It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Slap on Rear Gets Chad ‘Ochocinco’ Johnson 30 Days in Jail

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Was the slap on the ass inappropriate - YES! Did the judge abuse her powers - ABSOLUTELY!!! She should be removed from the bench post haste. Had he hugged the attorney, would the same sentence been handed out - NO!

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by HawkeyeNation

Lindsay is special. No only does she dodge serious jail time but she was in and out of jail in 6 hours for a 30 day sentence!

How can anyone beat that?

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by goou111

How the hell is that not the same thing

My bad!

I mistook you for someone that might have had enough sense to click on the link that I provided, and realize that my use of "an officer of the court" was in reference to Johnson's attorney.

Don't worry, though, that won't happen again.

why not just answer the question

YOUR "question" had nothing to do with MY statement.

If you still don't understand, you are beyond my help.

See ya,
Milt

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Thirty days of your life you'll never get back, and for what? A jesture known far and wide in the sports community. She needs to be thrown in the slammer. Did you see the look on her face? Like a dry river bed.
edit on 11-6-2013 by Oannes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Whatever. He abused his wife and acted like he just won a game instead of being remorseful. He deserved to get taken down a peg. Judge gave him a lil humble pie. I'll side with the non millionaire on this one.
edit on 6/11/2013 by fenson76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
This is just part of the New America, enjoy! Save @ Walmart/Costco!!!! Here's Tom with the weather!

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
He headbutted his wife.

He should have gotten 30 days in jail the first time around.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by WaterBottle

He headbutted his wife.

He should have gotten 30 days in jail the first time around.

To this crowd it would appear if they would have him get some sort of award. Violent spousal assault? Why should he go to jail for that?
I just don't get people on this website sometimes, if he had murdered a buss load of kids and gotten away with it, it would have been just fine by this crowd, but how dare the judge lay down some order in her courtroom. They want to lynch her for that "injustice".

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by WaterBottle

I'll be the first to admit I didnt read/know he headbutted his wife. This guy needs a lot longer than 30 days in jail.

Ignore my earlier post, it was hastily posted without reading all the facts.
edit on 11-6-2013 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
He is a woman-beating scumbag, who cares that he got 30 days??

He's hit a few women and uses his celeb status as a shield...

F this guy....

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I suppose we have to look at the room that he was in when he decided to butt-slap his attorney.

It was a courtroom.

The judge is in charge there, and most judges want to keep an air of decorum in their courtroom. They tend to be serious, and when you do something that makes the people present in the room laugh, they take it that you are not serious, and are making a mockery of the proceedings. The butt-slap is something that you do on the football field. The courtroom is different than a football field.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Hey guess what, I smoke cigarettes at work and have done so for years, does that mean its OK for me to light up in a courtroom?
Just because he is a professional athlete doesnt give him the right to act like he is on the playing field. He is in a court of law.

I heard on NPR this morning talk of it and was suggested the judge didnt like the plea agreement.
Perhaps it was is whole swagger in the courtroom that disgusted the judge.

Regardless, the judge is the judge....do the crime, do the time....its only 30 days

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by tinner07
Hey guess what, I smoke cigarettes at work and have done so for years, does that mean its OK for me to light up in a courtroom?
Just because he is a professional athlete doesnt give him the right to act like he is on the playing field. He is in a court of law.

I heard on NPR this morning talk of it and was suggested the judge didnt like the plea agreement.
Perhaps it was is whole swagger in the courtroom that disgusted the judge.

Regardless, the judge is the judge....do the crime, do the time....its only 30 days

30 days for a game of grab ass.

No real punishment for headbutting his wife.

He'll probably get out sooner.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Mostly everyone is upset with what the judge (law, the man, the establishment) did and forget this guy HEADBUTTED his wife. Ochostinko is a criminal. Typical ATS response in attacking the person who upholds the law and protecting/ making excuses for the actual criminals.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by goou111

oh well that's typical behavior by a power tripping judge...when you are not in a true court of law..

USA Flag

under Admiralty law guilt is presumed

edit on 11-6-2013 by reeferman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Buncha media BS but mostly agenda driven motivation to nail and pin this guy to set an example if you ask me. Wheres the scar on her forehead from the multiple stitches she had? Im pretty positive it was more of a nead nudge or press showing restraint. Shouldnt all parties be happy he didnt do anything more to realy hurt her like slapping her or really head butting her or worse? If no one was actually effed in a situation the court shouldnt waist time or tax payer money on cases as such.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by wickd_waze

2013 to 1950s man, Spousal abuse of any kind isn't acceptable anymore.

Sorry that the world has changed so dramatically for you, but these are the times we live in, no longer can you pimp slap your ol lady when she get's a little too mouthy.

If your single, this might be the reason why, if you somehow are in a relationship, this might be the reason your S/O winces or ducks when you try and put your arm around them.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
No one noticed he appeared in court in jeans, shirt untucked, no tie... then he acts like a comedian after being charged for assaulting his wife and people are thinking the judge is at fault? Really people? I like to shout vulgarities while driving, or at a game, so you think I can do this in court? I like to dress like cr@p around the house, and in general really, can I do this in court? If I were the judge I would have made him change clothes before appearing before me asking for lenience. I think he made a mockery and I would have fined him a LOT of money to be paid to a charity of my choice. It seems an almost daily occurrence that I believe people should be grateful I am not in control of things

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Volund

But yes, the jail system is another topic. I am sure some shareholder is counting money somewhere.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join