It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS, Your Reaction To Alex Jones Is Ignorant and Disrespectful

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by wulff
I think it is time to STOP with the Alex Jones threads! It seems like the AJ lovers who think he can do no wrong doesn't feel they can get their point across in all the numerous threads on this subject already on ATS so the OP starts a new one!
I think if I were an ATS mod I would delete this thread as there is NO new dialog, NOTHING new!
Enough already!
Besides XxNightAngelusxX is gonna blow a gasket running from thread to thread defending him!

Please note: XxNightAngelusxX, this is where you start making rude replies to me for pointing out the obvious!
edit on 11-6-2013 by wulff because: (no reason given)

Noted, thanks.

First rude reply; I actually clicked the rant forum to read other people's rants, to get my mind off the idiocy you and the others like to spew about AJ. Then saw this thread. Who could resist?

Second rude reply; No one ever suggested AJ "does no wrong." But, because he is a human being, no more and no less, doesn't mean you should be justified in passing judgment upon a man you've never even met. No matter what bunk theories with no base or evidence you like to believe. I've already presented a lot of debunking to ATS regarding AJ and the Zionist conspiracy, but for some reason, when it comes to denying ignorance, ATS comes up short nowadays.

Third rude reply; Get off the AJ hate-o-raid bandwagon. It doesn't make you look cool.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

This is the thing, I believe the things he is saying but think he is alienating people! I think the people you are calling AJ HATERS aren't; they (like me) thinks he has the right information but his presentation is all wrong. Whether someone is right makes little difference to others that may be 'on the fence' and if someone in a group of people (say at work for instance) mention the melt-down even if you agreed with AJ you don't want to be associated with someone frothing at the mouth.
Like someone else said:"maybe he is doing it on purpose to get people to check his site out!"
Not unlike some of these young female entertainers, I think a lot of them are acting, to keep their names in the news. Perhaps he is thinking the same thing.
I really think you should see where those of us that agree with the message but not the delivery are coming from. Taking constructive criticism is all part of an intelligent, productive discussion..
edit on 12-6-2013 by wulff because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 02:00 AM
link   

This is the thing, I believe the things he is saying but think he is alienating people! I think the people you are calling AJ HATERS aren't; they (like me) thinks he has the right information but his presentation is all wrong. Whether someone is right makes little difference to others that may be 'on the fence' and if someone in a group of people (say at work for instance) mention the melt-down even if you agreed with AJ you don't want to be associated with someone frothing at the mouth.
Like someone else said:"maybe he is doing it on purpose to get people to check his site out!"
Not unlike some of these young female entertainers, I think a lot of them are acting, to keep their names in the news. Perhaps he is thinking the same thing.
I really think you should see where those of us that agree with the message but not the delivery are coming from. Taking constructive criticism is all part of an intelligent, productive discussion..

I understand his tactics are entirely debatable.

While I myself would have probably blown a gasket too (his anger inspires me, cause I'm an angry individual too), and I actually enjoy the way he presents himself, I understand the controversy regarding how he could "better" present the information. Totally fine with all that.

Sorry if I came off hateful. Been dealing with full-on haters all week.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Lol. Talk about making a fool of yourself.

It amazes me that anyone takes this clown seriously.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by XxNightAngelusxX

I understand his tactics are entirely debatable.

While I myself would have probably blown a gasket too (his anger inspires me, cause I'm an angry individual too), and I actually enjoy the way he presents himself, I understand the controversy regarding how he could "better" present the information. Totally fine with all that.

Sorry if I came off hateful. Been dealing with full-on haters all week.

No problem, even if we have heated discussions we are all friends on ATS as we do have to stick together!!

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by DocHolidaze
reply to post by EViLKoNCEPTz

never been to info wars, i just see what fans and shills alike post here on ats, i gotta say it seems like the shills give him a bunch of publicity. I dont understand why they give a man so much attention that they discredit so much.

People who think Alex Jones is a nut, possibly delusional and certainly a flim-flam man are shills? Think you have that backwards. You actually think we're all paid sockpuppets/disinformation agents for the PTB? I wish; it's a good gig if you can get one, or so I hear.

On some issues Jones gives a good spiel up to a point, but then he always goes beyond it into the realm of hinkyness.

