually before I've learned the word gay or any derivative of it (being that urban or otherwise) the only word I knew describing an homosexual male was PEDERAST. Why are you gay people so intolerant and bitter in this thread? I mean we're not talking about acceptance in here, neither coming out of the closet. We're just talking about a unanimous decision made in a foreign country against gay people and especially (my point all the time) how kids shouldn't be exposed to homosexuality till their are old enough to make a decision themselves. Shouting, insulting and calling names is not going to make the opposed view more acceptable. Is it to much to ask to be civil? Is it to much to ask that gay people shouldn't be so judgmental, closed minded and offensive when someone thinks differently?



posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Syphon

Originally posted by Telos

Originally posted by Malynn
reply to post by Telos
 



Originally posted by Telos
P.S. I didn't know pederasty can be compared with water, anger, snakes or gravity. I might have missed that biology or physics class.


Excuse me? You're trying to compare PEDOPHILES with Homosexuals? I had no intention responding to this thread until I saw that gem of ignorance.

Just as a reminder, there are giant differences between beastiality, pedophilia, and homosexuality. However, a lot of really stupid people seem to like to compare the three.
edit on 6/11/13 by Malynn because: (no reason given)


Oh so bitter and so pointless. Lady you wouldn't have seen the inexistent gem of ignorance in my post if your vocabulary was reacher and you were able to distinguish words. I've wrote pederasty and not pedophily. Let me enlighten you: pederasty is another word for gay !!!


From Merriam-Webster:

Pederastry: one who practices anal intercourse especially with a boy. From Greek paiderastēs, literally, lover of boys, from paid- ped- + erastēs lover, from erasthai to love.

The word you chose to use has an inferred link to pedophilia. If you didn't want someone to come to that conclusion you should have chosen your words more carefully.



pederasty

ped·er·as·ty

noun
sexual relations between two males, especially when one of them is a minor.

So it says especially when one is a minor but it referrers to sexual relation between two males.



posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I thought the world was getting better....


I expect a lot of trouble from this.




Oh and free Pussy Riot they rock.



posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Telos

Absolutely not. I'm very clear about the concept and I used the word correctly. Actually before I've learned the word gay or any derivative of it (being that urban or otherwise) the only word I knew describing an homosexual male was PEDERAST. Why are you gay people so intolerant and bitter in this thread? I mean we're not talking about acceptance in here, neither coming out of the closet. We're just talking about a unanimous decision made in a foreign country against gay people


Yes, that's exactly what were discussing - A bigoted uneducated decision made unanimously in a foreign country. We are discussing why fiddiots are trying to hide homosexuality from plain site.



and especially (my point all the time) how kids shouldn't be exposed to homosexuality till their are old enough to make a decision themselves.


You dont "make a decision" your either sexually inclined to the same gender or your not. You cant force it either way.


Shouting, insulting and calling names is not going to make the opposed view more acceptable.


Outlawing gay pride and trying to shoo the homosexual communities into a state of non-existence isnt going to make the fact that gay people exist go away. We are here, we have been here all along, get over it. Treat us like human beings not children your disappointed in.


Is it to much to ask to be civil?


Im starting to think so yes.


Is it to much to ask that gay people shouldn't be so judgmental, closed minded and offensive when someone thinks differently?


Its not your thinking differently that gets blood boiling its your political actions against an element of nature that has always been there. Banning gay pride marches and then expecting people to just shut up and accept it? Try taking away and american's gun and there's about 1500 threads on ATS about it!

Dont ask people to be tolerant when the government is taking a sh!t on them.



posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Children should be taught to be tolerant, should be taught acceptance,

the more we are thought of as 'different' not 'Normal' or something other than Human is when you get intolerance, if you are to ban 'Homosexual Propaganda' than 'Heterosexual Propaganda' should also be banned,

shoving our sexuality in your face? what abut the 'Straight people' should the opposite sex ban holding hands in public? going on dates with the opposite sex? making 'Heterosexual Movies' commercials?

to single out 'Homosexuality' as anything other than Human is further dividing everyone,

you are free to your beliefs, but accept me as a Human, just because i'm gay doesn't mean i'm a 'Pedophile' or into 'Beastiality' or a Deviant'



posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Syphon

Originally posted by khimbar
Ah the good old ATS hypocrisy two-step again.

