It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Operation Troll the NSA

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   

IF MILLIONS OF US, ALL AT THE SAME EXACT TIME, CALL OR EMAIL SOMEONE WITH OUR KEYWORDS-OF-TERROR-FILLED SCRIPT, WE CAN GIVE OUR NATION’S IMPRESSIVE SURVEILLANCE APPARATUS THE KIND OF TEST IT DESERVES.

I'm in!

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by km22453

what or where were you quoting ?

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Ehh what??

Where did you get that?

Think I got it...
edit on 11-6-2013 by FrankLY because: (no reason given)

Also...

Troll the NSA
edit on 11-6-2013 by FrankLY because: Links added

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by km22453

IF MILLIONS OF US, ALL AT THE SAME EXACT TIME, CALL OR EMAIL SOMEONE WITH OUR KEYWORDS-OF-TERROR-FILLED SCRIPT, WE CAN GIVE OUR NATION’S IMPRESSIVE SURVEILLANCE APPARATUS THE KIND OF TEST IT DESERVES.

I'm in!

well i don't think the fact that you have no source really matters because that whole idea is utterly stupid.

the volume of information that is sucked up by the ECHELON is massive it happens all the time a few thousand even a few million people sending a kind of "trigger message" all at the same time will be a drop in the ocean.

if you get say a few thousand people to all phone up at the exact same time and say "bomb the white house" all that's going to happen is that the NSA are going to spot this and just ignore it.

Besides ECHELON is believed to work based on priority so there are a list of phone numbers that are processed as a matter of priority as such even if you and all your buddies all phone each other at the same time talking about bombs its not really going to matter much because they probably are not looking at you.

Aside form the fact that this idea is stupid and would probably never work i would go further than that and say that its down right irresponsible.

Basically what your talking about is putting a huge stress on the nations ability to preform SIGINT that's the same intelligence that can warn our troops out in Afghanistan if they are about to be attacked (the NSA actually have their people embedded with the troops) or can and has done in the past thwart a terrorist attack, NSA are also very defensive shut them down for a few hours and America would lose vast amounts of classified information. So say this does work or we have another group like Anonymous plotting to cripple the NSA for a a few hours, the national scrutiny implications of that could be disastrous and someone could end up dead.

The website up for this stupid idea finishes by saying

They say they don’t read or listen to the contents of our messages. Why not test it out?

It'll be fun.

NO!

it wont be "fun", like i say any attempt to disrupt the activities of the NSA will probably fail, but if it was successful it would not be "fun"

it could cost lives!

This whole idea is just awful, I think this thread should actually be shut down its that bad.
edit on 11-6-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   
You're not going to get millions on board for this. Not even close.

Also, anyone willing to flag themselves as a potential alert for the NSA can't really be as scared of the government as they're claiming.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by km22453

1 - attempting to recruit people to this idiocy is against the ATS terms and conditions

2 - you are proposing pissing in the ocean - there are 10s of billions of emails / day - a few million more will not make an iota of difference

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
You want to test algorithms ?
Dan oose wods dat onlee mak zense 2 uder hoomins, llik dis.
That sounds like nonsense but it can be read.

But why would you want to confuse nsa systems that are in place to protect you and
your family ? It makes no sense what so ever.

Troll terrorists instead.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by LordDerpingtonSmythe

But why would you want to confuse nsa systems that are in place to protect you and
your family ? It makes no sense what so ever.

Troll terrorists instead.
Because they should not be spying on us without a warrant. It is called the 4th amendment to the Constitution. This is just a small act of civil disobedience being proposed. Go tell your masters to leave us alone.

Troll terrorists? Right now the obama regime are the terrorists.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

Because they should not be spying on us without a warrant. It is called the 4th amendment to the Constitution.

yeah...

dude,

this has been going on since the 1960's, i keep saying this PRISM is not the big disclosure everyone seems to be making it out to be.

the aim of this "small act of civil-disobedience" is to try to put the nations ability to conduct SIGINT under huge stress as i have point out this could worst case, cost lives.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
Because they should not be spying on us without a warrant. It is called the 4th amendment to the Constitution. This is just a small act of civil disobedience being proposed. Go tell your masters to leave us alone.

