It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

115 Years in jail for Muslin gang who plotted bloody attack on EDL rally

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by torsion

First of all, I am glad that this plot was thwarted, wether that be by idiocy and chance or not. Letting off a nail bomb would have created a bloody horrific mess, and probably an awful lot of collateral damage (i.e. injuries caused to targets not actually involved with the EDL).

However, I would say that as long as no one else gets hurt, I personally have no problem with letting both groups of fascists wipe each other out. Trouble is, they are niether of them all that careful with thier methods. The EDL cannot tell the difference between an innocent Muslim and a terroristic one, hell, they cannot tell the difference between a Muslim and a Sikh either. They are unadulterated morons, and an insult to the anti-Nazi efforts of an entire generation of British people.

The EXTREMIST Muslims dont care who the heck they hurt either, wether the persons they are attacking are innocent, sympathetic, or whatever. Its all a bloody mess.

To be perfectly honest, if we could round up the entire mob on both sides, all the extremists on every side of every divide, lock them in a large place, and watch them either tear one another apart, or learn to respect one another, I would be thrilled to bits. I would even buy popcorn, and I dont even LIKE popcorn.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
Wow. Get a little carried away with the Enter key?

Sorry, had to say it.

Ah, yes. Some error message appeared when I tried to post so I tried again not being aware that it was posting each time!

Probably the NSA messing with things.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam
What's their connection with sheets? I happen to like muslin sheets myself, I hope they don't cut off our cotton cloth supply.

I'll blame that typo on the NSA, too!

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Makes me wonder if they targeted marathon runners at Boston because they want to make sure Americans can't outrun them.

GOD I'M SICK OF THIS INSANITY.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   
The world has no place for extremists of any persuasion and these men have been quite rightly punished for their efforts. That they were seemingly influenced by Four Lions should not detract from their evil intentions.

The Sun, great bastion of journalism as ever, has an interesting choice of language there though. The would be perpertrators are "Islamic extremists", their intended victims merely a "far right protest group". Sadly all too many people are unable or unwilling to see through this not so subtle linguistic manipulation of attitudes.
edit on 11-6-2013 by roguedesigner because: must be national typo day today...

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   
sounds like a plot from Four lions...

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by roguedesigner
The world has no place for extremists of any persuasion and these men have been quite rightly punished for their efforts. That they were seemingly influenced by Four Lions should not detract from their evil intentions.

I doubt that Four Lions played any influential role in this - just deranged Imams and their poisoned tongues. I think the link to the film has been made due to the "comedy" factor of this case.

The Sun, great bastion of journalism as ever, has an interesting choice of language there though. The would be perpertrators are "Islamic extremists", their intended victims merely a "far right protest group". Sadly all too many people are unable or unwilling to see through this not so subtle linguistic manipulation of attitudes.

Not that I'm a fan of The Sun but I think I'd agree with the EDL being described as a far right organisation rather than an extremist one. Sure, they have right wing ideals that some find offensive but I don't think they endorse the indiscriminate slaughter of anyone that has counter views to theirs. The Islamic extremists (what else can we call them?) on the other hand, will readily kill anyone anywhere. Whether it be an off duty soldier in Woolwich, runners in the Boston marathon, office staff in the WTC or wedding guests in Afghanistan (who the Taliban beheaded for dancing to music). As they say "we love death..." which in itself is an extreme ideal.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by roguedesigner

sorry what, the term "far right protest group" is hardly a compliment by the Sun- for better examples look at the establishment lackeys, the UAF, you will rarely hear them described as "far left group"

Far left extremist scum they are by the way

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by missvicky
I am so tired of the bad spelling going on in ATS. Did the OP mean "Muslin" as irony? Or did the OP mean "Muslim"? I am confused as to how to state an opinion.
well you shouldnt be taking part in intelligent debate then

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I've never actually watched the four lions...just viewed a trailer for it now

Will have to "aquire" the film now, looks like a hoot.

But yeah, going by the trailer there is definitely similarities with this foiled plot.

EDIT: Sorry mods, have to post the trailer for others to make the "ahem" comparison, I genuinely laughed out loud!

edit on 11/6/13 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

It's a great movie.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

Hi

I said I had no problem with the poking of fun and the muslin, it was not bad - I have had something similar when I muddled desert and dessert.

The OP was about 115 years punishment which I do have a problem with, because more of these stupid men seem to think they can simply take up arms and hack anyone to death who does not agree with their religious values.

The law of the land on hatcheting people to death is quite specific, they know it perfectly well. Also some had said when seeking political asylum here, that they are frightened of this kind of act happening to them or their families. Through these claims either they, or their relatives gained entry to this countryl

Sadly because many hardliners don't understand that many people here are not in accord with our country's foreign war policies, worry about the turmoil these wars cause and leave in their wake and object to paying for them - like I object to paying for these ignorant thugs to sit idly in a prison here.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
lemme guess there was 58 members of the gang they all got 2 years each will be out in 6 months with good behaviour accept for the 1 that squealled who only got 1 year and will be out in 3 months

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
wait... no insurance, yet you wait "days" to search the now impounded car even though at least one of the men was already under surveillance............?

6 people? Hope it was a van... Still, 6 Arabesque dudes in a car and you didn't search it for anything but insurance...?
edit on 11-6-2013 by unphased because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by unphased
wait... no insurance, yet you wait "days" to search the now impounded car even though at least one of the men was already under surveillance............?

6 people? Hope it was a van... Still, 6 Arabesque dudes in a car and you didn't search it for anything but insurance...?

That would be racial profiling. Political Correctness doesn't allow this. PC is the greatest ally of the terrorist.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by torsion

Originally posted by unphased

That would be racial profiling. Political Correctness doesn't allow this. PC is the greatest ally of the terrorist.

My post really has less to do with terrorism, though, more to do with HOW the police do their job.. Over here, they;ll search the car before you even get out. lol

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
at £ 30.000 per man per year to keep in jail nice to know my hard earned tax dollars are at work
?????

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shiloh7
I said I had no problem with the poking of fun and the muslin,

It seems to me that the average Muslim has a problem because they have no fun. If it's not being psychopathic about a few cartoons, or some B movie film, then it's beheading people for whistling, drinking, kissing or most activities "normal" people should enjoy.

Of course I am being overly literal, because the average Muslim likes fun and they hate these extremists. It's just they don't seem to show it, do they.

Regards

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
But if all these guns and bombs are illegal how are the bad guys getting them?

I thought laws prevented crime? So more laws = less crime right?

I couldn't help it I'm sorry.

Laws against bombs and guns allow prosecution under the law. Or do you want to just give them back their explosives and say "Laws are stupid because things exist anyway, here is your bombs!".

P.S. I don't know who told you that laws prevent crime, that is not their function. They allow for prosecution of crime.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar

Originally posted by muzzleflash
But if all these guns and bombs are illegal how are the bad guys getting them?

I thought laws prevented crime? So more laws = less crime right?

I couldn't help it I'm sorry.

Laws against bombs and guns allow prosecution under the law. Or do you want to just give them back their explosives and say "Laws are stupid because things exist anyway, here is your bombs!".

P.S. I don't know who told you that laws prevent crime, that is not their function. They allow for prosecution of crime.

Agreed I was being facetious.

The US Media consistently claims banning something prevents crimes. Usually through indirect insinuations or imagined implications, etc.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join