If someone is genetically wired to be homosexual, you have to respect their choice and be tolerant of their right to be that person.

If someone decides, for whatever reason they want, that they don't like homosexuals, you don't have to be tolerant of their right to think that or be that person.

Oh ATS, how you do amuse me so.

Russia's house; Russia's rules. Simple.


So you are comparing a state of being (a person is homosexual) to a belief (a person feels homosexuality is wrong)? You can challenge a belief. You cannot challenge a state of being.
edit on 11-6-2013 by Syphon because: because I can never get something right the first time.


Yes.

I'm talking about tolerance. Labelling people 'bigots' is scarcely tolerant. Mocking religion is scarcely tolerant.

Yet those same posters are the first to cry for tolerance from the other side.

Hilarious.



posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
IDK but doesnt Putin seem a little too manly a man to be real?
perhaps he is repressing his latent tendencies through over compensation?
Just me maybe...but next time you watch him speaking just observe.....



posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darth_Prime
Children should be taught to be tolerant, should be taught acceptance,

the more we are thought of as 'different' not 'Normal' or something other than Human is when you get intolerance, if you are to ban 'Homosexual Propaganda' than 'Heterosexual Propaganda' should also be banned,

shoving our sexuality in your face? what abut the 'Straight people' should the opposite sex ban holding hands in public? going on dates with the opposite sex? making 'Heterosexual Movies' commercials?

to single out 'Homosexuality' as anything other than Human is further dividing everyone,

you are free to your beliefs, but accept me as a Human, just because i'm gay doesn't mean i'm a 'Pedophile' or into 'Beastiality' or a Deviant'


Yeah! Those bloody heterosexuals flaunting their preference in our faces! Holding hands in the street! Kissing! ugh! How UNNATURAL! Cant even believe their allowed to get married, their god must be the devil or something


^^ All in jest, dont mind hetero's at all lol



posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Telos
 





especially (my point all the time) how kids shouldn't be exposed to homosexuality till their are old enough to make a decision themselves.


The only decision a gay child or gay adult makes is when or if they come out.



posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I know I said in an earlier thread that I was leaving and would not comment anymore. However I have still been following the comments and while I applaud Wrabbit for bringing this issue to light I feel this thread should probably be closed since it has been derailed from the original topic and turned into a thread of name calling and such.

I have never before called for a thread to be closed but if people are incapable of having an intelligent discussion without resorting to such juvenile and bitter acts such as this then perhaps they should shy away from posting on such matters.

The fact is that we are all human beings with free will and individual opinions and we are all equally entitled to each. Some people may not approve or accept things that others do and vice versa, however just because a person does not agree with another that is no reason to stoop to personal attacks and the like. It really takes away from the purpose of this site and takes away from the purpose of such threads.

This is just my 2 cents so take it with a grain of salt, now I am out.
edit on 11-6-2013 by Nucleardiver because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Have we went back in time?

What a ridiculous law!



posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc


Originally posted by Telos



Is it to much to ask that gay people shouldn't be so judgmental, closed minded and offensive when someone thinks differently?


Its not your thinking differently that gets blood boiling its your political actions against an element of nature that has always been there. Banning gay pride marches and then expecting people to just shut up and accept it? Try taking away and american's gun and there's about 1500 threads on ATS about it!

Dont ask people to be tolerant when the government is taking a sh!t on them.