Yes the pics from the boston bombing and 911 clearly show obama and his gang of
bureaucrats attacking the usa.

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

source.

Forgive my ignorance on the subject,I see nothing in there about data ?
Is data a thing or a person ?

edit on 11-6-2013 by LordDerpingtonSmythe because: .

edit on 11-6-2013 by LordDerpingtonSmythe because: formating

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by km22453

LOL What gets me is they say they are looking for people who make calls overseas, but that is not even effective. I have a sibling in the Navy who uses magic jack to make calls into the US from Japan because its cheaper. The number comes up as if it's from Tampa. So, if our military is doing it, who's to say that the phantom terrorists are not doing the same flipping thing. Like I said... ...they are stupid.

And overpaid. 122,000 a year to snoop?

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Because they should not be spying on us without a warrant. It is called the 4th amendment to the Constitution.

yeah...

dude,

this has been going on since the 1960's, i keep saying this PRISM is not the big disclosure everyone seems to be making it out to be.

the aim of this "small act of civil-disobedience" is to try to put the nations ability to conduct SIGINT under huge stress as i have point out this could worst case, cost lives.

Those who would give up liberty for security deserve neither and will lose both. More true now than ever before.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

source.

Data is a thing, you know like papers and effects.
Welcome to the 21st century. Try to keep up.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Dumest. Idea. Ever.

I had enough ATS today and it's only 9am.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Those who would give up liberty for security deserve neither and will lose both. More true now than ever before.

yes the old man made a very good point when he said that.

however it does not mean that we should have no security

SIGINT is a important component in ensuring the security of the nation, now while i don't agree with the far reaching ECHELON program or PRISM, SIGINT is a important part in establishing security. That is why i think this is such a stupid idea, its calling on people to try to put that assest under huge stress with a aim to disrupting it. If the capabilities of the NSA become compromised for a few hours the results could cause long lasting damage to the national security of the United States.

Yes something needs to be done about ECHELON and PRISM but messing about with the work of the NSA with out consideration of the consequences is not the answer.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   

source.

Data is a thing, you know like papers and effects.
Welcome to the 21st century. Try to keep up.

Ok I wil try and keep up.
If data is a thing what is data made of, paper ?
If it is not then the 4th amendment does not cover it surely ?
There is nothing in there about electronic communication.

Sorry for being really slow and all, I am trying to keep up. I just want to learn.
edit on 11-6-2013 by LordDerpingtonSmythe because: .

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I had this idea last night. Find a list of their red flag words and just type a nonsensical e-mail that was made up of nothing but those exact words. I'd love to do this.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
from what i've read about this thing , all 'trolling' them will do is make it create a profile of you then check to see if you have any suspicious online behavior and if it matches up you will get a talkin to.

you really think they're going door to door asking people why they said a word on the internet? gimme a break

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by CrashUnderride
I had this idea last night. Find a list of their red flag words and just type a nonsensical e-mail that was made up of nothing but those exact words. I'd love to do this.
Here

DHS & Other Agencies
Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Federal Emergency, Management Agency, (FEMA), Coast Guard (USCG), Customs and Border protection (CBP), Border Patrol, Secret service (USSS), National Operations Center (NOC), Homeland Defense, Immigration Customs Enforcement (ICE), Agent, Task Force, Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) Fusion Center, Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA), Secure Border Initiative (SBI), Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), Alcohol Tobacco and firearms (ATF), U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (CIS), Federal Air Marshal Service (FAMS), Transportation Security Administration (TSA), Air Marshal, Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), National Guard, Red Cross, United Nations (UN).

Domestic Security:
Assassination, Attack, Domestic Security, Drill, Exercise, Cops, Law Enforcement, Authorities, Disaster Assistance, Disaster Management, Domestic Nuclear Detection Office (DNDO), National preparedness, Mitigation, Prevention, Response, Recovery, Emergency Management, First responder, Homeland security, Maritime domain awareness (MDA), National preparedness, Initiative, Militia, Shooting, Shots fired, Evacuation, Deaths, Hostage, Explosion (explosive), Police, Disaster medical assistance, Gangs, National security, State of emergency, Security, Breach, Threat, Standoff, SWAT, Screening, Lockdown, Bomb (squad or threat), Crash, Looting, Riot, Emergency landing, Pipe bomb, Incident.