In the recent BBC interview he is just a rude, loud-mouthed, prevaricating blowhard. Some will say, "but he was being tag-teamed and lost his cool, and that's understandable." I got news for such people: That was nothing that he faced. Try watching an interview of George Galloway by either the BBC or Sky News, or when he is one of three guests and the other two guests and the moderator tag team against him. He always keeps his cool and rhetorically eats his opponent's/s' lunch(s).

Jones was asked the obvious: if he is bringing up such consequential and cloaked matters and defying the PTB, why hasn't he been "disappeared" yet? All he could do was get indignant and go off on a rant about some phone call to his parents or in-laws, threatening to cut Jone's head off. That's the best he has in response to such an obvious question? I was anything but impressed -- as were apparently many of my fellow so-called "shills".

Does Jones believe every thing he says/claims? Who knows? If so, then he really is a bit delusional. In any case he knows how to work his schtick and milk his cash cow. More to the point, his antics do not help the causes he claims to champion.
edit on 12-6-2013 by MrInquisitive because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by MrInquisitive

He never keeps his cool the man is an IDIOT, sorry that's disrespectful to idiots!

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wonderer2012
The reaction the recent BBC Alex Jones interview has seen has shown me that the vast majority of the posters on ATS lack the ability of critical, out of the box thinking. What are you guys doing??!!
I would disagree. The majority of ATS members think "out the box" but lack critical thinking when it comes to the ridiculous conspiracy theories that are put forward.

Originally posted by Wonderer2012Yes, the BBC intended to set him off to make him look bad, but please tune in to Reality FM because there is a much bigger point at issue.
How do you know the BBC "set him off to make him look bad"? Were you there? Are you the producer? The fact remains Mr Jones made himself look like an idiot. If he wanted to get his rather questionable and baseless points across he could have done so in a much more reasonable way. There was no reason for him to shout and ramble on.

Originally posted by Wonderer2012Whilst everyone sits behind their computers, slagging Jones off, remember that for almost 20 years, this man has been out there researching and working to expose the global conspiracy. He has many times exposed stuff well ahead of his time. Ask yourself, what are you doing to help matters other than ridiculing Jones and David Icke while you are at it?
What have Alex Jones and David Icke done? Mr Jones has been researching and working to expose nothing - there is no "global conspiracy". Additionally Mr Icke hasn't produced any material to support his theories which could be tested and researched independently. In my opinion both are suffering from mental health.

Originally posted by Wonderer2012He knows where this world is headed, that is why he gets so damn angry, because he sees the path we are on and it saddens him to see how so many people don't know the truth, unaware of the future they or their children potentially face.
So he is now a medium?

Originally posted by Wonderer2012I give him huge credit for going on the MSM and trying his best to expose the truth. I also understand why he gets so angry, because the people interviewing him are either truly clueless pompous idiots or they are acting dumb in order to make 'conspiracy theorists' look crazy. It is understandable how frustrating this is.
The reason he gets angry is because of his suspected mental illness but hopefully he will get the help he needs. The presenter on the BBC Sunday Politics Show is not "clueless". He is actually a fantastic broadcaster with many years of experience. Some conspiracy theorists are "crazy".

Originally posted by Wonderer2012Before the interview, Jones sat there watching a massive hit piece undermining 'conspiracy theorists', he was right to get angry with the pompous idiots he was sharing the room with, Jones is out there standing up for us, watch the ENTIRE thing again and see how the two men tag team Jones by ridiculing him, not many people would be able to keep their cool under these circumstances-
What Mr Jones should have done was to overcome the "pompous idiots" and put forward his opinion even if it was just for entertainment purposes only. Many people would keep their cool, especially on a live program televised to millions. The fact is Mr Jones seen this as his opportunity to spout his propaganda but he failed.

Jones was told to 'shut it' twice before he went off the rail.

Originally posted by Wonderer2012If it wasn't for the likes of Alex Jones and David Icke, many of us would still be in the dark about what is going on in this world, bear this mind as we accelerate into the NWO. These men deserve our respect, not ridicule-

The New World Order has not been proved, it is just another conspiracy theory without any evidence to support it. Mr Jones and Mr Icke need medical attention.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
The sad truth is that many even here on ATS do not understand how these propaganda talk shows stage a show.... the facts are that all of these shows are scripted and designed to show a specific outcome......