Lets be clear on something. Don't associate me with governments or political actions. If it was a figure of speech I'm ok with it, otherwise it should be corrected. I represent myself and I voice my personal opinion. That's it. You're going to far in your comment by bringing all the "issues" might be in the gay community versus the rest of the world... I personally don't care about gay pride marches, gay rights, marriage etc. There is a legislation for those things and I don't bother wasting my time with things that I've got no power whatsoever to neither change or keep them in place. I stick to what I said from the beginning of this thread: I as a parent think that kids shouldn't be exposed to homosexuality and presented to them as the most natural thing. That doesn't mean I have to hate it or teach my kids to hate it. Absolutely not. I just don't want to be forced on my child as a concept. Let him/her grow to an adult age and understand what it means. Only than if they have it in them, can really see what it is.
edit on 11-6-2013 by Telos because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic
 



Why should homosexuals "keep it quiet" when heterosexuals are free to express their sexuality openly, get married, talk about their wives and families, share who they think is attractive and display affection publicly? Can you answer that?


Sure can......Because heterosexual is being normal.....That's why.....

There is nothing normal about one man making love to another man.....Or a woman making love? to another woman with the aid of a male fake part....

Heterosexuals can talk about FAMILY because they are the only one's who can actually have a real family! You can't get pregnant with two men no matter how hard they try....

This of course, being my opinion and answering your question.....Do you have a child? If so, would you want your child walking out on the streets and seeing two men making out on the corner or a man and a woman making out on the corner and you have to choose 1......Which one would you rather YOUR child see? If you don't have a child, don't just lie to meet the status quo, just say you don't have a child and I will understand better.



posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   

^^ All in jest, dont mind hetero's at all lol


I hope not.....You wouldn't be able to have a child without us!!

edit on 6/11/2013 by Chrisfishenstein because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/11/2013 by Chrisfishenstein because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chrisfishenstein
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic
 



Why should homosexuals "keep it quiet" when heterosexuals are free to express their sexuality openly, get married, talk about their wives and families, share who they think is attractive and display affection publicly? Can you answer that?


Sure can......Because heterosexual is being normal.....That's why.....

There is nothing normal about one man making love to another man.....Or a woman making love? to another woman with the aid of a male fake part....

Heterosexuals can talk about FAMILY because they are the only one's who can actually have a real family! You can't get pregnant with two men no matter how hard they try....

This of course, being my opinion and answering your question.....Do you have a child? If so, would you want your child walking out on the streets and seeing two men making out on the corner or a man and a woman making out on the corner and you have to choose 1......Which one would you rather YOUR child see? If you don't have a child, don't just lie to meet the status quo, just say you don't have a child and I will understand better.


We can have a family through surrogates, there are multiple 'Straight Couples' who cannot have child's of their own and must use surrogates, are they now not considered normal?

people talk about us gays 'Brainwashing' kids into being 'Gay' or that Homosexual Propaganda will make kids 'Gay' yet it's okay to teach kids that Homosexuality is not Normal? and that 'Straight' is normal? that is not brainwashing?

teaching kids tolerance, that there are many different people in the world, but they are all Human, you don't have to accept homosexuality, but to teach your kids it's 'wrong' or 'unnatural' is not teaching tolerance,



posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Chrisfishenstein
 





Sure can......Because heterosexual is being normal.....That's why.....


Where do you draw the 'normality' line? Society is a mix of many types of people. Homosexuality has been around since records of our History began. It's not only evident in our species but it can be seen across many other animal species too. It sounds pretty normal to me when you take into account our species as a whole.




There is nothing normal about one man making love to another man.....Or a woman making love? to another woman with the aid of a male fake part....


If you're straight, no you're right.




Heterosexuals can talk about FAMILY because they are the only one's who can actually have a real family! You can't get pregnant with two men no matter how hard they try....


What a shallow view. Many an adopted child will sigh with utter disbelief at what you've just said.




This of course, being my opinion and answering your question.....Do you have a child?


What has that got to do with anything? For the record, I don't but I do have a fair few nieces and nephews.
I wouldn't want them to see anyone 'making out' as you put it, at their age.
edit on 11-6-2013 by Tykonos because: (no reason given)



new topics

top topics



 
14
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

log in

join