HAZMAT & Nuclear:
Nuclear, Chemical spill, Suspicious package/device, Toxic, National laboratory, Nuclear facility, Nuclear threat, Cloud, Plume, Radiation, Radioactive, Leak, Biological infection (or event), Chemical, Chemical burn, Biological, Epidemic, Hazardous, Hazardous material incident, Industrial spill, Infection, Powder (white), Gas, Spillover, Anthrax, Blister agent, Chemical agent, Exposure, Burn, Nerve agent, Ricin, Sarin, North Korea,

Health Concern + H1N1:
Outbreak, Contamination, Exposure, Virus, Evacuation, Bacteria, Recall, Ebols, Food poisoning, Foot and Mouth (FMD), H5N1, Avian, Flu, Strain, Quarantine, H1N1, Salmonella, Small Pox, Plague, Human to human, Human to animal, Influenza, Center for Disease Control (CDC), Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Public Health, Toxic, Agro Terror, Tuberculosis (TB), Tamiflu, Norvo Virus, Epidemic, Agricultur, Listeria, Symptoms, Mutation, Resistant, resistant, Antiviral, Wave, Pandemic, Infection, Water/air borne, Sick, Swine, Pork, World Health organization (WHO) (and components), Viral Hemorrhagic Fever,

Infrastructure Security:
Infrastructure security, Airport, Critical Infrastructure & Key Resources (CIKR), AMTRAK, Collapse, Computer infrastructure, Communications, Infrastructure, Telecommunications, National infrastructure, Metro, WMATA, Airplane (and derivatives), Chemical fire, Subway, BART, MARTA, Port Authority, National Bio-surveillance Integration Center NBIC), Transportation security, Grid, power, Smart, Body scanner, Electric, Failure or outage, Black out, Brown out, Port, Dock, Bridge, Cancelled, Delays, Service disruption, Power lines.

Southwest Border Violence:
Drug cartel, Violence, Gang, drug, Narcotics, Cocaine, Marijuana, Heroine, Border, Mexico, Cartel, Southwest, Juarez, Sinaloa, Tijuana, Torreon, Yuma, Tucson, Decapitated, U.S. Consulate, Consular, El Paso, Fort Hancock, San Diego, Cuidad Juarez, Nogales, Sonora, Columbia, Mara salvatrucha, MS13 or MS-13, Drug war, Mexican army, Methamphetamine, Cartel de Golfo, Gulf Cartel, La Familia, Reynoso, Nuevo Leon, Narcos, Narcos banners (Spanish equivalents) Los Zetas, Shootout, Execution, Gunfight, Trafficking, Kidnap, Calderon, Reyosa, Bust, Tamaulipas, Meth lab, Drug trade, Illegal Immigrants, Smuggling (smugglers), Matamoros, Michoacana, Guzman, Arellano-Leyva, Barrio Azteca, Artistic Assassins, Mexicles, New Federation.

Terrorism:
Terrorism, Al Qaeda (all spellings), Terror, Attack, Iraq, Afghanistan, Iran, Pakistan, Agro, Environmental terrorist, Eco terrorism, Conventional weapon, Target, Weapons grade, Dirty bomb, Enriched, Nuclear, Chemical weapon, Biological weapon, Ammonium nitrate, Improvised explosive device (IED), Abu Sayef, Hamas, Armed Revolutionary Forces Columbia (FARC), Irish Republican Army (IRA), Euskadi ta Askatasuna (ETA), Basque separatists, Hezbollah, Tamil Tigers, Palestine Liberation Front (PLF), Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO), Car bomb, Jihad, Taliban, Weapons cache, Suicide bomber, Suicide attack, Suspicious substance, Al Qaeda Arabian Peninsula (AQAP), Al Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb (AQIM), Tehrik-i-Taliban Pakistan (TTP), Yemen, Pirates, Extremism, Somalia, Nigeria, Nigeria, Radicals, Al-Shaab, Home grown, Plot, Nationalist, Recruitment, Fundamentalism, Islamist.

Weather/Disaster/Emergency:
Emerge

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Reminds me of "Jam Echelon Day" back in Oct 1999.

It was dumb and pointless then, and this version is still dumb and pointless now.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join