I would think that one reason AJ throws up infowars.com is that it is a place where viewers can check out the facts according to Alex.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Time to set it straight..... If a US Comedian comes to the UK he changes his act and his delivery to suit else he will fail to connect to his audience....Plain and Simple.
Alex did not change tack therefor he failed to connect to his interviewer and most of his audience... I have been a supporter of info-wars for quite some time and can quite honestly say I was disappointed by the way in which he tried to Rant...... He had a chance to speak to the UK on the whole instead of just Youtube and he blew it by loosing his cool and trying to interrupt every sentence or question in the interview...He lost out...hoisted by his own petard...Next time I hope he tries to keep calm and manages to get the truth out.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I don't agree with him on a whole lot, but I do admire Mr. Jones' passion for what he does, and I admire his spirit for waking folks up. Unfortunately, he really does nothing but harm the whole conspiracy movement with his actions, but at least he is keeping it real, and doing what he loves.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Jones was asked the obvious: if he is bringing up such consequential and cloaked matters and defying the PTB, why hasn't he been "disappeared" yet? All he could do was get indignant and go off on a rant about some phone call to his parents or in-laws, threatening to cut Jone's head off. That's the best he has in response to such an obvious question? I was anything but impressed -- as were apparently many of my fellow so-called "shills".

I found that particularly funny too. I mean, think about it: let's say the government or some secret agency had the desire to kill Alex Jones. They could basically take two approaches:

1. silently kill him as covertly as possible. This would undoubtedly spark controversy and allegations that the government was in on it, but they would deny it and we've probably never know for sure.

2. call and verbally issue an ominous warning. You know, for some reason, I don't think that issuing a death threat to a RADIO HOST WITH MILLIONS OF FOLLOWERS is a great idea. If someone was really going to kill him, they would do it unannounced. They wouldn't threaten him first, because by doing so, he now has the opportunity to tell millions of people that someone is out to kill him! In the event that he was killed, we would know in advance that foul play was involved, because the government called in advance and told him!

So, for that reason, I conclude one of two things: either Jones made up the death threat completely (likely doing it for attention/ratings/a reason to deflect criticism that has no legitimate response), or he did receive a death threat, but that the government/PTB weren't involved at all, and it was just an empty threat from someone pulling a prank or just some random stalker. I think it's most likely the former, because I truly believe Alex Jones talks out of his *** to sensationalize and draw ratings.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   

The sad truth is that many even here on ATS do not understand how these propaganda talk shows stage a show.... the facts are that all of these shows are scripted and designed to show a specific outcome......

I would think that one reason AJ throws up infowars.com is that it is a place where viewers can check out the facts according to Alex.

No, the sad truth is that Alex Jones apologists rush to his defense every single time he makes a fool of himself, and come up with increasingly-shaky excuses to defend the way he acts.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I really enjoy Jon Ronson's material. I think he is very articulate in his work.
He comes across as a believer then does sceptical breakdown on things without much bias.
I think he is very rational and also critical of himself which is important. That's why I like him.
You can guaranteee top notch quality from his work..
I see people complaining here about having to pay for DVDs etc for Alex Jones.
Alex Jones gives free DVD/movies etc and also various other materials.

i don't see the same people crying about Jon Ronson in the same way?
Maybe that demonstrates their bias on things?

(Even though Ronson does the same.)
Persoanlly I dont mind buying books etc anymore than I would when buying a novel etc.

Limbo

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by DocHolidaze

IMO your "average" "jack joe normal person" doesn't really understand the
dirty tactics used in these interviews. These tactics serve to stifle dissent

Calling someone a raving lunatic does everything to derail an argument
and does nothing to educate people.
So you are left with some viewer thinking "That Alex J guy is a lunatic"
These people are the real enemy of reason.

I hate "debates" like this - bunch of crap junk TV at its finest.

