It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS, Your Reaction To Alex Jones Is Ignorant and Disrespectful

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by DocHolidaze

If they are real shills, actually being paid by someone to post, that would answer your question. Alex is the biggest shill of them all, paid to keep alternative thinking in the fringe and discredit it at every turn. His whole M.O. reeks of hidden agenda. From making as much money off of people's paranoia as possible to keeping people paranoid and ignored. I mean he loses his cool over the dumbest things so he looks like and unstable kook, anyone who wanted to be taken seriously would have learned some self control by now. The man is not a messiah for truth, he's a fraud. I find it amusing when AJ fans call people sheep while they are baaaing along behind their shepherd Alex.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by DocHolidaze

Greetings friend.

So, just so I'm on the same page here, you're saying that there are Alex Jones fans and there are shills, which are Alex Jones detractors.

You don't think there are Alex Jones shills?

And you don't think that there are normal people, who can see through his BS?

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Wonderer2012

Like Jones gives anyone respect back he is an IDIOT!

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wonderer2012
The reaction the recent BBC Alex Jones interview has seen has shown me that the vast majority of the posters on ATS lack the ability of critical, out of the box thinking. What are you guys doing??!!

Dude ... he's doing his money making schtick which is fine, but his antics are really giving legitimate conspiracy discussions a bad name. Are you aware of the fact that the dead Boston Bomber, and his jihadi mother, BOTH have quoted Alex Jones? He inspired them and gave them fodder for their actions and attitudes. Jones is irresponsible.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   
I'm respectful enough of anyone who is able to go nose-to-nose with the arrogant stinking pigs of the MSM (not to insult actual pigs), even when they fly off the handle and go totally haywire. However, I'm still waiting for someone who can be a REAL threat to the establishment, whereby, yes, he or she would or will almost certainly be snuffed or "suicided" quickly enough, most sadly. I want someone with the tenacity and argumentative skill of Jones, or actually even better, AND who also has a calm, secure, and yes, SPIRITUAL (not to be confused with religious) enough presence. Said person, above all, would or will be able to focus on the most important subject, the secrecy surrounding various unexplained phenomena, which is the very first place Jonesy is absolutely unable to go, always, without fail, therefore he remains basically an ineffective, impotent joke.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   
yeah...

well...

once Alex Jones starts showing a little bit of respect for anyone who disagrees with him then i might start to see your point OP until then I cannot respect the man nor take anything he says seriously

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Alex Jones is the f'ing anti-christ, and I'll tell you why. WHAT you say, and HOW you say it are EQUALLY as important. Also, when, where, and why you say things are equally as important. If you do not use information intelligently with the perfect combination of these variables, then the information gets wasted.

WHAT Alex Jones says is mostly, if not all, true. Which is fine and dandy except that what he is saying is being combined with the incorrect timing, reason, and purpose, which therefore distorts the original information into being associated with lunacy.

So TPTB let the truth be spoken, but only in such a way that when people hear HOW it is delivered, they won't want to think twice about it because it sounds so outlandish, also coupled with inappropriate timing, and bam, you have a recipe for making conspiracy theorists look crazy.

As I've said before, Alex Jones personality is simply a tool that serves to discredit those of us who share in his opinions. The truth is being shoved blatantly in everyone's face so loudly and maniacally, that from now on everyone that hears these similar truths will automatically associate the "ideas" (truth) with insanity, aka Alex Jone's personality. Nobody will ever want to be associated with anything Alex Jones says eventually, since every time you see him in the media he is being ridiculed. Most people don't want to be ridiculed and they will do everything they can just to fit in. Alex Jones is the poster child of not fitting in anywhere and The Powers That Be LOVE it. They love the fact that they don't have to hide or conceal the truth anymore because they have made the truth carry associations of insanity and immaturity. People will want to be associated with being sane and fitting in so they will never carry Alex Jones words forward. It's all in HOW you say it, context, if you will. Alex Jones is a forced "Cassandra's Syndrome" case in my opinion. Cassandra in greek mythology was shown the future, and the God's knew that she knew the truth of things to come, so they cursed her with the inability to intelligently communicate. She ranted and raved like a madwoman, yet every word that came out of her mouth was true, but nobody wanted to listen because of the manner in which she delivered it made it seem like she was possessed. Sound familiar?

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Not that I'm voicing an opinion of Mr. Jones one way or another, but it was actually General David Petraeus who was quoted as discussing the future of intelligence gathering and how home appliances may one day soon help in this endeavor. Dish washers may or may not be included.

"Items of interest will be located, identified, monitored, and remotely controlled through technologies such as radio-frequency identification, sensor networks, tiny embedded servers, and energy harvesters — all connected to the next-generation internet using abundant, low-cost, and high-power computing,” Petraeus said, “the latter now going to cloud computing, in many areas greater and greater supercomputing, and, ultimately, heading to quantum computing."
www.wired.com...

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   

If it wasn't for the likes of Alex Jones and David Icke, many of us would still be in the dark about what is going on in this world, bear this mind as we accelerate into the NWO.

the NWO?
well for starters thats a myth accelerated by Jones and the like.
didnt you see Jones in that video shout out the name of his website numerous times?
he wouldnt let the other guest finish his piece at any time.
he came across as a raving loon because he is one

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Well not everyone slagged him off. I DID NOT!

I said I thought he was amazing.

