It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Water treatment plant with UV light

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I saw this in Euronews this week.

In the Netherlands, the town of Andijk uses UV light to treat the water for a population of 500,000 people.

The system is from a Canadian company, Trojan Technologies, and uses UV light to disinfect and UV-oxidation to destroy some chemicals that are not affected by the usual disinfectants.

If this system works as good as it sounds, then maybe we can have better drinking water and recycle even more than we do now.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 10:39 AM
link   
It would sure beat the hell out of flouridation. They used to use flouride in the 1920's as rat poison. UV soudns alot safer than chemcials to me.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Correct me if im wrong but arent UV rays a type of radiation? The last thing we need is radiated water coming out of our sink.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Simulacra
Correct me if im wrong but arent UV rays a type of radiation? The last thing we need is radiated water coming out of our sink.

we continously get exposed to radiation from the sun, rocks, etc, depending on the type and strength of the radiation used people should be safe.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Simulacra

UV rays are a type of radiation the same way as visible light is a type of radiation.

You are always radiated with Sun light (I suppose) and in that light there is some UV radiation, more than the normal if you live in a area under a ozone layer hole.

Fluorescent lamps also emit UV light, but almost all of this light is transformed into visible light by the inside coating of the lamps.

If you go to a supermarket and look at the vegetables stands, you may see lamps of UV light to help disinfect the vegetables.

If I were you I would be more worried with the fluoride or chloride on the water than with UV light.

top topics

join