Also I'd like to point out about Bilderberg. There's a British houses of common
video going about saying it's just a meeting etc. I see lots of foaming and frothing
from people name calling etc but I dont see a whole lot of points debunking
what was said.
Limbo

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Wonderer2012

Agreed...Jones has brought reams of information to the forefront we would never know about if it wasn't for his and his staff's diligence in exposing the Truth. If you ever watch his show you will always see the evidence to support his claims.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
I don't agree with him on a whole lot, but I do admire Mr. Jones' passion for what he does, and I admire his spirit for waking folks up. Unfortunately, he really does nothing but harm the whole conspiracy movement with his actions, but at least he is keeping it real, and doing what he loves.

I wish more people could think like this.

Many people who disagree with some of AJ's tactics have some kind of irrational hate for him, then bash him while spewing a lot of unneeded hate mongering and ignorance in every direction.

See? You don't have to be a hate-o-raid drinker to disagree with Alex.

Sadly, its a fad running on ATS to hate AJ. Hopefully it will die out, like all pathetic and childish fads do.

Now, before I explode on the ignorant statements being made and get myself banned from ATS, I need to leave this thread alone... I'll try.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Alex Jones is a brilliant businessman, he has taken people's fear and paranoia and made himself millions from it.

That's it.

If this guy was saying anything other than what we already know and actually had inside intel that was credible and a threat to operations and not already widely available on the net, then he would be dead already. There would be no announcement, strange death threat etc. Government hits are standard, if someone ends up dead at their hands its either a suicide or a reported sex act gone wrong, seriously, if the first thing they do is discredit a person when they are found dead by referring to their sex life and that person has anything even remotely to do with the government, then its a hit. I've worked on enough to know and believe me raising concerns does absolutely nothing for you or your career.

I could go on youtube and place videos after videos on stuff that you actually don't know and most would say "listen to this lunatic" but I'd end up dead before I'd have a chance to even upload the second video. No one would ever know, my video would be taken down and even those who did see it wouldn't care. That's a whistleblower, that's someone in the know, someone who you don't know. Someone who tries to expose but is hit before anyone is any the wiser and believe me, there have been a fair few over the years.

This guy, that other one who "exposed" the NSA, Wikileaks guy, Anonymous, its all BS. It's all there to keep you in fear, to make sure you know that they know, you think twice about what you're doing, because they know what you're doing. That's all it is. Keep the population in a constant state of fear and paranoia of threats both domestic and foreign

If anyone knows anything, try and expose it, believe me, you'd be dead before your uploaded video even reached ten views. I work with this every day, we can believe in the good fight and free will. We are all enslaved, every single one of us and there is nothing any of us can do about it. So listen to Alex go on, make him more millions, it won't change a thing and it just another form of mindless entertainment in the guise of "free thinkers".

Take it from me, I only come on here to rant and be entertained, nothing anyone says on here will amount to a single step towards liberation beyond our computer screens and the fact we are on here says it all. We may be enlightened by events and information, what does that amount to in the real world? Nothing, not a thing.

New World Order? There is nothing new about it to me.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

See I don't have a problem with the man making money, I just think he goes about doing it in a disingenuous way. He preys on people's fear and paranoia for profit, which in my book isn't cool. He just comes off as a kook most of the time and he has NO self control. Ranting and raving the sky is falling every other day doesn't gain one much credibility when the sky never falls. Ever heard of the boy who cried wolf? I wonder if his name was Alex Jones? Cuz that's all he does day in day out is cry wolf by sensationalizing things and blowing them way out of proportion, or flat out making them up.

And to the poster who asked what I do for a living, it's really non of your business but I don't get paid through advertising or selling anything. I work for a living, and I work hard. I help people put their lives back together after a disaster, accident, fire, death, any kind of loss.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
The theater of having a moderator across the table consisting insulting the man, telling him to shut up, and finishing with juvenile faces of mockery - coupled with the critic seated directly next to the man, criticizing everything he said and believed and drawing insipid conclusions such as, to paraphrase "If they are so powerful and you are right, you should be assassinated by now", combines to produce more rather than less credibility in Jones.

These individuals at BBC demonstrated exactly why Jones despises them, but more importantly, why they should be viewed as lacking credibility and journalistic integrity. All of the times Jones made a fool of himself in the past imitating some kind of imaginary British Pundit were in fact premonitions of the real pundits in his interview. His satire has been vindicated.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join