I also said Andrew Neil is a rude, unprofessional idiot who was mocking the information Alex had [ he called him Alec]

I thought Alex was brilliant.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   

People see the worst in people and fucus on it, this brings out the worst in them as they attack the worst in others, leaving the worst in them espoused for others to focus on....and so the cycle continues and escalates, before you know it the whole conspiracey community that's been devided, leaving tptb to carry on moving their plan for a new world order further forward, as we are distracted by our own pettiness.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
The last time I listened to one of his shows (for fun) they were advertising "anti radiation" water purifiers, he mixes some truth (common sense) with BS, as does David Icke. Also the platform he has built is to get richer, he is a salesman and a top class sensationalist. Sure he draws attention to subjects, he is probably one reason the general populace think conspiracy theorists are nutters, I can't blame them either.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Agreed, Alex Jones is a baller.

I'm sure the story behind him is an interesting one. But he has done more than anyone to break people out of MSM lies.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   

I think it's important to note here that where my own posts are concerned? I was a regular and heavy contributor to the Alex Jones sites and particularly Prison Planet, before 'moving up' in the world by coming to ATS. I let my account lapse into disuse over there when I came here as I really do see it as a major move UP and not a lateral change.

However, it's important to say because while you can fault people like me for opinions you find wrong? I assure you ignorance isn't a part of it. I'm very well aware of what Mr Jones is about, how he runs his empire from the view of the public anyway, and his staff's level of accuracy ...or sometimes the lack of it... to the stories they take from other sites and post. They kinda do what we do here with threads....and strike me as about as reliable. Right more often than not, but that's a crappy record when you hold yourself out as he does. We're just normal bloggers.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   

LOL

Alex Jones the freedom fighter?

No..Alex Jones the Charlatan, who talks about hating capitalism just enough to reap really nice rewards from it.

Pathetic. Alex was relevant in the 90's and early 2000, like..2002.

He should have just faded into oblivion as his brand of fear mongering and out right nonsense sometimes is old and tired.

Alex served his purpose.

Now he serves theirs. What's even sadder is he probably doesn't know it.

~Tenth

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Alex Jones is ignorant and disrespectful, why should you expect anything else from our reaction to his ignorant disrespectful and pathetic displays?

He is no longer relevant. He is no longer doing any good. I'm not going to applaud him for making me look like an idiot just because he might have meant well at some distance past point.

If you can watch a childish display the likes of any of his interviews, and not cringe and feel ashamed, then you've already drank far too much of the Jones brand koolaid.

If left to his own devices, Jones will continue to:

marginalize actual patriots and freedom fighters
help criminalize gun rights advocates and gun owners
help criminalize anonymous online activity
help criminalize protests and rallies

I'm sure the list is longer but that's just what came to mind. I could post ample examples of him doing what I just claimed about, but it would be pointless.

Better yet. If you expect me to respect Jones and his opinions and actions, you'd best be respecting my opinions.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
He may have had a point to make but on British TV you dont rant and rave to get your point across like on American TV shows. Over here it comes off as crass and stupid and make people think you are just another loud dumb american....

He was his own worse enemy.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   

If it wasn't for the likes of Alex Jones and David Icke, many of us would still be in the dark about what is going on in this world

wrong.

if it wasnt for Bill Cooper even AJ would be out of a job.. give credit where credit is due..

and if it wasnt for Project Mocking Bird they would have no reason to counter Cooper with Jones..

keep in mind some of use have listened to AJ for the entire time he has been broadcasting and have noticed patterns emerge...

* caller mentions secret societies undermining government positions with oaths honored before oaths of office.. AJ hangs up..

* caller mentions israel has nukes right now and a suicidal Sampson Option hangs up..

* caller mentions debt is money AJ changes the topic after hanging up..

its smoke & mirrors.. Cooper was nation wide each & every day spreading more truth in a week than AJ has done in 13 years..

it goes on and on ...

Cooper predicted 911, not Jones!! he listened to the very same broadcasts we did then ran with it on his show claiming it was his own prediction!!

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by EViLKoNCEPTz

You know, I hear this argument all the time, but not once have I shed one shiny nickel to hear anything he has ever said. Ever. I listen to his show for free. I watch his movies for free. I have never bought a shirt or book or anything else from his site. Yet, I can honestly credit him with nudging me in directions I would have never looked before.

Is everything he says the absolute truth? Not a chance. Is he a little unhinged at times? Yep. I can't blame him one bit. Is he doing something good as opposed to conglomerate corporate America to make money? He sure is.

You don't have to like him, that's the beauty of having a mind and being able to form opinions. I don't blame you for not liking him. But you also are acting foolish if you think all of his listeners are brain dead loons. We are not all ignorant rednecks.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by reeferman

Let me start this off by saying that I have nothing but the utmost respect for William Cooper. I wish with all of my heart that the man was still alive today to give us another perspective on the state of the world we live in today.

My question to you is, how do you think Mr. Coopers demeanor would be with all that is going on in our world today? We all know that Mr. Cooper had his own way of coming across as an a-hole, and at time seemed like a drunken lunatic.

These people are dealing in a dangerous business, if you buy into the conspiracy of it all. Mr. Cooper surely paid with his life. It wasn't his refusal to pay taxes that got him killed.

Alex is a different monster all together. While I do have my suspicions of the messenger, I feel like I can see my way through the BS to get to the small truths that he is putting out there. Like I've said, he helped lead me to a different outlook on the ways of the world.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join