It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Children and thier ability to talk to the dead

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I would like to hear from everyone that has a story like this. Recently a local man passed away at a young age. A friend posted a story of social media about her daughter questioning why she was said. She told her daughter because she will miss him. The daughter said he went home to live with god and then proceeded to ask her mom if she remembered when they lived with god and how they cuddled and held hands.

I also have a niece that was able to speak to my father. She was born a year to the day that he died. Her mom was pregnant with another child at the time of my fathers death. She had a miscarriage late in her pregnancy. A few days after my fathers death. She was subsequently buried on top of my father. A year later to the day of my fathers death my niece was born. From an early age she was able to talk to my father and her sister that she never meet, here on earth. She knew details like my fathers favorite food, etc that even I didn't know. There is no explanation as to how she new these things other than she really could speak to my father. My mom asked my niece why she was unable to talk to my father. And she said, you have to listen with your heart? No idea what that means. Any ideas? Also my wife and I lost a child a few years after my niece was born. She told us many things about him that she would not know. I asked what they do in heaven. She said my son, my father and my grandfather go fishing etc. She said that grandpa, my father, has to protect my son from the bad guys? She was able to describe them as being in middle 30's and having rainbow hair? Again, anyone have any ideas? Please share any info or stories you have.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   
As a kid I remember my sister being sent up to give Granddad his first cup of tea.

She returned with the tea and sat down.

"Why didn't you give Granddad his tea dear ?" Asked my Granny

"I can't get in the room" replied my sister "It's full of angles"

Sure enough Granddad had passed away in the night.

Cody

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by WesternIowaParanormal

I haven't had any experiences like this myself but I understand there are some incredible stories about children who appear to be reincarnated from someone or other, remembering their whole life story including how they died. There is also a thing I read just recently about a man...well here is the link.

'She's in between lifetimes': The Harvard educated psychiatrist who now believes in the afterlife after his 'dead son and father reached him through a patient' www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 05:54 AM
link   

There indeed seem to be quite a few stories like that, and also interesting NDE´s involving children as well.

I do not know what to make of this. The rational mind wants to put that in the realm of coincidence and a childs fantasy. But I get the feeling that there may be more to it. Or maybe that is just wishful thinking.

Who knows?

Does anybody know of any form of research that has been done in this area?

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nightaudit

Does anybody know of any form of research that has been done in this area?

Yes.

The book, Many Lives, Many Masters, gives many, many accounts of this.

Source: www.amazon.com...

As a traditional psychotherapist, Dr. Brian Weiss was astonished and skeptical when one of his patients began recalling past-life traumas that seemed to hold the key to her recurring nightmares and anxiety attacks. His skepticism was eroded, however, when she began to channel messages from the "space between lives," which contained remarkable revelations about Dr. Weiss' family and his dead son. Using past-life therapy, he was able to cure the patient and embark on a new, more meaningful phase of his own career.

edit on 6/11/2013 by sled735 because: correction

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Thanks! I just ordered it and am looking forward to reading it!

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   
What amazes me still these days is the fact that people think someone is talking to a dead person.

The body dies, our soul, light-body, true-self, energy-body or whatever you want to call it is eternal and lives on, so technically speaking children are just access that particular soul after they have transitioned.

Our bodies are just vehicles to experience life through, just like an automobile we use it, it gets old/unusable, and at a certain point we step out of it when the journey is over.

edit on 11-6-2013 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

I like Dr. Brian Weiss

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OP, I'll share a little story with you about my daughter and I and spirits.

One night I had a "dream" where I was having an OBE and was talking to some spirits hovering in the corner of my room. I did not tell my daughter about it.
The next morning she said she had a dream that night where two purple orbs came into her room and checked her out before leaving.

She has not had a dream like that sense. Nor do I want her too as she is to young to be dealing with the spirit world IMO.

But children are most definitely more open to it than most adults because they have not been programmed yet to disregard it. Also their imagination is wide open, so sometimes they do make things up, which I have found with my daughter

Now if I had not had an experience the same night,
I would of blown it off. She verified it was happening.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I talked to the ghost of my granddad as a kid. Was saying his name, and the word "granddad" before I could even talk. According to witnesses I did so while talking to an empty room.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Puberty is the point where most of us are blocked from communication.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by deadeyedick

Why is that?

2nd line.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

WHY Three letters that open up so many doors on this subject. It is hard for me to say. I am just now getting a glimpse of the how. Childhood is a time when we know the secrets to the kingdom of GOD. It is the time that the holy spirit is with us and we give her a personality that we a comfortable with our invisible friend. All lifes plans will be handled then and we are judged by how well we perform our lives based on what we are working with. It is at puberty that we are made to forget the communication ever took place. It is then that a negative spirit is bound to us. Some deal with this quite better than others.
edit on 11-6-2013 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Realtruth
Our bodies are just vehicles to experience life through, just like an automobile we use it, it gets old/unusable, and at a certain point we step out of it when the journey is over.

Well said!

Recently, there was an account where my niece came to the stairs from the media room crying because "The little boy is sad". She was the only one up there. I think Realtruth has the right idea. I believe everything that happens is recorded, and it is possible to access these recordings. I think my niece saw a recording of a sad little boy that once lived in my house.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by deadeyedick

That sounds very similar to what my boss was told when she was growing up and experienced some negative entity and went to her minister.
I take this is something that is taught when the need arises in church?

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

It is not supposed to be taught in church nor is the church to be involved but many have been preyed upon in church. The church is supposed to be a refuge for those like her that need strength. It is something that everyone of us has dealt with. It all depends on our past life actions. I do know that ignoring it or hiding from it only brings even worse lives in some cases. My main point to bringing this up in the thread is that something that happens during puberty gets in the way of us communicating with the other side. The more i understand what is going on the more i see why Jesus gave his life for the power to come back and wipe away all the sin debt we are born with so none of this bs takes place. The thing is that you have to accept him before he can help with this because we live in a place that has unseen rules that govern our lives. Those that just deny this only dig a deeper hole to be born into.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Unfortunately my experiences aren't with anyone I knew. I had a series of dreams when I was a young child about people dying horrific deaths, being brutally raped, etc. without having had any exposure to such scenes even by accidentally watching a movie with similar scenes. The victim would approach me afterwards and tell me to "Always be aware of the darkness but to always remain in the light" and that they wanted to talk to someone who would understand them and for the sake of telling someone (weird because they would never tell me their name or anything). I remember also sometimes being warned bad things could happen if I tell someone because of how children are sometimes taken away from their parents and such bc of these types of dreams. There have been a couple times where I have heard of stories and such similar to the incidents I dreamed about the night before (as a child). I don't experience these types of dreams anymore although I would say my dreams of this kind of nature and similar still occur on a regular basis. The creepiest part about all of this? I wasn't afraid of these dreams at all; I however would wake up feeling afraid of telling my parents so I "wouldn't be taken away" or being medicated otherwise. Strange thing for a 5 year old child to fear, isn't it?
One time in high school I had a dream about seeing someone carrying a thing of gas in the dark and then being inside of some random house that suddenly lit on fire. The next morning, I read in the news that someone's house lit on fire (no one died but still) and that it was a suspected arson.
edit on 6/13/13 by rainprincess64 because: Adding

new topics

top topics

join