It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vagabond is homeless again... in a much better way

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: The Vagabond
a reply to: Kapusta

Northern California now, Humboldt County. I was back in the Mojave for about 2 months at the beginning of the year. Thanks for the invite though.

No Worries sir ! , Well if you are ever in this area just drop me a message !

So how is life for you now ? and have you ever thought about writing a book ?

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Kapusta

My writing comes out nice in short bursts but its missing something that turns a long story into a book (words like thru-line, defined conflict, resolution, and readership come to mind).

But life is good. I'm getting by and enjoying myself with my special agricultural job and my stand up comedy shows. I've got some getting ahead to do and some additional irons to stick in the fire to make that happen, but I'm optimistic about that too.

Edit to get ahead. None of your business about the possible freudianness of that typo.
edit on Sun 5 Apr 2015 by The Vagabond because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Here's my latest comedy open mic performance- I think I did drop one F-bomb but I kept it pretty clean for me. Don't expect Louis CK- This is me after about 10 weeks of weekly 5 minute sets.
The video is mostly of the ceiling and a little of the bottom of my beard- I just used the video recorder to capture audio- sorry to be sloppy.

edit on Fri 17 Apr 2015 by The Vagabond because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: The Vagabond

That was a totally excellent Private Video

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

OOPS fixing it now. I must have missed an option somewhere. Most of my stuff goes up on Sound Cloud instead of YouTube so this is a new problem to me.
edit on Fri 17 Apr 2015 by The Vagabond because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Fixed

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 11:06 PM
link   
"unfriended for reaching 10K on the pedo meter"

hey I laughed.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 01:04 AM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Thanks

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I've just read through your travelogue and am amazed that you're not publishing. You should be.

Somali tweaker? F'in hilarious.
edit on 19-4-2015 by quercusrex because: Tweaker's are funny

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: quercusrex

Thanks for the encouragement. Maybe I'll go back and look at it all again and try to figure out what to do with it all.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Tonight was my 20th appearance on stage and my first gig beyond open mics. I was just going to see more of a girl I met but she had to blow off the gig so when I tried to pay to get in they asked if I'd like to keep my money and open the show. I've also been scheduled for a comedy festival next month.

I also got to see a couple hundred words of mine published in The Savage Henry Independent Times. I slapped something together about God's homoerotic wrestling match with Jacob in Genesis 32- not all that happy with it but it made the cut.

In a month I get a trip back to the Southland- hoping to do the open mic at the comedy store and see the girl next door from my old neighborhood for the first time in a couple of decades.

Today went pretty well for being in a rut again.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 07:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: The Vagabond
Well, I've run away with the circus- I'm living out of my truck in LA just until I get a day job and a place to share with someone. The plan is to do open mic shows every day until I'm ready to do it for a living.

I've always had good luck at The Comedy Store and tonight was no exception. I did a couple lines out of one of my favorite chunks of material for the Deathsquad Secret Show- it will be on Episode 2 of Hinchcliffe Notes. Didn't even get to my favorite parts of it cause I had to trim it or risk getting cut off, but I got good feedback. Don't expect the funniest joke ever told if you hear the podcast- I'm just happy I didn't fall the hell apart since it was my second time on stage and I was being critiqued by guys I listen to at work and would give my blacker lung to work with.

All bragging aside, I'm nervous as hell but I got a taste of what I'm here for and it should be a great adventure. I don't suppose there are any other LA comics kicking around ATS are there, or maybe just LA members period who have advice on how to get around town, not get shot by the police, etc?

You truely have my heart! Wow! I do wish you God's speed in all you do, coming from a person living on the every edge of society itself!

I hope you have a bit of cash for gas, food etc...i know nothing of LA, but you definitely should have a way to get on the net, albeit, smartphone, laptop or tablet, even a cheap one, everything is on the Net. You already know this, but, for me, i didn't realize how much of my survival was connected to the WWW. Sad perhaps, but that is the reality of the world we live in.

I do wish you well, in all you do.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Komodo

Thanks Komodo. It's actually been a couple of years no since the LA phase of my adventures.

Connectivity was a huge problem at the time- you really need a plan before you hit the road in LA- if you just know basically where you're going and more or less what you're looking for, the plan can go to hell pretty fast, because almost nothing in LA is what you heard and being able to look up a plan B on short notice is a great advantage.

Now I'm in Humboldt (strangely enough I've only ever had one cell phone break that didn't break up here) and I did actually have to get by without a phone for about a month, but it went easily enough in a place this small and easy going.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join