It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News Broadcast goes too far in coverage. . .

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Fox is being held liable because had they not aired it originally it wouldn't have been available at all. Fox was the only source for the original video, there were no other stations cameras present, and no bystanders filming. The dash cams in the cop cars wouldn't have been publicly available. Which leaves Fox responsible for recording and playing the footage and putting it out into the public domain. Had they never aired it there would be no YouTube video for his kids to watch.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 02:22 AM
link   
You can't blame Fox, they did everything right in their coverage, and just made a horrible mistake in not cutting away soon enough. Here's Shep explaining in full what went wrong. It was an honest mistake that could and has happened to virtually every network out there, and this is kind of reaching and a lame attempt of those who just want to have another reason to bash Fox.

edit on 11-6-2013 by MadhatterTheGreat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by EViLKoNCEPTz
Fox is being held liable because had they not aired it originally it wouldn't have been available at all.

Thats a very slippery slope.
To be punished, not because you did the crime, but because if you hadnt done X, then somebody else would not have been able to take it that one step further and actually do the evil deed.

But in any case, if anyone wants to read a bit about the background of the father and why he committed suicide at all, there is a story here.
A story of crime, guns, drugs, carjackings, prison, parole, drugs, infidelity, more drugs, domestic violence, not reporting for parole, guns, crack coc aine, etc...

It also sheds light on why the three children didnt recognise their father on the youtube video immediately. He'd already left the mother years earlier and was having babies with another girlfriend. They'd probably not seen him in a while.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Well if it was a "crime" and not a civil matter they could be charged as an accessory to said crime. It's their facilitation of the deed that puts the liability on them. I'm not saying it right, just that that's how it works in the legal world.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   

reply to post by alfa1

I'm not saying it right, just that that's how it works in the legal world.

Kinda funny how often that statement comes up, huh!?!?!?

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
So these kids get rewarded for their dad being an idiot. I don't think so. Fox may have messed up but they did not control this mans actions. Those kids deserved to see live what an idiot their dad was.

Now, if ANY kid sees a live death sure they are going to be messed up som but why are they intitled to money for this? It's a Normal response to everyday life. The kids will get over it. I'm sure the Mom is just trying to make a buck because she now has no hubby.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Isn't America messed up?
Janet Jackson flashes a nipple and the nation is in outrage with "family groups" writing petitions and planning boycotts, a gay character kisses another on screen and you have Christian extremists banging down the doors of broadcasters and legal threats being made. But a station can broadcast the suicide of a man live on national TV and barely anything is said about it

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
At any time during the entire chase they could have changed the subject. The apology for showing what really happened was unnecessary. It's like showing violence in any public live video. Accidents, animal attacks, war scenes, people jumping out of burning buildings.. this was a suited to escape the brutality that was likely to follow if he was apprehended, after running scared. That is real life. That is how real people really suicide themselves.

I'd be more concerned these days if the news failed to prove how he died. There is real conspiracy between law enforcement and the press, that sometimes they work against the truth and only show you what they want you to see, as in the intentions revealed in the apology. The conspiracy could be, not necessarily in this event but in theory, that the news cuts the self-kill scene and reports to the public that the suspect attacked police and they shot the suspect to death.

It's not too far to report what really happened. It might lose viewers, it is Fox with see no evil conservative bias. But then what can thy do, show graphic images at night of war atrocities overseas with an apologetic warning? They're hypocritical, probably for the sake that they lose money in fines, not out of genuine interest for the viewing public.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocker2013

That pretty well defines America and has for a very long time. You can see all manner of the most extreme violence, torture, gore and brutality on morning, noon and night across non-paying television channels. Just regular series programs. In fact, it's almost getting impossible NOT to see it as some part of most shows, outside the reality genre (we won't touch Cops.. lol).

Yet...have a woman strip down to what God gave her for a full sun tan? She's going to jail. Show that same scene on those same channels and someone is getting fined out the wazoo or a show is getting taken off the air, outright. Show a full male frontal nude...even IN movies in most cases, and the outcry is deafening.

It's a funny thing. It really is. The more I've come to read, write articles and deal with stories of REAL violence, death and depravity among my fellow man, the less tolerant I've become to seeing it on TV or movies. Many shows I used to watch I find myself now distinctly uncomfortable with. Perhaps it's because now I know enough to relate scenes to real homicide cases or real scenes of brutality that happened to real people. It takes all the amusement out of watching it fictionalized and makes me really wonder....did I actually watch that crap and find it fun?!

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   

reply to post by alfa1

Fox is being held liable because had they not aired it originally it wouldn't have been available at all. Fox was the only source for the original video, there were no other stations cameras present, and no bystanders filming. The dash cams in the cop cars wouldn't have been publicly available. Which leaves Fox responsible for recording and playing the footage and putting it out into the public domain. Had they never aired it there would be no YouTube video for his kids to watch.

why not go back a little further? as you say if it hadn't been for fox there wouldn't have been a video available for youtube and thus that is why fox is responsible. if that is true then it is even more true that if this "moron" had not been in the police chase and CHOSE to end his life there would have been nothing for fox to report in the first place. so therefore the responsibility should rest squarely on HIS head for what the kids saw as they searched for the vid to get a "thrill" from watching a person commit suicide, then finding out it was their father. as such if anyone should be sued for it it should be the deceased, and since he is dead, his estate. oh that's right they already have anything from that, so it's off to grab a buck from the news station instead.

yeah fox made a mistake, it happens. but THERE WAS INTENT and that was on behalf of the idiot killing himself. this should be tossed out of court. or hey if they do win why doesn't everybody who had to see it happen sue the family for what they had to witness. thus removing the profit they are trying to make off of something that was the fault of the father in the first place.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
While this is terribly sad at least Shepard
had the right idea, even if it was too late.

And if Wrabbit can't get support on ATS questioning FOX's ethics,
no wonder nothing gets traction when it comes to the almighty
&Largest MSM in the world.

I wonder the flag count if it was MSNBC's mistake?

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I don't think FOX owes anyone anything for this "mistake". The father is to blame for his own actions, no one else.

He was just released from prison and carjacks the vehicle while pointing a loaded gun at the driver and passengers head? How about the long 90+ mph death ride he took? He put, probably, hundreds of lives at stake during that pursuit.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
It's not Fox News' fault the man killed himself. They were just doing their job.
It sucks the man's kids saw it, but HE should've thought about that before killing himself.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join